Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9154124609 View Post
    I do have that setting in place already, thats how i made it send mms, i just cant receive them.
    hmm, ok.

Here are the settings for each cab related to MMS. I would compare and try various settings. One thing that sticks out is that the GSM cab uses a proxy. Try removing that and change any cingular setting to cricket of course.

STP:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS]
    "MaxVideoSize"=dword:00077A10
    "MaxRecipients"=dword:0000000A
    "MaxMsgSize"=dword:0007A120
    "MaxAudioSize"=dword:00077A10
    "RequestReadReceiptMmsAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "MaxPictHeight"=dword:000003C0
    "MaxPictWidth"=dword:00000500
    "SupportedVideoFormatsForSending"="ASF,3GP,3G2,MP4,MOV,MPG,MPEG"
    "SupportedAudioFormatsForSending"="MID,MIDI,QCP,AAC,WAV,MP3,AMR"
    "SupportedImageFormatsForSending"="JPEG,JPG,GIF,WBMP,BMP"
    "MMSUAProf"="http://device.sprintpcs.com/Palm/PTR850HK/Treo850e103.rdf"
    "MMSUA"="Sprint Treo850e"
    "MMSC"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com"
    "MMSProxy"=""
    "RequestReadReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "RequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "IsPictResolutionLimited"=dword:00000000
    "DefaultPageDuration"=dword:00001388
    "CcBccSupported"=dword:00000001
    "CanSendBlank"=dword:00000000
    GSM:
    Code:
    "EnableAutoMMSDownloadRoaming"=dword:00000001
    "AcknowledgeMsgReceipt"=dword:00000000
    "AcknowledgeMsgRead"=dword:00000000
    "APN"="My ISP"
    "MaxVideoSize"=dword:00049C00
    "MaxMsgSize"=dword:0004B000
    "MaxAudioSize"=dword:000077EC
    "MaxPictHeight"=dword:00000000
    "MaxPictWidth"=dword:00000000
    "MMSUAProf"="http://downloads.palm.com/profiles/Treo850R1.xml"
    "MMSUA"="Palm850/v0100"
    "MMSProxy"="wireless.cingular.com"
    "MMSC"="http://mmsc.cingular.com"
    "IsWAVSupported"=dword:00000001

And here are the original 800w settings from my Sprint 800w.

Code:
    "MaxVideoSize"=dword:00077A10
    "MaxMsgSize"=dword:0007A120
    "MaxAudioSize"=dword:00077A10
    "MaxPictHeight"=dword:000003C0
    "MaxPictWidth"=dword:00000500
    "MMSUAProf"="http://www.electricpocket.com/UAProf/Palm/TREO650R7.xml"
    "MMSUA"="TREO650R7"
    Also try different Network profile's in the Advanced Network Configuration settings. Use "The Internet" should work, or try "My ISP".
    Last edited by hannip; 04/26/2009 at 11:48 AM.
    ok i have everything set as you have it the only differences are
    MMSUAProf"=http://downloads.palm.com/profiles/Treo850R1.xml
    MMSUA=Palm850/v0100
    MMSC=http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    These reg hacks are way too advanced! very complicated, but if one sets ourselves to I'm sure we'll get it. Hannip was a ble to mae the threaded SMS appt for the GSM Treo Pro!
    Anything else going on with this one? MMS working for Sprint?
    I'm anxiously awaiting too!
    Dang, I typed a nice long response on my phone while I was at work, but got a text message just before I finished typing, which "disconnected from the server" and lost my response

Anyway, I don't want to be the one to bust your privates hannip, but this app crashed my pro I probably did something wrong, but it took my 40 minutes to get my phone back up and running again. I really thought it was bricked for a while I unzipped the ZIP file, and started installing the cab to the device (I did DL the Sprint version ). The install was pretty slow, but it was working, so I let it be. When it finished, windows locked up. The status bar was 100% full, but it didn't give me the "installed sucessfully" screen, and the color wheel stopped moving. I let it be for about 20 minutes, and nothing, so I did a soft reset. Windows wouldn't load Did a hard reset, and the align screen thing wouldn't take. Kept making me re-do it. It took 3 hard resets, 3 soft resets, and 2 align screens once windows loaded to get her back up and running. Not quite sure what went wrong?

