Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Uh... are you serious? Sounds like you are more than the average Geek (not that we didn't know that already). Seriously, not to be too nosy, but how did you learn all that stuff zbop? Do Hannip, Cody, and Ebag know how to do all this stuff as well?

I feel like I've stepped into a room full of PDA geniuses, and I barely qualify to install your cab files for you. But, I'm mighty glad to have y'all in here. Keep up the good work, Gentlemen.
    When zbop was on hiatus from treocentral in the early 800w days I attempted to do the zbop magic. I got as far as disassembling the drivers, but I just didn't know assembly well enough to figure out what was going on. I am most envious of zbop's skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    When zbop was on hiatus from treocentral in the early 800w days I attempted to do the zbop magic. I got as far as disassembling the drivers, but I just didn't know assembly well enough to figure out what was going on. I am most envious of zbop's skills.
    Hmmm.... I don't knooowwww, Hannip I think you may have been sandbagging in an effort to lure me back to TC.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hmmm.... I don't knooowwww, Hannip I think you may have been sandbagging in an effort to lure me back to TC.
    hehe, I guess it worked.
  4.    #24  
    does zbop have a TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    does zbop have a TP?
    I do, and yeah I am looking into it...

I've figured out how to turn the keylight off, just working out some issues with the driver (pesky little buggers).
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    i think you hit the nail right on the donkey hannip. It's give and take, the Pro keyboard is not nearly as good as the perfect keyboard on the 800w. I can FLY on the 800, where as i need to take my time on the pro and often i am hitting the wrong buttons. I wish i had tiny little fingers. I catch myself using the virtual keyboard more often now. I am definately thinking about a cover but i hate anything that hinders quick battery door removal for resets and switching out batteries. Luckily the PRO needs less of this activity (so far). I would LOVE a rubberized back plate like the 800w had for grip and less fingerprints. I had one scare where i thought the device froze up but eventually did repsond and worked fine afterwords. Today I got my first random reboot when i went into contacts has been fine since. Thats the kind of unexplaiend crap that bothers me with Winmo tho.
    You DO realize there is a reset button for the pro so you don't have to remove the back don't you?

Next time you remove your back cover, remove the stylist and look where the stylist goes.. There is a reset button under the stylist hole. You CAN reset the Pro just like you could with the 700wx but you CAN hit the button with the Stylist without removing the back.. Takes a little practice but I do it when I need a reset now... You can see the start of the word "reset" when you pull the stylist out but you really need the back off to see the Reset button when you take out the Stylist...

I Guarentee you are NOT going to hit this reset button by accident...

Rodney
    I prefer to leave my display backlit the way it is on my Treo Pro.
  8.    #28  
    awesome - can't wait to improve upon the already excellent battery life !!!

I do, and yeah I am looking into it...

I've figured out how to turn the keylight off, just working out some issues with the driver (pesky little buggers).
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Any news yet?
    I am "patiently" waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    Any news yet?
    I am "patiently" waiting...
    Not yet. I got a little burnt out working on the LED driver and the backlight driver, they're being a little uncooperative.

I do have something working, but I'm not totally happy with the implementation. If I can't make any progress on it, I might release it by end of the weekend and see what people think.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Whenever it's finished, put it up.
    I guess that's what working on 3-4 different things at once can do to you...
    zbop, thanks for working on this.
  13.    #33  
    totally!
    Okay guys, I released Keylight for the Treo Pro, the CAB is posted here.

If someone tries this with a GSM Treo Pro, please post your results, thanks.
    Keylight (Treo Pro edition)

If you keylight state is set to OFF, whenever there is a power state change (i.e. plug in AC or USB, or your phone is turned on) your keylights may briefly flash before being turned off. Unfortunately, this can't be avoided; the driver insists on turning the keylight back on during these transitions, so I had to counteract that. You'll notice the same effect if you change the brightness level when keylight is turned OFF.
    I've just been noticing that when there is a power state change, the keylights come back on and stay on rather than flashing then going back to off. I have it mapped to the side button, and when I go to turn them back off, for some reason it requires two presses of the button.
    Never mind. A soft reset seems to have put it right again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I've just been noticing that when there is a power state change, the keylights come back on and stay on rather than flashing then going back to off. I have it mapped to the side button, and when I go to turn them back off, for some reason it requires two presses of the button.
    Thanks for bringing this up. This goes back to my earlier comments about not being satisified with the implementation. The driver is hardcoded to turn the keylights on during power state change and I had to hack up my code to try and counter-effect that. If it doesn't succeed, it may get out of sync with the current state and will require two presses to put it back in sync. In my testing, I didn't run into this but I was well aware that it could happen.

If I patch the backlight driver or power services I might be able to fix it, just hate doing that kinda modification unless it's absolutely required.
    Well, the glitch seems to have corrected itself after a soft reset and hasn't reoccurred. I'll keep my eyes out though and see if it happens again and if I can re-create it. Love this app!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Okay guys, I released Keylight for the Treo Pro, the CAB is posted here.

If someone tries this with a GSM Treo Pro, please post your results, thanks.
    Works perfectly on my GSM Treo Pro - thanks, zbop, for *another* great creation!
    what a great app it works great thanks for your hard work
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast