Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Could this be an alternative solution...the full version of Sprite Backup 6?

* Brand New User Interface- Brings you closer to key functions and improves workflows.
    * Improved Sprite Explorer - Browse your Backup file and extract data – export Contacts as vCards to restore to any device or save them in Outlook or to another mobile phone operating system.
    * Powerful Backup PC Manager - Control your backup operations/options from your PC.
    * Redeveloped Upgrade Mode - We now guarantee to move your Contacts, Tasks and Appointments, SMS and Email, My Documents and Internet Favourites across to a new Windows Mobile device.
    * New 1-step Backup - Trigger a manual backup instantly with this feature!
    * Performance Improvements - General speed, stability and performance fixes and revisions
    * Trusted by 10m device owners – The most popular Windows Mobile Backup solution!
    * Backs up Everything - Sprite Backup can secure all your important device data – contacts, sms, documents, today screens, ringtones, high scores, settings, applications and their activation codes and more!
    * Self-Extracting Backups - Just open the Backup file to restore, no need to install any additional software.
    * Schedule your backups - Once, Daily, Weekly - pick a timeframe and Backup does the rest.
    * Available in 22 Languages - English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and many more.
    * Supports them all - All Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1 devices are supported.
    Sprite Backup 6 - WMExperts Software
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I think the upgrade is cheaper with the pre-installed version of the lite versions on 800w and Pro?
    Sprite Mobile - Windows Mobile Backup - Contacts, Call Logs, Applications, Device Settings, Scheduling and more

See also this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...installer.html
    Bump!
    Anyone?
    Just discovered this thread and app. I'm willing to give it a shot:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-800w-pro.html

PIM Backup application (v2.8)
    Dotfred's Space
    any update on this and mms?
    I am having issues with this program while using winmo 6.5

When I hit send, the program just closes and will not send a message. Normally I have to type the message and hit send 2 or 3 times before it takes.

Any ideas?
    I also can't get this to uninstall..it say's it cannot be removed...any suggestions?
    mine sort of seems to work. I can send but all my old text messages keep coming in. I have like 3500 stored, each time i get a new SMS. I get 9 more from when text messages started. Is there any solution to this?

I am thinking I should uninstall, purge old txt messages, then reinstall. I also use Microsoft MyPhone so I am not quite sure what will happen?

I like the threaded SMS conversation view and also the more detailed time stamps. I am thinking about doing hard reset and upgrading to 6.5.x ROM soon anyway. Any suggestions?

--Thanks!
    I could not get this program to work correctly with 6.5
    I was hoping someone can help me out here. I am running wM 6.5 1.54 ROM + Palm 800W Threaded SMS + Treo Alerts 9.0b10 on my Treo Pro.

Doesn't look like text message count shows on the today screen. Treo Alerts seems to register when I receive a text message (i.e. SMS=1) but recurring alerts don't appear to be working. I just get the initial notification... Any ideas? This is kind of a show stopper for me so I think I will have to uninstall and revert to the stock messaging for now.

Another thing I noticed in addition to the problem i mentioned in a previous post is that I had to archive my existing txts on my MyPhone account, and purge them locally before installing this app. And afterwords new text messages will not sync to my MyPhone account.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    I am having issues with this program while using winmo 6.5

When I hit send, the program just closes and will not send a message. Normally I have to type the message and hit send 2 or 3 times before it takes.

Any ideas?
    I second this. Have had to switch to the stock SMS because of it, and I am not happy with the stock SMS. Slow, no emoticons, locks up, etc..

Please, can someone figure this out? Seems Hannip has gone AWOL.
    I haven't upgraded to 6.5 and don't plan to. I'm one of those that believes that the latest is not always the greatest.

BUT, regardless...

I too love this 800w threaded messaging. I'm on Sprint, and like others have said, I am unable to receive picture mail. I can SEND fine. But I get download errors.

After frustratedly researching for I've lost track of how many hours now, I've seen that Sprint has actually released a picture mail program for windows mobile phones. There's a standard one, and one specifically for the 800w. Since this is 800w threaded messaging we're using, I tried that first. It didn't work. Then I tried the standard one. It didn't work either. The links for these programs are here: Sprint Picture Mail for Windows Mobile Released | SolSie.com Perhaps somebody can come up with a work around.

In the meantime, I located a program that works for downloading sprint picture mail. PM me if you want the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I second this. Have had to switch to the stock SMS because of it, and I am not happy with the stock SMS. Slow, no emoticons, locks up, etc..

Please, can someone figure this out? Seems Hannip has gone AWOL.
    bump PLEASE
    Awesome CAB. Love the threaded texts.

Question - is it just me or is the text tiny within the threads? I can barely make out the words and I have great vision. The font size is fine in the inbox, but when I enter into a thread the text is so small it's barely readable. I tried to change a setting but couldn't find a font setting unless I overlooked it.

I'm using a Treo Pro on Sprint. Apologies if this has been addressed already, too many pages to read through. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

And to make it an even nicer experience you can go to Options in the Palm SMS app and uncheck the checkbox for "Automatically collect MMS Messages". That way you'll still get a notice that you received an MMS, but you won't get the download errors. Just don't try to download the MMS and use sMMS instead.
    where can I get sMMS at?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrenz View Post
    where can I get sMMS at?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smms

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    Let me google that for you

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    LOL! Well said...
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Dude! (and yes, I just dude'ed) I've never seen that auto-Google feature before. That is really cool. That was my fun thing of the day. Now off to FaceBook to impress people even less savvy than me. :-)

K--
    Love the palm messaging, but it sucks about the picture deal.

Any further progress on this issue? I simply cannot stand the WM built in app. Its slow, its trash to have to go through steps to send a pic, the damn missed message stays lit even after the message has been opened...

simply horrible.

PLUS, i hate to have to cycle through my email..
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    Love the palm messaging, but it sucks about the picture deal.

Any further progress on this issue? I simply cannot stand the WM built in app. Its slow, its trash to have to go through steps to send a pic, the damn missed message stays lit even after the message has been opened...

simply horrible.

PLUS, i hate to have to cycle through my email..
    absolutely agreed on all items stated. i donated to the sMMS fund to view incoming MMS's, but wish I hadn't. that program is the slowest, clunkiest thing i've ever used! i hate solutions that are the lesser of 2 evils, hehe....
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTRIPOD View Post
    bump PLEASE
    I had this problem, but a closeout of the program and soft-reset helped.