Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    My weird find was that my GSM TP began doing randome resets after I installed Palm's/Hannic threaded SMS cab. I don't know if the cause was the sms program or something else, thing is I did a full hard-reset and my GSM TP stopped soing the constant reset, but I'm not able to send or receive SMS now, it gives me an error (the same one posted above with the picture attached.)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You might want to change these two registry fields for GSM.

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General
    IsGSM (change 0 to 1)
    IsVerizon (change 1 to 0)
    Will this make it work?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    I did notice one weird thing... It could have just been a fluke, but when I had this installed Treo Alerts Lite 6.2 after I installed this, I stopped getting messages. As soon as I uninstalled Treo Alerts, they are came in.
    No idea on that. You do know that there is a TA 9.0 designed for the Pro right?
    Where can we download that one TA 90?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Where can we download that one TA 90?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-treo-pro.html
    Thanks.. you are the best. I will check it out later.
    This is a bit off topic... but speaking of alerts. I use TodaysAgenda just for the fact that it shows birthday's on my Calender on the Today Page. Is there any way to get the Outlook Calender to do this as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Will this make it work?
    I'll bite.

Because the uninstall works so well I will test GSM after the Reg Edit and post results.

-D
    hannip help me, my GSM msm stopped working and it's still getting that error. I have at&t and I have the correct settings to the best of my knowledge.
  10.    #50  
    lol. I forgot I have a Cingular Treo 750 collecting dust in storage. I'll revive it and grab the Palm SMS settings. I'll create a separate GSM cab for you guys to try.
    Please Hannip, please we'll pay you, please start working on a GSM cab, thank you.
    You might want to change these two registry fields for GSM.

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General
    IsGSM (change 0 to 1)
    IsVerizon (change 1 to 0)
    Still no luck on the GSM SMS messages

Even after changing the registry is still gives the same error message on sending. I think it is not even getting out of the phone. The error message is coming up too fast for it to be a returned message from the network. So I believe it must be a setting somewhere but I have no idea where

-D
    Yes it must be another registry tweak that can stop this bug on the GSM version.
  14.    #54  
    Ok, I added a link for the GSM Treo Pro in post #1. I hope it works for you. Let me know.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/27/2009 at 03:41 PM.
    You are the best Hannip, pm me your paypal id! you rock, I'll download it now I will let you know if it works with my GSM TP ok.
  16.    #56  
    I added some uninstall instructions that cleanly uninstall the app also.

BTW, when you try the GSM version, if it doesn't work try doing the automatic network settings by selecting the Automatic radio button in the Network Configuration.
    Hannip, on the 800w the left softkey was assigned to the SMS. I know that we have no softkey on the STP, but, on the STP, instead of SMS, it has Contacts there. Is there a reg edit to replace this with SMS?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hannip, on the 800w the left softkey was assigned to the SMS. I know that we have no softkey on the STP, but, on the STP, instead of SMS, it has Contacts there. Is there a reg edit to replace this with SMS?
    Sure, just use a reg editor and go to key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112

Change the name from "Contacts" to "SMS"
    Change the Open value to "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Palm Messaging.lnk"

Then soft reset for it to take effect.
    I added some uninstall instructions that cleanly uninstall the app also.

BTW, when you try the GSM version, if it doesn't work try doing the automatic network settings by selecting the Automatic radio button in the Network Configuration.
    Still getting the same error message when trying to send the message.

It's still giving me that same error Hannip, I'll do a soft reset and see if it works, thank you. (GSM Treo Pro)
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast