1.    #1  
    Is there a regedit like on the 800w. that when you push the power button it locks the screen instead of closing the progam to home and pushing it again.

on the 800w it was
    Change red phone key to screen off instead of home.
    To change the red phone key back to the same functionality as the 700WX (i.e. pressing red phone turns screen off instead of going to home) Change the following Key

HKLM\Software\Palm\Keyboard\

EndKeyAsHomeKey from 1 to 0

but no keyboard exist in the reg
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I too would like this function changed.
    fyi, press and hold of red button locks the screen and turns off, without returning to home...but that is not exactly what you were looking for.
    Last edited by GeorgeP; 03/25/2009 at 04:31 PM.
    i will be getting my treo today, i hope there is a way to do this.
    I didn't find a fix, I just changed my "ok" button to go to the today/home screen.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    OK button is not the same as the Red power/EndCall button.
    The power button on top turns off the screen and locks the keys it in whatever screen/program you're in without going to the today screen. If you go to Start/Settings/Keyguard you can adjust the time between the key press and button lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    OK button is not the same as the Red power/EndCall button.
    Yeah, I know it's not. But that's how I temporarily took care of the problem.
  9.    #9  
    I realized you can push the button on top; it remints me of the standy key from my Blackberry
    depending on which hand you hold the treo in primarily, the power button at the top is easiest for right hand, press and hold red end key while holding in the left
  11.    #11  
    this a really old post which i made when i first go the treo. Since then I moved to the Mugol, Curve, Touch Pro2 and Tour, But I am using my Treo Pro once again. haha, Its the only phone i never ended up selling or recycling. ANYWAYS; Was a solution ever found to this post I made almost 2 years?

ps. I can't believe this phone is that old, I guess it either Palms build quality or how much WinMo hasn't changed.