1.    #1  
    How can you screw up Solitaire? Palm or Windows Mobile sure did by screwing with the color of the cards. Red and Black cards are no longer 1 color and it really screws me up. My #1 time-killer has been ruined by over engineering. Is there a way to get a version that still uses solid colors like my Touch Pro did?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    not sure what you are talking about. the cards look fine on my pro.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    How can you screw up Solitaire? Palm or Windows Mobile sure did by screwing with the color of the cards. Red and Black cards are no longer 1 color and it really screws me up. My #1 time-killer has been ruined by over engineering. Is there a way to get a version that still uses solid colors like my Touch Pro did?
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean, either. The cards look fine on my phone.

You might try Astraware's Solitaire program, which is currently on sale:

Astraware Solitaire : Featured Games
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I also don't understand what you are saying. The red and black cards look fine to me.

Here is a screenshot, does yours not look the same?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I also don't understand what you are saying. The red and black cards look fine to me.

Here is a screenshot, does yours not look the same?
    Yes mine looks the same, but the J, A and Q would normally be red like the card symbol. It really bothers me that the cards are effectively 2-tone because the symble and the number are different. Don't know why but I can't play it that way. My Treo 700 and Mogul didn't have this and neither did my Touch Pro. (the colors were the same)

Oh well, I'll just buy the other version.
  6. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Yes mine looks the same, but the J, A and Q would normally be red like the card symbol. It really bothers me that the cards are effectively 2-tone because the symble and the number are different. Don't know why but I can't play it that way. My Treo 700 and Mogul didn't have this and neither did my Touch Pro. (the colors were the same)

Oh well, I'll just buy the other version.
    I see what you mean now. I didn't even realize that they were supposed to be that way, so I never noticed. I am presuming that my 750 was the same as the 700.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I preferred the solitaire in WM5 the best. Ever since 6.0, it has been odd to me.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Dude... this oughta help you out. I thought I was the only one that noticed the change

Solitare Graphics Update - xda-developers

You might need to rename it to pegcards128 if not using realvga... be sure to back up first.
    Last edited by insol; 03/26/2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean, either. The cards look fine on my phone.

You might try Astraware's Solitaire program, which is currently on sale:
    Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about buyin that but had no idea it was on sale. My old spider game wont run under 320x320.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    I preferred the solitaire in WM5 the best. Ever since 6.0, it has been odd to me.
    I'm so used to using the d-pad to navigate around. Having to drag-n-drop the cards is taking some getting used to. I have medium sized hands, but even my fingers are too fat to grab onto the card unless I tilt the device so I can use the edge of my finger.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Dude... this oughta help you out. I thought I was the only one that noticed the change

Solitare Graphics Update - xda-developers

You might need to rename it to pegcards128 if not using realvga... be sure to back up first.
    Fantastic! this cab worked perfectly. I can now waste countless hrs playing solitaire again