Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    You could sync your texts to Microsoft MyPhone, and then sync them to your Pro when you get it.
    Interesting. "Could" being the operative word, here.

I've been Using Microsoft MyPhone for awhile now and the option to view my 800w text messages (at least via a laptop/desktop) isn't there. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. When you have a moment, please point me to a URL on Microsoft MyPhone.com that explains how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Interesting. "Could" being the operative word, here.

I've been Using Microsoft MyPhone for awhile now and the option to view my 800w text messages (at least via a laptop/desktop) isn't there. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. When you have a moment, please point me to a URL on Microsoft MyPhone.com that explains how to do this.
    I just logged into my account, and on my Home page, in the list under Phone is Text Messages, along with the usual stuff (calendar, contacts, photos, etc.). You do have that option checked on your phone, right?
    I just logged into my account, and on my Home page, in the list under Phone is Text Messages, along with the usual stuff (calendar, contacts, photos, etc.). You do have that option checked on your phone, right?
    The option has always been checked on my cell phone. On the Web via laptop, though, only my contacts, calendar, photos and docs show up (have no music or videos.) Odd.

Edit: I just entered my phone number in my account (spaces in between area code and first three digits). Maybe that's it!

Update: Just tried synching...both with spaces between my numbers--and withou--on MS MyPhone. Still no text messages. Any ideas on what's causing this?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 09/23/2009 at 11:52 AM.
    The option has always been checked on my cell phone. On the Web via laptop, though, only my contacts, calendar, photos and docs show up (have no music or videos.) Odd.

Edit: I just entered my phone number in my account (spaces in between area code and first three digits). Maybe that's it!

Update: Just tried synching...both with spaces between my numbers--and withou--on MS MyPhone. Still no text messages. Any ideas on what's causing this?
    Bump!
    Bump!
    Treo SMS messages on a custom store? What gives?

My text mesages don't seem to be synching to MyPhone....(Treo800w, Sprint)
    From the horses mouth, more or less, on Treo WM phones:

A "custom store" in this case refers to a non-standard mechanism for holding user data. Windows Mobile provides a database, if you will, that will hold txt messages on your device. What Marco is stating is that on some Treo devices, Palm implemented their own data store (or database) and this is something that, unfortunately, My Phone does not work with.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...equired&ppud=4
    Is there anyway around this? How many have tried using text messages with MyPhone with a WM Palm?
    You could sync your texts to Microsoft MyPhone, and then sync them to your Pro when you get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Awesome app - Got a question for Hannip - or anyone else regarding:

I'm not a programmer, so I really don't have a clue about the inner workings/barriers, but I've tested out a program by Vito called SMS-Chat. It has mostly been a pain to use-- up until recently, it would run landscape on my STP (which is.. awesome.. on a square screen). Despite its other bugs and the fact that I would never use it as a replacement, it does display all of my past SMS messages. I'm not sure how this works, but how is it different from the way that this 800w threaded sms app does it?
    + So...What's the latest on this Vito/SMS-chat app?
    + Are there other cloud based syncing services besides MS Myphone?
    When I set up my push gmail, there was an option for texts, but I haven't tried it. MyPhone syncs my texts with no problems.
    When I set up my push gmail, there was an option for texts, but I haven't tried it. MyPhone syncs my texts with no problems.
    PM sent.
    It looks like other people may have problems with SMS sync with MS MyPhone. I still can't get mine to sync.

Can I do it the old fashioned way via Sprite SMS back up from my micro SD card from a 800w to a Treo Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can copy the \Windows\PalmMsgV001 file from an 800w to the Treo Pro to copy all of your texts.

You should be able to download it from the phone. The latest links are in the 1st post of this thread.
    Not sure how you you do this exactly...can I do a reverse of this on my 800w (i.e. MS Myphone) until I get my Pro?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 10/13/2009 at 10:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    From the horses mouth, more or less, on Treo WM phones:

Is there anyway around this? How many have tried using text messages with MyPhone with a WM Palm?
    Man, I can't wait till someone comes up with a solution that brings together the SMSing on our WM Phones, Google Voice SMS and MyPhone-- I don't really care about MyPhone... They just caught my eye because of the claim to be able to back up SMS messages... leading me to believe there's a way to sync SMS messages between the ones I send from my Google Voice account and the SMS msgs on my phone.

ok. .. happy thoughts.
    Duh moment...I just realized The Pro has that that native SMS app from Microsoft on it, not Palm's. Is there a way to get that patch on to a 800w so I can sync to MS MyPhone?

A "custom store" in this case refers to a non-standard mechanism for holding user data. Windows Mobile provides a database, if you will, that will hold txt messages on your device. What Marco is stating is that on some Treo devices, Palm implemented their own data store (or database) and this is something that, unfortunately, My Phone does not work with.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...equired&ppud=4
    So here's the question: For those of you who have the Pro and have the 800w SMS threaded patch installed, can you still sync text messages to MS Myphone?

Again, can it work vice versa with a 800w if I install the Treo Pro version of SMS?
    Last edited by KevMeister; 10/13/2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Man, I can't wait till someone comes up with a solution that brings together the SMSing on our WM Phones, Google Voice SMS and MyPhone-- I don't really care about MyPhone... They just caught my eye because of the claim to be able to back up SMS messages... leading me to believe there's a way to sync SMS messages between the ones I send from my Google Voice account and the SMS msgs on my phone...
    Do you have an 800w or a Pro?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So here's the question: For those of you who have the Pro and have the 800w SMS threaded patch installed, can you still sync text messages to MS Myphone?
    I have the Pro using the 800w SMS app/patch and MyPhone does NOT sync my SMS messages. Sure wish it did though.
    It sounds like MyPhone doesn't sync texts when using the 800w SMS app. Try using Poutlook SMS and see if you can sync with that.
    It sounds like MyPhone doesn't sync texts when using the 800w SMS app. Try using Poutlook SMS and see if you can sync with that.
    Thanks. 12 pages of post reading, oy!
    * Brand New User Interface- Brings you closer to key functions and improves workflows.
    * Improved Sprite Explorer - Browse your Backup file and extract data – export Contacts as vCards to restore to any device or save them in Outlook or to another mobile phone operating system.
    * Powerful Backup PC Manager - Control your backup operations/options from your PC.
    * Redeveloped Upgrade Mode - We now guarantee to move your Contacts, Tasks and Appointments, SMS and Email, My Documents and Internet Favourites across to a new Windows Mobile device.
    * New 1-step Backup - Trigger a manual backup instantly with this feature!
    * Performance Improvements - General speed, stability and performance fixes and revisions
    * Trusted by 10m device owners – The most popular Windows Mobile Backup solution!
    * Backs up Everything - Sprite Backup can secure all your important device data – contacts, sms, documents, today screens, ringtones, high scores, settings, applications and their activation codes and more!
    * Self-Extracting Backups - Just open the Backup file to restore, no need to install any additional software.
    * Schedule your backups - Once, Daily, Weekly - pick a timeframe and Backup does the rest.
    * Available in 22 Languages - English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and many more.
    * Supports them all - All Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0 and 6.1 devices are supported.
    Sprite Backup 6 - WMExperts Software
    I think the upgrade is cheaper with the pre-installed version of the lite versions on 800w and Pro?
    Sprite Mobile - Windows Mobile Backup - Contacts, Call Logs, Applications, Device Settings, Scheduling and more

See also this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...installer.html
    I want to somehow PRINT a long threaded message from my STP that has the 800W messaging installed.. Is there any way to do this??
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Do you have an 800w or a Pro?
    I've got the (Sprint) Treo Pro