Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I realy do like the way it looks and the smilies, it is very similar to what was on my Treo 650, and Centro. It looks great on the Touch, just two annoances, first no link to view Picture mail, and it will not move up when I open the onboard keyboard, I could live with the later, but I would realy like the former.
    That said great job in porting this over to other PPC devices.
    Terry
    I tought Palm SMS software was meant to work with native MMS gateway as opposed of using Sprint's picture mail. I mean I don't know much b/c I have at&t (GSM/3G) and from the incept all GSM devices work on such protocol.
    Last edited by chestvrg; 04/13/2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: mispelling reasons
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have another question, ok so I uninstalled this, followed the instructions, it did uninstall, but now when I send a message from the regular text program I get a mail sent notice, I never got that before, and when one comes in I get the little sound notice, but I also used to get a little pop up with a soft button for reply, now I have to tap on the soft button that says notification, then I get the pop up with the reply soft button, is there a way to set this back to the way it was: No message sent pop up notice, and get the pop up when one comes in?
    Thanks again
    Terry
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I tought Palm SMS software was meant to work with native MMS gatewate as oppose of using Sprint's picture mail. I mean I don't know much b/c I have at&t (GSM/3G) and from the incept all GSM devices work on such protocol.
    You are correct, though not working on Sprint.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I have another question, ok so I uninstalled this, followed the instructions, it did uninstall, but now when I send a message from the regular text program I get a mail sent notice, I never got that before, and when one comes in I get the little sound notice, but I also used to get a little pop up with a soft button for reply, now I have to tap on the soft button that says notification, then I get the pop up with the reply soft button, is there a way to set this back to the way it was: No message sent pop up notice, and get the pop up when one comes in?
    Thanks again
    Terry
    hmm, the uninstall should restore you back to the way it was. Dunno why you would be getting any different behavior. You could try playing with the Sounds & Notifications settings to see if you can get the old behavior back. FWIW I've notice on my TP sometimes that pop up shows and sometimes not until I hit the soft key. I'm not sure why, maybe it works different when the phone is on vs suspended or something.
    I know this will make me sound old, but, do we have any way of controlling the font size in the Palm Messaging popup windows? I would like to increase the font size in that area. For that matter, I would not mind making the entire popup bubble bigger/taller.

Thanks

-D
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I know this will make me sound old, but, do we have any way of controlling the font size in the Palm Messaging popup windows? I would like to increase the font size in that area. For that matter, I would not mind making the entire popup bubble bigger/taller.

Thanks

-D
    That's a WM notification bubble. It probably uses a system setting someplace, but not sure where. You might be able to change the system fonts to achieve that. Here is a link related to that.

Replacing OS Design Fonts

I don't have any experience with modifying the fonts. Maybe someone else here does?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's a WM notification bubble. It probably uses a system setting someplace, but not sure where. You might be able to change the system fonts to achieve that. Here is a link related to that.

Replacing OS Design Fonts

I don't have any experience with modifying the fonts. Maybe someone else here does?
    I don't think the system font rules apply here. I have increased the text size there in the reg as well as under Settings > Screen > Text Size and the fonts in the bubble seem to stay the same. I will have to do some more digging.

Thanks

-D
    I haven't noticed any battery issues. Been using this app for several years on different devices. The only thing that it does when you aren't using it is retry failed sends. Check you outbox to see if anything is there.
    Hannip do you know if this would work with the HTC Touch Pro as it is using the windows native sms threaded messages like the stock Treo Pro. And yes i did say Touch Pro. I still love me my Treos.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Hannip do you know if this would work with the HTC Touch Pro as it is using the windows native sms threaded messages like the stock Treo Pro. And yes i did say Touch Pro. I still love me my Treos.
    Yes it does.

PPCGeeks - View Single Post - NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09
    You are the man. Still very helpful really appreciate it. Now i have the best of both worlds. Ok just found out about the mms issues with sprint. I will wait till its solved.
    Last edited by champagne609; 04/13/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    You are the man. Still very helpful really appreciate it. Now i have the best of both worlds. Ok just found out about the mms issues with sprint. I will wait till its solved.
    My lack of understanding MMS - can someone tell me what MMS brings to a mobile device that the Treo Pro on Sprint does not currently allow/do?

I understand smilies and threading - I am talking about actual MMS capabilities that are available on another device on another network, that we cannot get with our TP on Sprint.
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    My lack of understanding MMS - can someone tell me what MMS brings to a mobile device that the Treo Pro on Sprint does not currently allow/do?

I understand smilies and threading - I am talking about actual MMS capabilities that are available on another device on another network, that we cannot get with our TP on Sprint.
    It is more a Smartphone issue than anything else. Most Sprint/Nextel phones allow MMS messaging from within the phone. MMS allows you to send pictures, voice messages, and videos as a text message rather than embedding it in an email. For example, I send pictures to my friend in Alabama using MMS. She can get it as a text message on her Nextel Motorola i880 phone and see the picture, along with any text I send. She doesn't need to have internet access or anything to see what I send. I am also able to see what she sends me without having to access the internet.

Sprint has never really supported MMS before with the smart devices until the Treo Pro was released. With the Sprint 700w &700wx, you could only do MMS if you embedded the picture/video/sound in an email and sent it to the person. With the 800w and 755p, you needed to download a program from Sprint called Picture messaging or something like that. It allows you to send pics/videos/sounds. The recipient gets a text message that they have a picture, and have to click on a link to view what is sent. With the Treo Pro, everything works within the messaging system, no other programs needed. Sprint always claimed that it was hardware limitations that prevented them from letting their phones use MMS, but the comparable Verizon phones allowed MMS with no problems. The Treo Pro has removed this limitation.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    It is more a Smartphone issue than anything else. Most Sprint/Nextel phones allow MMS messaging from within the phone. MMS allows you to send pictures, voice messages, and videos as a text message rather than embedding it in an email. For example, I send pictures to my friend in Alabama using MMS. She can get it as a text message on her Nextel Motorola i880 phone and see the picture, along with any text I send. She doesn't need to have internet access or anything to see what I send. I am also able to see what she sends me without having to access the internet.

Sprint has never really supported MMS before with the smart devices until the Treo Pro was released. With the Sprint 700w &700wx, you could only do MMS if you embedded the picture/video/sound in an email and sent it to the person. With the 800w and 755p, you needed to download a program from Sprint called Picture messaging or something like that. It allows you to send pics/videos/sounds. The recipient gets a text message that they have a picture, and have to click on a link to view what is sent. With the Treo Pro, everything works within the messaging system, no other programs needed. Sprint always claimed that it was hardware limitations that prevented them from letting their phones use MMS, but the comparable Verizon phones allowed MMS with no problems. The Treo Pro has removed this limitation.

Outstanding information. That and the fact that it is threaded means the only thing I am lacking from the "old days" is smilies - I thought I was going a bit crazy. I am really happy with the SMS/MMS package in the TP.
    Charliec
  15.    #175  
    So I would like to look into the Sprint issue some more. If there is an Alltel Treo Pro user that wouldn't mind dumping their registry and sending it to me it would be a big help. Send to hannip AT aol DOT com.

Thanks.
    So I would like to look into the Sprint issue some more. If there is an Alltel Treo Pro user that wouldn't mind dumping their registry and sending it to me it would be a big help. Send to hannip AT aol DOT com.

Thanks.
    I know this is off topic, but can I send that WAV file to the same address? I'm not sure how to zip/attach files on this site yet.
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I know this is off topic, but can I send that WAV file to the same address? I'm not sure how to zip/attach files on this site yet.
    Sure, that's fine. Thanks.
    I have treo 800w with windows 6.1 with cricket I installed ur Palm Threaded sms gsm beta2 because when I installed the Palm threaded sms beta1 i could send mms but not sms. so i installed beta2 and im able to send sms and mms but i just cant receive mms, i couldnt receive either with beta1. can you please help me. thanks.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9154124609 View Post
    I have treo 800w with windows 6.1 with cricket I installed ur Palm Threaded sms gsm beta2 because when I installed the Palm threaded sms beta1 i could send mms but not sms. so i installed beta2 and im able to send sms and mms but i just cant receive mms, i couldnt receive either with beta1. can you please help me. thanks.
    Can you use a reg editor? If so try changing the following values as such.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "IsVerizon"=dword:00000001
    "IsGSM"=dword:00000000
    I do have that setting in place already, thats how i made it send mms, i just cant receive them.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast