Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New info just in from Sprint - remember that 30 day return option you all love so much? They are doing away with it. They are moving to a scenario where they make sure you love your phone before you take it home...it is costing them a fortune in restocking and getting stuck with "refurbs.", so they will still allow you to exchange, but it will cost you to restock.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Again, what are you talking about?

The OP wants two devices within two or three months of each other.

Are you suggesting two 2 year contracts in that short period of time? I don't even think it can be done...
    I think what Chong means is you extend your contract for another two years everytime you get a new phone. You can do that, but you won't get the phone a cheaper price. When I got my Treo Pro, I had to extend for another two years, but I was only 8 months into my contract. Sprint gave me the 1 year discount, so I had to pay $429 for the phone (as opposed to $269 if I had a two year discount). Now I got mine at Best Buy since they had the phones a week before my local Sprint stores, so you can deduct about $50-$70 off those prices. If I want to get a Pre when it becomes available, I will not be able to get any sort of a discount since I just extendeded my contract to get the Pro. I don't know is Sprint will work out any deals or anything on the Pre, but based on my experiences with them, I would have to pay full price to get one.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    New info just in from Sprint - remember that 30 day return option you all love so much? They are doing away with it. They are moving to a scenario where they make sure you love your phone before you take it home...it is costing them a fortune in restocking and getting stuck with "refurbs.", so they will still allow you to exchange, but it will cost you to restock.
    Is that anywhere on their website? I would also think that would not apply to new lines of service, does it?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I just got a replacement phone sent to me...does this affect the $100 mail in rebate that I sent in for the original phone?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got 7 months left and Sprint give me the full discount. I am now waiting for $100 check. I lost the 7 mths, but gain another 2 yrs.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    Has anyone bought the Treo Pro with a full discount through Sprint and got to keep their Sero plan (with a contract renewal)? Sounds impossible but I wasn't sure if anyone here has done it. Thanks
    My opinion? Skip Sprint altogether and get it on eBay.

You can pick it up for $200-235 easily (I paid <$200) and that's no tax and free shipping. Win-win.

Not worth the hassle of "negotiating" with Sprint, waiting for lame rebates 3 months later, losing any leverage you have with them to renew for another 2 years, etc. Why waste it on a phone that is selling NIB for basically the same price? Use the current low-demand/high-supply of the market to your advantage. Save it for the Pre ;-)

There's just no benefit at this point going through Sprint over a reseller*. If you do go through Sprint, just tell them you want to keep your current plan. It's no big deal.

*Assuming you are aware of the 1.03/1.04 issue, the seller has good feedback etc. and you know about Sprint's new warranty policy.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    My opinion? Skip Sprint altogether and get it on eBay.

You can pick it up for $200-235 easily (I paid <$200) and that's no tax and free shipping. Win-win.

Not worth the hassle of "negotiating" with Sprint, waiting for lame rebates 3 months later, losing any leverage you have with them to renew for another 2 years, etc. Why waste it on a phone that is selling NIB for basically the same price? Use the current low-demand/high-supply of the market to your advantage. Save it for the Pre ;-)

There's just no benefit at this point going through Sprint over a reseller*. If you do go through Sprint, just tell them you want to keep your current plan. It's no big deal.

*Assuming you are aware of the 1.03/1.04 issue, the seller has good feedback etc. and you know about Sprint's new warranty policy.
    Exceptionally sound advice. Usually New In box handsets max at around $150 over lowest Sprint price. In the case of the Pro i is about $40 over lowest Sprint price. If you are in the market for a subsequent handset in the next six months ebay is compelling for the Pro.
    yeah I really dont get the big deal about sprints feelings to these old plans.

their is a reseller of sprints services called "helio" which also have the same pricing as sprint. SO their cheapest plan mirrors each others "everything or all-in" packages. But the point I am trying make is how did helio profit any if the plan rates are the same.

So sero doesn't lose sprint a dime. I think sprint might be alittle upset that these plans get transferred to other people. Like me who never worked at sprint but yet my plan is a employee fair and flexable
    People have been getting pro's as 800w warranty replacements. Thats what I did and its free. I mean warranty not insurance. I do not have insurance as well.

I'm also on the $30 sero plan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12