I am running a STP. I have card export (expired, and NOT using anymore ), your Treo Alert program, and the 800W contact search/picture speed dial, running on the factory "ocean" theme. I have a few other apps, but I think that's all that was running at the time, unless my windows live and gmail were syncing at the same time.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Dang, I typed a nice long response on my phone while I was at work, but got a text message just before I finished typing, which "disconnected from the server" and lost my response

Anyway, I don't want to be the one to bust your privates hannip, but this app crashed my pro I probably did something wrong, but it took my 40 minutes to get my phone back up and running again. I really thought it was bricked for a while I unzipped the ZIP file, and started installing the cab to the device (I did DL the Sprint version ). The install was pretty slow, but it was working, so I let it be. When it finished, windows locked up. The status bar was 100% full, but it didn't give me the "installed sucessfully" screen, and the color wheel stopped moving. I let it be for about 20 minutes, and nothing, so I did a soft reset. Windows wouldn't load Did a hard reset, and the align screen thing wouldn't take. Kept making me re-do it. It took 3 hard resets, 3 soft resets, and 2 align screens once windows loaded to get her back up and running. Not quite sure what went wrong?

I am running a STP. I have card export (expired, and NOT using anymore ), your Treo Alert program, and the 800W contact search/picture speed dial, running on the factory "ocean" theme. I have a few other apps, but I think that's all that was running at the time, unless my windows live and gmail were syncing at the same time.
    That's pretty weird. Sounds like device issues to me. Certainly installing any app shouldn't have any adverse effects after a hard reset. You are the first to report any type of installation problem with this app. The cab is very straight forward. It's not doing anything hackish. Sorry to hear you had problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's pretty weird. Sounds like device issues to me. Certainly installing any app shouldn't have any adverse effects after a hard reset. You are the first to report any type of installation problem with this app. The cab is very straight forward. It's not doing anything hackish. Sorry to hear you had problems.
    That's what worries me. Once I finally got windows reinstalled, and the screen to FINALLY adjust (it wouldn't accept the taps for awhile, it would go through the motions, than start over like something was wrong, and didn't take until I purposely tapped incorrectly and set the screen off center), it is running fine again. No problems before, no problems after. Should I be installing through ActiveSync, and not downloading to mem card, and installing from mem card to device?
  9.    #189  
    That's what worries me. Once I finally got windows reinstalled, and the screen to FINALLY adjust (it wouldn't accept the taps for awhile, it would go through the motions, than start over like something was wrong, and didn't take until I purposely tapped incorrectly and set the screen off center), it is running fine again. No problems before, no problems after. Should I be installing through ActiveSync, and not downloading to mem card, and installing from mem card to device?
    It really shouldn't matter. Like I said, no install should adversely effect how a device works after a hard reset. That sounds like a device issue to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It really shouldn't matter. Like I said, no install should adversely effect how a device works after a hard reset. That sounds like a device issue to me.
    Call me sadistic, special, or whatever else you wanna call me, but I decided to try and destroy my phone again I REALLY hate the factory app, and the only thing I DID like, was the MSS, so I decided to try and install your app. I load the cab, and start the install. It loads slow like before, so I put it down expecting windows to be f'd. Come back, install successful! WOOT! Soft reset, and I am in business. Guess it was just a windows thing..

Now, how do I get MMS to my phone? I know the app (Sprint) doesn't have this ability (yet, hopefully), but I thought I remember reading you all are getting a link to view online? The only thing I am getting is the download option, and "Picture Mail" as plain text, no link. Obviously the download fails, and I can't seem to figure out how to view the picture online. Any help would be awesome.

Speaking of MMS, any word from the Sprint techs on the other forum you have been trying to get some help from?

EDIT: One thing I did find odd that I wanted to mention for people who download this, or in case there is a way around it, is that the new APP wants to receive all incoming texts for the last month. Starts at 0, than begins getting "new" messages from 1 month ago, until it is all caught up. The part that was odd, was the it would only get 10 at a time. In order to get the next 10, I had to close the app, re open, than hit "menu" and it would get the next 10 immediately. Very odd. Took a while to download all my received texts for the last month too Didn't get sent, only received.
    Great app.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Regards
    graylion
  12.    #192  
    Call me sadistic, special, or whatever else you wanna call me, but I decided to try and destroy my phone again I REALLY hate the factory app, and the only thing I DID like, was the MSS, so I decided to try and install your app. I load the cab, and start the install. It loads slow like before, so I put it down expecting windows to be f'd. Come back, install successful! WOOT! Soft reset, and I am in business. Guess it was just a windows thing..
    hehe, you must've really wanted it. Glad it worked this time.

Now, how do I get MMS to my phone? I know the app (Sprint) doesn't have this ability (yet, hopefully), but I thought I remember reading you all are getting a link to view online? The only thing I am getting is the download option, and "Picture Mail" as plain text, no link. Obviously the download fails, and I can't seem to figure out how to view the picture online. Any help would be awesome.
    So when you get the notification that you've received an MMS you would go to the Sprint picture mail site to view it. I think you have to get a log in for that. Not sure how that works since i don't use it myself. Maybe someone else here can fill in the details.

Speaking of MMS, any word from the Sprint techs on the other forum you have been trying to get some help from?
    Not a peep from them. :-/

EDIT: One thing I did find odd that I wanted to mention for people who download this, or in case there is a way around it, is that the new APP wants to receive all incoming texts for the last month. Starts at 0, than begins getting "new" messages from 1 month ago, until it is all caught up. The part that was odd, was the it would only get 10 at a time. In order to get the next 10, I had to close the app, re open, than hit "menu" and it would get the next 10 immediately. Very odd. Took a while to download all my received texts for the last month too Didn't get sent, only received.
    Yeah, this is mentioned in the first post. Palm SMS will transfer 10 texts at a time each time it starts.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Great app.

Thank you for all the hard work.

Regards
    You're welcome.
    Here's a question. Is the problem only with receiving MMS but not sending? If so, then could you use something like SMMS to intercept incoming MMS, but use the Palm app to send them? I ask because on my 800w I did exactly that and it worked nicely. It could at least be a temporary workaround till this one gets figured out.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    Here's a question. Is the problem only with receiving MMS but not sending? If so, then could you use something like SMMS to intercept incoming MMS, but use the Palm app to send them? I ask because on my 800w I did exactly that and it worked nicely. It could at least be a temporary workaround till this one gets figured out.
    Yes that is exactly the case. If you want to be the guinea pig give it a try and let us know if it works.
    I have a valid copy of sMMS and decided I would take the plunge and post my results. The download failed message still comes through (2x) but if you go into sMMS and sync the message does show up and is viewable. I was getting the hourglass allot at first but once i soft reset my treo, it stopped. This is a good work around until we can figure out why hannips app isn't letting us receive.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    I have a valid copy of sMMS and decided I would take the plunge and post my results. The download failed message still comes through (2x) but if you go into sMMS and sync the message does show up and is viewable. I was getting the hourglass allot at first but once i soft reset my treo, it stopped. This is a good work around until we can figure out why hannips app isn't letting us receive.

And to make it an even nicer experience you can go to Options in the Palm SMS app and uncheck the checkbox for "Automatically collect MMS Messages". That way you'll still get a notice that you received an MMS, but you won't get the download errors. Just don't try to download the MMS and use sMMS instead.
    That worked fantastic. I didn't think about turning that off.
    I did the same thing today, but I was a little too busy at work to post the positive results. I did not know about the MMS tab in the Palm Messenger, I was just deleting them to get rid of the "Download Pending" thing. Since the app is "TECHNICALLY" free, despite a mandatory $5 donation ( Really? You can't just grab your pair and call it a fee?! It's a good app..) Hannip might be able to get in touch with this guy and figure out how to make the 800W app work
    I can send mms but I cant receive them.. I get the download failed message.. How are yall coming with this?
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast