Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 305
  1. #81  
    I always wonder Hannip why Palm chose Arcsoft for their SMS/MMS vendor on the Treo Pro, if the Palm SMS is superb and 100% better then the one provided by Arcsoft.

    As matter0fact, the Palm SMS appl had threaded SMS features when WM5 was released (which had no support for threaded SMS), so only the Windows Treo 750, 700 lines had that special Palm sauce at that time, why Palm?
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I always wonder Hannip why Palm chose Arcsoft for their SMS/MMS vendor on the Treo Pro, if the Palm SMS is superb and 100% better then the one provided by Arcsoft.

    As matter0fact, the Palm SMS appl had threaded SMS features when WM5 was released (which had no support for threaded SMS), so only the Windows Treo 750, 700 lines had that special Palm sauce at that time, why Palm?
    My guess is that it wasn't Palm that chose Arcsoft, but it was Sprint. They have never supported true MMS on any of their Windows or Palm OS phones, claiming that it was "equipment" related. That is most likely one of the reasons they had the Sprint Picture Mail program developed. That is one of the main complaints that I've had with Sprint's PDA phones. I've used the 700w, 700wx, 800w, and 755p, and not being able to send pics to friends who can receive MMS was dissappointing. The Pro corrects that problem. The 800w and 755p had the ablilty to thread SMS messages, and you have the option to thread or not to thread. That is the one drawback to the Pro, IMHO, not being able to toggle the threaded SMS.


    Last edited by ivhs72; 03/29/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3. #83  
    Well thanks to you we're all enjoying Palm's special sauce once again, either on CDMA or GSM version of Treo Pros!
    Last edited by chestvrg; 03/29/2009 at 11:11 PM.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Well thanks to you we're all enjoying Palm's special sauce once again, it is a CDMA or GSM Treo Pro!
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #85  
    Yeah, thanks ivhs72 !
  6. #86  
    I meant we can enjoy the two versions that Hannip posted for Palm threaded SMS on either one of the two radion version releases of the Treo Pros, which are CDMA (Spront) and GSM Unlocked (at&t, t-mobile,)
  7.    #87  
    So I spent a considerable amount of time on the Sprint version to try and set it up for SMS on the Palm app and MMS on Arcsoft, but have yet to find a working solution. The closest I got was using an old Arcsoft cab from ppcgeeks where it set up a separate MMS folder, but it would fail decoding incoming MMS notifications.
    Also tried the Arcsoft 4.2.8.1 version which has split SMS and MMS, but couldn't get that working either.

    Not sure what else to try at this point. And I don't even use MMS. lol
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, thanks ivhs72 !
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Looks like you are one more confused than last time.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So I spent a considerable amount of time on the Sprint version to try and set it up for SMS on the Palm app and MMS on Arcsoft, but have yet to find a working solution. The closest I got was using an old Arcsoft cab from ppcgeeks where it set up a separate MMS folder, but it would fail decoding incoming MMS notifications.
    Also tried the Arcsoft 4.2.8.1 version which has split SMS and MMS, but couldn't get that working either.

    Not sure what else to try at this point. And I don't even use MMS. lol
    I'm not meaning to dis anyone on their attempts on improving the apps that the phone uses. I've only expressed what my past Sprint experiences were, and what I feel the limitations on the new phone are. I am extatic that the Pro does true MMS (for personal reasons that I don't feel I need to go into here). I am dissappointed that there is no way to toggle threaded SMS messaging off/on. That may or may not be corrected by Sprint in a future update. I'm willing to live with it, given the functionality of MMS. That's all.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. #91  
    I think what I hate most about treo pro text is the big blue "Me" - I'm going to give this a try b/c I really enjoyed the 800w text.

    Thx hannip!
    Last edited by kiesha; 03/30/2009 at 06:38 AM.
  12. #92  
    Thank you Hannip for the cab! I soooo love using the Palm version of threaded. no more pesky "unread" sms and I got the emoticons back, yay. Those come in handy as words don't always express the intended emotion behind them.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
  13. #93  
    Just loaded the CDMA (Sprint) App Beta 1 on my Alltel Treo Pro. MMS works perfect. Downloads no problem!
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by crossroadstech View Post
    Just loaded the CDMA (Sprint) App Beta 1 on my Alltel Treo Pro. MMS works perfect. Downloads no problem!

    I take that back. Sending MMS wasn't working, but all you have to do to make it work on Alltel is go to Menu: Options: Advanced, Click on Edit, Change the MMS URL from Sprint to http : / / mms-mt.alltel.net / servlets / mms
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by crossroadstech View Post
    Just loaded the CDMA (Sprint) App Beta 1 on my Alltel Treo Pro. MMS works perfect. Downloads no problem!
    Sure, rub it in why doncha!

    It figures it works perfectly for everyone but Sprint. Why are they hating me so. :-/
  16. #96  
    I can confirm that on my GSM Treo Pro with at&t my Palm SMS works just fine. I can send SMS/MMS w/o any issues. Thank you Hannip, why didn't you included on the Pro Palm?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So I spent a considerable amount of time on the Sprint version to try and set it up for SMS on the Palm app and MMS on Arcsoft, but have yet to find a working solution. The closest I got was using an old Arcsoft cab from ppcgeeks where it set up a separate MMS folder, but it would fail decoding incoming MMS notifications.
    Also tried the Arcsoft 4.2.8.1 version which has split SMS and MMS, but couldn't get that working either.

    Not sure what else to try at this point. And I don't even use MMS. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by crossroadstech View Post
    Just loaded the CDMA (Sprint) App Beta 1 on my Alltel Treo Pro. MMS works perfect. Downloads no problem!
    hannip, if alltel is getting the same arcsoft version to work with the same cdma beta 1, are you sure its in the arcsoft app? doesn't make since. could it be a bad mms url? thats the only thing different between alltel and sprint with the beta 1 and treo pro.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  18. #98  
    Why was it easier to get it working on the GSM version? is a GSM Rom less complicated than a CDMA hannip?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hannip, if alltel is getting the same arcsoft version to work with the same cdma beta 1, are you sure its in the arcsoft app? doesn't make since. could it be a bad mms url? thats the only thing different between alltel and sprint with the beta 1 and treo pro.
    Was using the same url that's configured for the Arcsoft in rom. If you know of a different one I'll surely try it.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Why was it easier to get it working on the GSM version? is a GSM Rom less complicated than a CDMA hannip?
    I think it's something Sprint is doing, since it's working fine on Alltel. Aren't there any Sprint tech guys that read this forum? Sure could use a pointer here.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions