Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have always had to go to a web site to view picture mail, even on my Centro, I don't get a lot of picture mail tho,
    Terry
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    OK. I have a comment and a question. I miss smilie thingies...I hate the format of the WM SMS (even though it is threaded) - but I receive pictures sent from other people with no intervention at all on my Treo Pro - no jumping out to Picture Mail like my Treo 800...is there a reason I want to jump to a modified Palm SMS if it does not handle the pictures (which is MMS to me - I am probably missing something) - I had to install sMMS Picture Mail Composer one the 800w and use that, but still not a real clean way to do this...what might I be missing?
    If you use picture mail then you probably don't want to install this on any Sprint network phone unless you have some alternative way to view your picture mail. Hopefully this will change once we figure out a fix.

For Alltel, Cricket and AT&T/Cingular phones it has been verified 100% functional for SMS and MMS. It may work on vzw, but I haven't heard any confirmation yet.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    hannip,

Thanks for the links. I have been reading tons of stuff on this all night much to my wife's dismay They cover a lot about customizing the graphics but unfortunately there does not seem to be a user controllable option for relinking the NOW screen Shortcuts. It seems that many users have also been asking for the calendar to link to 3rd party applications. Because this seems to follow along the same path I looked in to it further and it appears that the only way to do it is to:
    "use the API for MS to use ______ Touch as a plugin"... "Spb Mobile Shell 2.0 offers an API to third party developers to integrate into Spb Menu and Now Screen."
    Spb Club :: View topic - Integration with PIM managers

I hate to even ask because I have no idea what it would take... but would this be an easy addition for you on the next release of Palm Messaging?
    I have several other projects I'm working on so you might have better luck asking someone familiar with spb mobile shell. I tend not to invest too much time on things I don't use, but I've been known to on occasion.

Side Note: Somewhat of a work around:
    One final thing that might help you or other in my position... I found when I do a soft reset, the NOW screen icon for SMS works the first time I press it. This leads me to believe once Palm Messaging is running in the back ground SPB NOW screen looses the ability to recall the program, but I have NO idea why. To confirm this I used a task manager to force close Palm Messaging and went back to the NOW screen and sure enough it launched fine. It appears that once Palm Messaging is launched the OK does not "close" the program and it keeps running in the background. The X button will close it and as stated then the link starts working again.

Thanks hannip for your help. We are soooo close

-D
    To me this sounds like an spb mobile shell bug that you should report. I wonder how the 800w users dealt with this issue. You might want to check on the 800w forum.

You could continue using the X to close the app as a workaround. I think there are other utilities out there that will make the OK button close certain apps also. Magic Button comes to mind.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I have always had to go to a web site to view picture mail, even on my Centro, I don't get a lot of picture mail tho,
    Terry
    Yeah, for my very limited use of picture mail it's acceptable to me to use the web site, but it sure would be nice to fix this problem.
    I've downloaded the GSM .cab file to my phone. And I don't see it anywhere. I've downloaded it to my storage card and my internal memory and nothing.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by buwnkle View Post
    I've downloaded the GSM .cab file to my phone. And I don't see it anywhere. I've downloaded it to my storage card and my internal memory and nothing.
    The default place location on internal storage it goes to is My Documents. Try looking there? I just tested the download to my storage card and I see it. Sort by date to see it.

You could also try this url for direct OTA installation.

For GSM:
    http://carlnet.no-ip.org/phone/hanni...SM%20beta2.cab
    no, nothing. I don't see it in My Documents or in my storage card.
    Usually when i install a .cab file, i get a popup on my phone asking if I can to accept it because it not from a trusted site etc. But it doesn't do that at all.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by buwnkle View Post
    Usually when i install a .cab file, i get a popup on my phone asking if I can to accept it because it not from a trusted site etc. But it doesn't do that at all.
    Dunno, did you try the OTA link? If all else fails download it to your pc and copy it over via ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    If you use picture mail then you probably don't want to install this on any Sprint network phone unless you have some alternative way to view your picture mail. Hopefully this will change once we figure out a fix.

For Alltel, Cricket and AT&T/Cingular phones it has been verified 100% functional for SMS and MMS. It may work on vzw, but I haven't heard any confirmation yet.

Actually, I just want to be able to send and receive pics - and the "new" WIN version of SMS does that for me, and it is threaded. I do not like the way it lays out on the screen, nor do I like missing the smilies...otherwise, it funtions to send/receive pics and threads SMS for me...how will the product you are working on (which I appreciate) make this better?
    Charliec
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Actually, I just want to be able to send and receive pics - and the "new" WIN version of SMS does that for me, and it is threaded. I do not like the way it lays out on the screen, nor do I like missing the smilies...otherwise, it funtions to send/receive pics and threads SMS for me...how will the product you are working on (which I appreciate) make this better?
    Well firstly it's not my product, It's Palm's product that I simply grabbed from my 800w. If you've ever used Palm's style SMS and want it back then this is for you. If you are a picture mail user on Sprint then I would suggest you wait for it to be fixed before using it.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    So just wondering, did the 800 not do picture mail?
    Thanks
    Terry
  13.    #153  
    So just wondering, did the 800 not do picture mail?
    Thanks
    Terry
    No it didn't when it was released. Later on Sprint provided a way to send MMS using the Sprint Picturemail app. When receiving an MMS you'd just get an SMS with a link.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    so just the way it is now?!
  15.    #155  
    so just the way it is now?!
    No, now you can send mms right from the Palm app and the TP supports seamless mms receive which should work with the Palm app, but doesn't on the Sprint network for some reason.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    No, now you can send mms right from the Palm app and the TP supports seamless mms receive which should work with the Palm app, but doesn't on the Sprint network for some reason.
    So the TP with its native app for MMS will display photos from the message, or do you get a link to the web site?
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok so now I have another question, what is the address for the web page when you get picture mail?
    I go to the site from the link in the native app (HTC Touch) but dont know how I could get to it with out the link.
    Thanks again
    Terry
  18.    #158  
    So the TP with its native app for MMS will display photos from the message, or do you get a link to the web site?
    Terry
    It displays photos from the message.
  19.    #159  
    Ok so now I have another question, what is the address for the web page when you get picture mail?
    I go to the site from the link in the native app (HTC Touch) but dont know how I could get to it with out the link.
    Thanks again
    Terry
    When getting a link to a picture I think it goes to Player detection in Browser....
    When receiving inline it goes to http://mms.sprintpcs.com.
    Yes- the only thing missing is the smilies and the nicer formatting of the message itself that was available on the Palm version (I had one th 800w) - everything works using the SMS/MMS shipped on the TP, so far. Pictures can be sent directly from TP and card, and received in the incoming message.
    Charliec
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast