1.    #1  
    Is there a way to disable outlook?

I don't use push mail, and I am tired of having 3 accounts to scroll through when I only use 2.

I use the SMS and I used my email account I setup through add another account.

Also, is there a way to stop the email program from deleting my messages after it searches the email server and finds out I downloaded messages on my phone to my home computer.

I wish it would just leave the messages on the phone.

Thanks
    Last edited by MRTRIPOD; 03/26/2009 at 08:16 PM.
  2.    #2  
    bump
    add sms to your today screen and take the others off. Check your delivery settings on your phone and home computer because my gmail account downloads to both whether I read them or not.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    BUMP on this. Anyone figure this out? I hate having to switch between 3 accounts, when I only have AOL email and SMS set up. I want to get rid of the outlook email.
  5.    #5  
    Bump again
    It cannot be taken away.
    I looked into this before, and there is no way around it, if it's Pocket Outlook, that "account" will be there for syncing desktop outlook with the device.....
  7.    #7  
    there has to be a way.

a registry hack or something
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    there has to be a way.

a registry hack or something
    There is not, I looked and searched and went though the registry....at least not that I had found at all.....
    I have always believed that outlook is an integral part of WM since that's the core of Microsoft Active Sync Direct Push technology which battles the Blacberry devices (beautiful design on the BB8900 by the way) so why don't you give insteas Outlook a try and get hosted exchange account and you'll se the difference of what you're missing.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I have always believed that outlook is an integral part of WM since that's the core of Microsoft Active Sync Direct Push technology which battles the Blacberry devices (beautiful design on the BB8900 by the way) so why don't you give insteas Outlook a try and get hosted exchange account and you'll se the difference of what you're missing.
    how do I do this?

I just use my email provided by my dsl provider.

is it free

thanks
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    it is definitely NOT free. You'll have to pay at least $3-4 a month.

I have the same problem - I use IMAP for my organization's email - and having that empty Outlook is indeed annoying.