Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    lazybummm you can always bckp either wm6.1 messaging or Palm messaging using Sprite for exampla as far as I know.
    Anyone else have the problem of some messages getting sent twice?
    Today for example my wife sent me at text at 11:45AM (she has a treo pro with the "Palm 800w Threaded SMS beta1.cab" installed) and then this app (or her phone) resent the message again from her phone at 1:07PM.

Is this a bug or something?
    My phone is showing that it has a new picture message but it wont let me get to it. Its on alltel and the program has worked fine, still is, but I cant get to that one message and its driving me a little batty.

Also, when I installed the cab I had previous text messages on my phone. It pulled all the inbox but none of the sents. Is there a way to get the sents?

Thanks,
    Juli
    I'm in a similar boat as Juli/Spacegoat. Text worked perfectly, but the pictures wouldn't download. I've since done a hard reset.

Any ideas on why Alltel won't DL pictures?
    I still have a Treo800w (almost one year!) but am thinking about getting a TreoPro. Possible to install this program on a fresh TreoPro, then synch data--including SMS of course--from a Sprite back-up card from my 800w to a Treo Pro with no hassles?

Update: Can this program be downloaded from the mobile Web to a Treo safely?
    Is this the latest version of the program here?
    http://carlnet.no-ip.org/phone/hanni...MS%20beta1.zip
    Last edited by KevMeister; 07/05/2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Bump! Is the Treo 800w's SMS data part of PIM data or is it a separate .cab file...or something.

Conversely, Would 800w to Pro SMS data transfer work well with Sashimi?
    home of SASHIMI • View topic - [UPDATE APR-25-2009] SASHIMI 8.0
    Bump!
    So what is the final status of this app on Sprint? I installed it on my wife's Treo Pro and it seems to send SMS fine but it is not receiving them. Is there a third party app that anyone likes alot? My wifes big complaint with the base sms is the lack of quick access to emoticons, there is no colon on the keyboard so it is hard to type them quickly.
    SMS should work fine in both directions on Sprint. MMS sending should also work, but MMS receiving will not.
    Kudos to you hannip for this excellent program.

After using various other incarnations of this program (from shogunmark and others), finally the text size for the sms is large enough to read without a magnifying glass . I'm using an unlocked GSM in Malaysia and after changing the carrier (eg:server address and all), I can send and receive MMS.

But 1 thing that I miss is in this program (which is on all the other palm threaded messaging programs before this I used on the TP), is the ability to send an sms even though the TP is on airplane mode. Upon pressing send and you decide not to switch on the phone, the sms automatically goes into the 'Outbox' and automatically sends it when the phone is back on. My question is, is it possible to bring that function back or put it in?

Once again, THANK YOU hannip for the program
    Han:

Is there any way to change the time stamp to who is actually texting you etc.
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Han:

Is there any way to change the time stamp to who is actually texting you etc.
    I don't have access to the source so I can't change how it works unless there is some configuration that will change it. I don't know of such a configuration though.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I still have a Treo800w (almost one year!) but am thinking about getting a TreoPro. Possible to install this program on a fresh TreoPro, then synch data--including SMS of course--from a Sprite back-up card from my 800w to a Treo Pro with no hassles?

Update: Can this program be downloaded from the mobile Web to a Treo safely?
    Is this the latest version of the program here?
    http://carlnet.no-ip.org/phone/hanni...MS%20beta1.zip
    You can copy the \Windows\PalmMsgV001 file from an 800w to the Treo Pro to copy all of your texts.

You should be able to download it from the phone. The latest links are in the 1st post of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I don't have access to the source so I can't change how it works unless there is some configuration that will change it. I don't know of such a configuration though.
    thanks
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Is there any alternative to sMMS to actually view received picturemail? Is there any way to access the picturemail site that we see on a PC? I always get the mobile version when I try to access it on my Treo Pro.
    any way to make the mail hard button cycle thru inbox and the 800w SMS like it does when you use the regular TP SMS app?
    I'm so torn!

I love the layout of this program, but I get absolutely no alert that I have a new SMS, other than the screen turning on and asking me to "Press center key to unlock". Treo Alert Pro doesn't bug me about new SMS either!

Am I doing something wrong or is there absolutely no way to get alerted on new, incoming SMS?

Also, my .wav alert file doesn't play until I open this program. Kinda defeats the purpose.

EDIT: I think I figured out a semi-solution. As long as I keep this Treo Messaging application open and running in the background my alert .wav plays and I get all the other notifications. I guess it's a minor inconvenience to have a much better texting app.
    Last edited by rxblitzrx; 08/01/2009 at 06:19 PM.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    any way to make the mail hard button cycle thru inbox and the 800w SMS like it does when you use the regular TP SMS app?
    Nope, they are separate apps. The native one is all in the same app.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by rxblitzrx View Post
    I'm so torn!

I love the layout of this program, but I get absolutely no alert that I have a new SMS, other than the screen turning on and asking me to "Press center key to unlock". Treo Alert Pro doesn't bug me about new SMS either!

Am I doing something wrong or is there absolutely no way to get alerted on new, incoming SMS?

Also, my .wav alert file doesn't play until I open this program. Kinda defeats the purpose.
    Something is wrong. You should be alerted to new sms via sound and vibe (if enabled) and via Treo Alert. I would try following the uninstall steps in the first post of this thread and redownload the cab and follow the install steps again. Make sure you download the correct cab for your device.
    so is there a fix/workaround that will allow to read incoming mms?