Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think it's something Sprint is doing, since it's working fine on Alltel. Aren't there any Sprint tech guys that read this forum? Sure could use a pointer here.
    Have you tried looking around sprintusers.com or buzzaboutwireless.com? I know some of the Sprint techs do read and respond on those sites.

Last edited by ivhs72; 03/31/2009 at 07:44 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I feel so bad that sprint users are not able to enjoy full MMS features with Palm's SMS appl, well I know Hannip has been doing a great job with both the GSM ad the CDMA versions fo the Treo Pro.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Have you tried looking around sprintusers.com or buzzaboutwireless.com? I know some of the Sprint techs do read and respond on those sites.

Palm SMS/MMS - Any Sprint Techs Here? - SprintUsers.com
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I feel so bad that sprint users are not able to enjoy full MMS features with Palm's SMS appl, well I know Hannip has been doing a great job with both the GSM ad the CDMA versions fo the Treo Pro.
    No reason to feel bad. I'm just glad others can enjoy full functioning MMS from the Palm app. It's a great app that Palm/Sprint should make available to all Palm WM devices.
    You da man!!

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    No reason to feel bad. I'm just glad others can enjoy full functioning MMS from the Palm app. It's a great app that Palm/Sprint should make available to all WM devices.
    Fixed lol.

I'm using this on my Mogul and it works great. I was previously using the Codyppc version which I thought was the same as the one on the 800w, but it would never send my MMS's. This one works perfectly. Now I don't have to use that slow, nasty Sprint Picturemail junk. Thanks hannip!
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Fixed lol.

I'm using this on my Mogul and it works great. I was previously using the Codyppc version which I thought was the same as the one on the 800w, but it would never send my MMS's. This one works perfectly. Now I don't have to use that slow, nasty Sprint Picturemail junk. Thanks hannip!
    Can you receive MMS ok?
    Can you receive MMS ok?
    to find out for sure, i posted the file on ppcgeeks. we should have a few testers there by end of day.

NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09 - PPCGeeks
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Can you receive MMS ok?
    Aha...looks like I celebrated too soon lol

I get a text saying that I have a new picturemail, but there's no link to go to the picture, so I can't actually see the picture unless I log onto the picturemail website on my computer. I logged onto the picturemail website on my phone and it doesn't let you view your inbox (don't know why ) so as of right now, if anyone sends an MMS, I don't think I'd be able to view it from my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Aha...looks like I celebrated too soon lol

I get a text saying that I have a new picturemail, but there's no link to go to the picture, so I can't actually see the picture unless I log onto the picturemail website on my computer. I logged onto the picturemail website on my phone and it doesn't let you view your inbox (don't know why ) so as of right now, if anyone sends an MMS, I don't think I'd be able to view it from my phone.
    Confirmed. Cannot receive MMS. But.. I LOVE THIS APP.

The app is great - but this is a huge setback for me. I hope one of us can figure this out.. damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecred View Post
    Confirmed. Cannot receive MMS. But.. I LOVE THIS APP.

The app is great - but this is a huge setback for me. I hope one of us can figure this out.. damn.
    agree, this is why i'm not using it anymore. i waited for ever to get mms on wm devices.

if anyone will ever figure it out, it'll be hannip.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    agree, this is why i'm not using it anymore. i waited for ever to get mms on wm devices.

if anyone will ever figure it out, it'll be hannip.
    I'm guessing that we need to start calling Sprint tech support and emailing them. It sounds like something for a future firmware update for them is my guess.

I agree I waited forever to get true MMS on a Treo. But I've had some issues with not being able to turn off the threaded text messaging either.

13.    #113  
    Some activity going on at sprintusers. Let me now if you guys have any ideas.

Palm SMS/MMS - Any Sprint Techs Here? - SprintUsers.com
    Has anyone else tried this with SPB Mobile Shell or SPB Phone Suite? It does not seem to be compatible as the NOW screen will not display the message count. It also seems to loose the ability to launch this app from the Now screen. And also the notification from SPB Phone Suite doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone find it to work correctly with SPB?
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    Has anyone else tried this with SPB Mobile Shell or SPB Phone Suite? It does not seem to be compatible as the NOW screen will not display the message count. It also seems to loose the ability to launch this app from the Now screen. And also the notification from SPB Phone Suite doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone find it to work correctly with SPB?
    You might want to check the 800w forum for a possible solution for that. The Palm sms app stores unread counts in a different place. If you use Treo Alert it will adjust the count in both places.
    hannip, thanks for all your time and efforts. As you know I was introduced to this via the link you posted @ ppcgeeks. I have a Sprint Mogul and can confirm that I can send MMS from this application and I receive a link for MMS that is sent to me. So far the only issues I have is the lack of the notification icon in the top toolbar and the odd size of the icon on the Today screen (both items I told you about on the ppcgeeks site).

While I'd love to see these items fixed, I LOVE the fact that I can now send MMS AND SMS from the SAME application. I will follow the thread here and @ ppcgeeks.

Thanks again for making this happen.
    I have to join pcgeeks and see Hannip's threads there!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I can't down load the cab from Rapid share. Could someone host it some place else or send it to me.
    I need the one for Alltel
    Thanks
  19.    #119  
    I'm working with someone to host it elsewhere. I'll post when it's ready.
    I only have the GSM version if you need it, pm me: cvargas AT mail2web DOT com
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast