Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 305
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniosp View Post
    so is there a fix/workaround that will allow to read incoming mms?
    I assume you have a Sprint Treo Pro otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.

    The workaround is to use sMMS to read the MMS and in the Palm SMS app you would uncheck the option to "Automatically collect MMS Messages".
  2. #242  
    Hannip: When your instructions say "Soft reset (use a program to do this to be safe)" What do you mean by "use a program"?
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblitzrx View Post
    Hannip: When your instructions say "Soft reset (use a program to do this to be safe)" What do you mean by "use a program"?
    he's talking about using a program like this:

    link
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  4. #244  
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I didn't see it. I love this program, and can live with the workaround for receiving MMS, however I noticed that if I take a picture with my Treo Pro, then select send via MMS, it locks up my phone and I have to soft reset. I can send a picture find straight from the application itself, but my usual procedure is to take a picture, then immediately send or upload to Facebook for example. Is there a way to configure it so it will work properly?

    Okay I did find a workaround that isn't terribly annoying. Rather than selecting Send via MMS, I can select Send via Email, then when the picker shows up I can select MMS. Works fine like that.
    Last edited by SandersJC1964; 08/02/2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Found a workaround solution.
  5. #245  
    Hi, its my first post on this forum but, I have the same problem where I had it working then it stopped being able to send an mms after a soft reset. I'm on a Samsung Epix. Is there any other registry settings I can change to allow it to send?

    Here's my post on xda with the full explanation: /showpost.php?p=4252633&postcount=135 I cant show links so just go to the forum and paste the rest in.

    I fixed it. See the post for details.
    Last edited by ~~Tito~~; 08/02/2009 at 02:01 PM.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    he's talking about using a program like this:

    link
    does that program still work on WM 6.1?
  7. #247  
    Great app! Thanks. Just two questions...

    1) I use SMS to communicate at work, so I have an absolute need to be able to back up, retrieve, and convert (say, to .XLS format on a PC) all of my SMS messages. It seems that the Palm SMS app stores messages in a different location, so tools such as SMS Organizer (which uses the regular SMS store) is not compatible with the Palm SMS. I can view the actual text messages with Resco if I browse to the appropriate directory where they're located, but is there a way to make the Palm SMS compatible with any of the popular SMS backup utilities?

    2) This is minor. I sent a test SMS to myself, and noticed that the format of the timestamp was listed as "3/8", not "8/3" (August 3). My regional settings are set to indicate the date as 8/3, not 3/8, so why is the day and month reversed? Where could I check to switch back the date format to the North American style?

    Thanks!
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post

    The workaround is to use sMMS to read the MMS and in the Palm SMS app you would uncheck the option to "Automatically collect MMS Messages".
    Hannip, sorry to be dumb about this... are you saying if I simply uncheck the option to "Automatically collect MMS Messages" I can begin viewing the MMS? What will that experience be? Will the MMS message ask me what program to use to view it? Is there anything I need to do to the Palm SMS app?
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    Hannip, sorry to be dumb about this... are you saying if I simply uncheck the option to "Automatically collect MMS Messages" I can begin viewing the MMS? What will that experience be? Will the MMS message ask me what program to use to view it? Is there anything I need to do to the Palm SMS app?
    You also need to download and install sMMS Picture Mail Composer to intercept incoming MMS. You can get the download link HERE.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Great app! Thanks. Just two questions...

    1) I use SMS to communicate at work, so I have an absolute need to be able to back up, retrieve, and convert (say, to .XLS format on a PC) all of my SMS messages. It seems that the Palm SMS app stores messages in a different location, so tools such as SMS Organizer (which uses the regular SMS store) is not compatible with the Palm SMS. I can view the actual text messages with Resco if I browse to the appropriate directory where they're located, but is there a way to make the Palm SMS compatible with any of the popular SMS backup utilities?
    Palm SMS uses a proprietary format and last I checked they never offered a way to extract the messages from the PalmMsgV001 db. You can copy the db to back it up, but you'd still need to use the Palm SMS app to read it again.

    2) This is minor. I sent a test SMS to myself, and noticed that the format of the timestamp was listed as "3/8", not "8/3" (August 3). My regional settings are set to indicate the date as 8/3, not 3/8, so why is the day and month reversed? Where could I check to switch back the date format to the North American style?

    Thanks!
    hmm, it shows "8/3" for me so it must be a system setting someplace. I would think it uses the regional settings, but you said it's correct there so dunno. Maybe someone else knows here and will respond.
  11. lodown3's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #251  
    this program looks great....how do I kno I'm getting the latest version?
    I'm going to try this one out for now...(the one in the first page)

    SMS by WM, is pretty annoying, ESPECIALLY no time/date stamps days after AND having to highlight the actual SMS to clear it.
  12. #252  
    I use iris and Sky Fire for my browsers, never IE.

    I have Iris set as my default browser.

    The problem I have is that any link I click in the sms program uses IE to open it.

    Any idea why?
  13. #253  
    Too bad this doesnt work with sprint..booo

    I tried contacting sprint and asking them what was the message center number and mms gateway...but they said, I needed to speak to the application designer etc...
    Current Device: Treo Pro

    Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    7/29/09: You can copy the \Windows\PalmMsgV001 file from an 800w to the Treo Pro to copy all of your texts.

    You should be able to download it from the phone. The latest links are in the 1st post of this thread.
    Groovy. OK, Similarly Is it possible to do the following?

    Via my Treo 800w, Download the SMS app--without installing it--to my MicroSD card; then, when I'm ready to upgrade to a Treo Pro, just insert my SDcard to the Pro and install the app fresh that way?

    Has anyone else who switched from 800w to Pro done this? More importantly, is it possible to transfer the previous SMSes from the 800w to the Pro? (I'm a sucker for nostalgia and archiving.) I imagine one would have to synch contacts from the 800w to the Pro first...
  15. decalex's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #255  
    Awesome app - Got a question for Hannip - or anyone else regarding:
    Note that you will not be able to access or transfer your outlook sms messages into Palm SMS. Well maybe you can transfer 10 at a time each time Palm SMS starts., but there is no other way to do it
    I'm not a programmer, so I really don't have a clue about the inner workings/barriers, but I've tested out a program by Vito called SMS-Chat. It has mostly been a pain to use-- up until recently, it would run landscape on my STP (which is.. awesome.. on a square screen). Despite its other bugs and the fact that I would never use it as a replacement, it does display all of my past SMS messages. I'm not sure how this works, but how is it different from the way that this 800w threaded sms app does it?
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    ...Is it possible to do the following?

    Via my Treo 800w, Download the SMS app--without installing it--to my MicroSD card; then, when I'm ready to upgrade to a Treo Pro, just insert my SDcard to the Pro and install the app fresh that way?

    Has anyone else who switched from 800w to Pro done this? More importantly, is it possible to transfer the previous SMSes from the 800w to the Pro? (I'm a sucker for nostalgia and archiving.) I imagine one would have to synch contacts from the 800w to the Pro first...
    Bump!
  17. #257  
    Has anybody tried this with the WM 6.50 or 6.51 ROM?
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Has anybody tried this with the WM 6.50 or 6.51 ROM?
    I have just installed the 6.5 rom and the palm threaded sms, and all appears to be working fine!
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    I have just installed the 6.5 rom and the palm threaded sms, and all appears to be working fine!
    doubleu, is it possible to transfer SMS messages from 800w to Pro? I'm getting a Pro in a few days/weeks and am taking everything step by step...
  20. #260  
    You could sync your texts to Microsoft MyPhone, and then sync them to your Pro when you get it.

Posting Permissions