1.    #1  
    This may sound like such a Newbie question... but where is the best place to install software?

I mean, I install anything that will take a lot of space, like my YouTube stuff on my memory card. However, I tend to install sytem things, like RealVGA and this new 800w Threaded SMS directly to my phone's memory.

What's the call on this? Should EVERYTHING be installed to a memory card, even things like RealVGA?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    This may sound like such a Newbie question... but where is the best place to install software?

I mean, I install anything that will take a lot of space, like my YouTube stuff on my memory card. However, I tend to install sytem things, like RealVGA and this new 800w Threaded SMS directly to my phone's memory.

What's the call on this? Should EVERYTHING be installed to a memory card, even things like RealVGA?
    I install it on main mem, that's where we have max mem avail. you should setup cache files from apps like WinLive, Google maps et al go to ur storage card.

BigMots
    and I have always used the card and of course the cache files to the card.
    how do you set up your cache files onto your card?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    If I download thru my phone, I always save it to my memory card.

Even if I transfer files, I save it to my memory card.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  6.    #6  
    I don't mean the storage as to where I save it. I save everything on my memory card. I mean when I install something. Some people say install EVERYTHING to the card... I would think that if there are things like today screen plug ins, that they would work faster installed to the phone.

Just curious.
    They may work faster; however, there are limitations to device memory. I just formed the habit back in the Palm OS days of doing everything I could to the card.

As far as setting caches, there are often settings within the application that allow this functionality.
    example of a program I can change to the cache to.

Also, do you make a folder on the card that caches all the programs, so do you make a folder for each programs cache on the card?