1.    #1  
    Newbie WinMo 6.1 question:

Can the default view in the phone application be changed? I don't like the way it comes up now with that huge list and the top number pre-selected. I want the keypad displayed when the app starts with no pre-selected number.
    I would like it to come up with the speed dial list
    Anyone able to help on this?
    Did anyone find a solution to this? I would love to change the default view, its current settings are so frustrating...thanks!
    I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I would like to know if any one has modified the default color of the Phone View (Call Log) app. I'm using different color themes, but when I click the call button, I get the standard black call screen. Has anyone modified this color? I see all the files in the Windows directory, but figured I'd ask before I touched.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Newbie WinMo 6.1 question:

Can the default view in the phone application be changed? I don't like the way it comes up now with that huge list and the top number pre-selected. I want the keypad displayed when the app starts with no pre-selected number.

I've had my Sprint Treo Pro for about two weeks now. Coming from a Treo 650, this is probably the thing that annoys me the most on this phone. Does any one have a solution?
    David Wright
    Palm Pro -> Samsung SPH-i300 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo Pro
    Added me to the list of interested parties.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    add me too. Annoying
    I still use my old T650 and I wish somebody would make a software that would emulate Palm OS on WinMo, hence putting an end to all the "I wish" messages. This would make everybody happy, and I would be the first to buy it
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
  10.    #11  
    Since an option for the changing the default phone app doesn't appear to be forthcoming, I'm using a trial version of Iconsoft Phonex. It's a replacement for the default phone app.

Phonex

So far, it's pretty cool. It gives you the option to open the phone app with the dialer pad, contacts, favorites(speed dial) or even the default list view. The only thing it doesn't do that I would like is to bring up the dialer pad without the most recent number on the list. It does have a button to clear the number.

The Today screen plug-in seems to very useful. You can toggle Bluetooth, WiFi, phone, and airplane mode on/off, and has five different phone profiles. You can also dial one of five contacts or favorites right from the Today screen.

It supports skins and it doesn't appear to be using that much memory either.