Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Gee thanks.

So you said you can send and receive MMS ok? When you receive an MMS do you get the error downloading the media that Cody and I are seeing? Did the 800w have this issue?

For the screensaver may I suggest that you use Treo Alert (plug). The Palm SMS app stores the unread count in a different place in the registry and Treo Alert will make sure both get set so the screensaver will show you have texts pending. Plus Treo Alert is good at nagging you when you have alerts waiting for you to look at.
    i think he just meant send and recieve sms and send mms. no way is it recieving mms yet.

i pulled files from the 700wx wm6.1 rom from nightravens kitchen, ebags mms deal for the 800w was really just reg edits, mals sprint enabled mms for windows mobile has a cab but wouldn't support the palm 850. still nothing.

hannip, i still have nightravens kitchen loaded and can get you what ever out of the sys, and oem folders. somehow he got palm messaging to over write wm 6.1 threaded sms and keep mms. i know because i was using it two weeks ago.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by freshsmile View Post
    Actually hannip, you are right the receiving mms does not work. I get the error code "invalid destination address or Invalid msg info - error - message format - corrupt. So it will receive SMS, not MMS on my STP. Dave
    Thanks. Hopefully we can figure this out. Could be an issue with Sprint. I don't think I've ever seen MMS (receive) work with the Palm SMS app. This is farther than we've ever gotten. I wonder if it worked on the vzw 700wx. hmm, I'll take a look at the registry for that device to see if I can find any clues.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hannip, i still have nightravens kitchen loaded and can get you what ever out of the sys, and oem folders. somehow he got palm messaging to over write wm 6.1 threaded sms and keep mms. i know because i was using it two weeks ago.
    Yeah as a last resort we can reenable MMS in the WM app. It would be really cool to get it working in the Palm app tho.
    why in the world did palm remove the "palm" out of the treo pro? no speical sauce is sucking. with mms support from sprint now, this could have been the Full Palm threaded sms for sprint that we've been waiting for.

anyhow, keep your head up hannip, it's not over yet.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Yeah, saw the same thing. Never tried mms on my 800w so dunno if downloading worked there or not. Guess we should dig through Ebag's mms thread for clues.
    I don't think MMS ever really worked for the 800w. You had to download the Sprint Picture Mail service. One the reasons I was so happy to see the Pro supports true MMS.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Thanks. Hopefully we can figure this out. Could be an issue with Sprint. I don't think I've ever seen MMS (receive) work with the Palm SMS app. This is farther than we've ever gotten. I wonder if it worked on the vzw 700wx. hmm, I'll take a look at the registry for that device to see if I can find any clues.
    I think that the Verizon 700wx supports both SMS and MMS on their version of the phone. If you look at the specs for the two models on the Sprint site, you'll see that messaging is one of the differences between the Vzw and Sprint versions. I know that Sprint only has the SMS capability on theirs, and no MMS at all. I remember complaining about that to them, was told that it was an equipment limitation and nothing they (Sprint) was doing. I told them that the Verizon 700wx could do it, at which point they quit answering my emails. The 800w and 755p both needed the Sprint Picture Mail app to even send pics via texts. But the person getting the message needed to have internet access on their phone to see it. I have both a Sprint and Nextel phone on my account. The Nextel is a Mortorola i880 and can send and receive both SMS and MMS. It has been able to receive the MMS messages from my Treo Pro as MMS messages with no problems.

Thanks for undertaking this project. Not being able to unthread the SMS messages is the only fault I find with the Treo Pro so far.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I don't think MMS ever really worked for the 800w. You had to download the Sprint Picture Mail service. One the reasons I was so happy to see the Pro supports true MMS.

Actually it works just fine with Ebags Reg Edit
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I tried to install Ebag's reg edit for the 800w over this app and no it didn't help in receiving mms on the STP(was hoping since the 2 devices are similar that the settings would work). I like the smilies with the palm app and the purge function (to keep the last 2 wks messages when deleting for example).
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by freshsmile View Post
    I tried to install Ebag's reg edit for the 800w over this app and no it didn't help in receiving mms on the STP(was hoping since the 2 devices are similar that the settings would work). I like the smilies with the palm app and the purge function (to keep the last 2 wks messages when deleting for example).
    Ebags regedit is already applied, no need to re-add it. That change only enabled MMS send, but on the 800w it was never able to recieve MMS. Instead it would get an SMS with a link to view the media.

On the Pro we are so close to it fully working. It can receive MMS, but fails in the download step which I'm still looking into.
    Here is a screen capture after importing my old incoming messages

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CrozB; 03/26/2009 at 06:35 PM.
    I cannot get just standard text messaging to work with this on my Treo Pro on AT&T. Every time I try to send a message I get an error message saying it was undeliverable. When a message is sent to me I never know it so it is definitely not working on my GSM phone!

If anyone has it working with their GSM I would love to hear what they did to make it work.

-
    BTW I called AT&T and confirmed these settings.
    -

Thanks

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually it works just fine with Ebags Reg Edit
    I meant out of the box.

I guess you've missed all of the complaints about the WM threaded SMS. I personally can't stand it.

I'll post some screenshots later unless someone else beats me to it.
    I didn't realize the WM SMS app was held in such low opinion. Probably a case of not knowing what I am missing.
    Can someone get this thread a Sticky? This is gonna be around for a LONG LONG time I'm sure.
    Someone was asking what we like in this app. These 2 screenshots are some things I like. The 1st one shows the options to purge older messages, so it keeps the system snappy. The second one just hows an example of the smileys in action and how it shows the time and date on each text, even the ones over a day old. I just like the look and feel of it, better than the wm version. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I cannot get just standard text messaging to work with this on my Treo Pro on AT&T. Every time I try to send a message I get an error message saying it was undeliverable. When a message is sent to me I never know it so it is definitely not working on my GSM phone!

If anyone has it working with their GSM I would love to hear what they did to make it work.

-
    -

Thanks

-D
    I get the same error.
    i'm curious if any of you else have noticed something weird with battery drain after installing this. I know it sounds ridiculous, but the only change i've made to my device, was installing this yesterday, and specifying that the HTC task manager not close 'messaging' with the 'x' button (leaving it open all the time for shorter loading time since i txt a lot.) Well, my battery seems to be draining much quicker now (went from 50% to 37% in an hour last night). I'm going to restore to yesterday morning's backup (pre-palm threaded install) and observe the drain. *shrug*
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  18.    #38  
    I haven't noticed any battery issues. Been using this app for several years on different devices. The only thing that it does when you aren't using it is retry failed sends. Check you outbox to see if anything is there.
    I did notice one weird thing... It could have just been a fluke, but when I had this installed Treo Alerts Lite 6.2 after I installed this, I stopped getting messages. As soon as I uninstalled Treo Alerts, they are came in.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post

-
    -

Thanks

-D
    You might want to change these two registry fields for GSM.

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General
    IsGSM (change 0 to 1)
    IsVerizon (change 1 to 0)
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast