1.    #1  
    I plan on setting up my new Pro tonight. I have the 700p and am using Good Messaging with Outlook. On the new Pro, will I have to use Good, or can I just use Outlook with Exchange? Also what is the best/easiest way to get all of my contact info to the new Pro from my 700p?

Thanks!
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    I plan on setting up my new Pro tonight. I have the 700p and am using Good Messaging with Outlook. On the new Pro, will I have to use Good, or can I just use Outlook with Exchange? Also what is the best/easiest way to get all of my contact info to the new Pro from my 700p?

Thanks!
    you dont have to use good.

to get contacts over from palm to wm, get contacts on to outlook. wm and outlook are buddies.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. So when I set up my Outlook on the Pro it will have my contacts that I sync prior to that.
    This is what I did with my 755p:

- Sync 755p with Outlook. If you have it setup to sync with the Palm desktop, just switch it to Outlook.

- Once you have all your info in Outlook, plug the Pro to your PC. It will take you through the Active Sync installation process. Once that is done, it will sync with Outlook. Everything in Outlook (that you select to sync) will be on the Pro.

The process was very simple and took me just a few minutes.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    You might have to use Good if it is for work and that is what is supported.

If your company runs exchange see if they support windod mobile devices. This is a sweet combo.

Google "Seven Beta" for personal push email.
    I have a 700P as well and followed the same process as cash70...no issues
  7.    #7  
    This sounds like a stupid question, but has anyone else had issues with their charger? Mine is not working for some reason....