Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    hmm, sorry guys. If anyone with a GSM TP figures it out let me know and I'll mod the cab.

If someone that has a GSM Treo Pro on AT&T can give me a full reg dump of their device I'll look into it further. I'll need the reg dump without the Palm SMS installed. Send it to hannip AT aol DOT com.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/27/2009 at 04:49 PM.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hannip, i still have nightravens kitchen loaded and can get you what ever out of the sys, and oem folders. somehow he got palm messaging to over write wm 6.1 threaded sms and keep mms. i know because i was using it two weeks ago.
    Cody, if possible can you get me a reg dump from a device that has nightravens rom installed? I tried splitting sms and mms between Palm SMS and WM MMS, but it's still trying to open MMS in the Palm app.

Thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, sorry guys. If anyone with a GSM TP figures it out let me know and I'll mod the cab.

If someone that has a GSM Treo Pro on AT&T can give me a full reg dump of their device I'll look into it further. I'll need the reg dump without the Palm SMS installed. Send it to hannip AT aol DOT com.
    I can get you a reg export of my GSM Treo Pro using Resco Registry, is that ok?
    Please check you email Hannip I send u a full reg backup file of my GSM Treo Pro using Resco Registry, hopw this helps.
    Sure, just use a reg editor and go to key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112

Change the name from "Contacts" to "SMS"
    Change the Open value to "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Palm Messaging.lnk"

Then soft reset for it to take effect.
    Hannip, you are an absolute WM genius. This has made my Today.

Now, OT, but, if you could somehow get the right "softkey" to function like the 800w did.........
    Hannip, did you get my reg backup using Resco Registry? Please let me know ok.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Hannip, did you get my reg backup using Resco Registry? Please let me know ok.
    Yes I got it and I found a problem. I posted a new GSM beta2 in post #1. Give it a try and let me know if it works.
    Yes I got it and I found a problem. I posted a new GSM beta2 in post #1. Give it a try and let me know if it works.
    So do you believe the beta2 will make it work? I will download it right now Hannip and I will let u know ok, thank you.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    What I have notice Hannip is that when I first installed the beta1 on a clean ROM it would work fine, but the moment I did a soft-reset it would start giving that error sending problem.

The beta2 is working sending SMS for now, but I have not reboot my GSM TP yet. After I reboot it I will let you know if It still persists with that sending error ok.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Now, OT, but, if you could somehow get the right "softkey" to function like the 800w did.........
    I just gave codyppc the 800w rom dump. Maybe he'll take on that project. I need a break after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Thanks hannip and Malachi.
    Others may also be interested in this, so I
    added your original question and answer here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=41
    Just call me Berd.
    Oh I can confirm that the GSM beta2 can deliver MMS on at&t ok Hannip.
  13.    #73  
    Oh I can confirm that the GSM beta2 can deliver MMS on at&t ok Hannip.
    How about recieving? Have you reboot yet?
    I will ask a friend to send me an MMS, I will reboot now, here it goes!!!!
    I reboot my GSM TP and I can confirm that the Palm SMS is working well after the reboot and also I was able to receive an MMS picture w/o hitch, I will keep testing it Hannip, but I believe you have found what the problem was! Kudos for you.
  16.    #76  
    I reboot my GSM TP and I can confirm that the Palm SMS is working well after the reboot and also I was able to receive an MMS picture w/o hitch, I will keep testing it Hannip, but I believe you have found what the problem was! Kudos for you.
    Good news for sure.
    The link for the sprint version says file has been removed. Is there an alternate download link available?
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur414 View Post
    The link for the sprint version says file has been removed. Is there an alternate download link available?
    Should be back now.
    Everything working fine here Hannic on my GSM TP with SMS/MMS (both working) after multiple times rebooting on purpose and I also switched the 'left-soft' key from contacts to SMS per your instructions on the 112 reg key settings. Thank you.
  20.    #80  
    You're welcome.

So back to the Sprint version. It looks like Sprint compresses media and it needs to be uncompressed using a key. The key is defined in the Arcsoft config. I'm not sure that Palm Messaging can handle that. Still looking.

Also the version of Arcsoft that's in the rom combines SMS and MMS in the same folder so spliting them is going to be a challenge that I haven't seen anyone solve other than recooking the rom with a different Arcsoft version. :-\
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast