1.    #1  
    Hi there was wondering if there is a registry tweak on the STP that would allow you to send a text message with more then 160 charachters like the registry tweak that was posted in the 800 forum for the treo 800w
    No reg hack needed. By default u can type in more than 160 characters in a text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    No reg hack needed. By default u can type in more than 160 characters in a text messaging
    ...and it sends it in 2 SMS messages or 1?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    ...and it sends it in 2 SMS messages or 1?
    two...but you can type out more than 160 characters...if I remember correctly the 800w did the same thing...it allowed you to type out over 160 characters, but sent it out in two different txt messages
    Yeah you are right, after 160 chars it begins to split them into 2 messages and in the char indicator in parenthesis (2 mess...)it will let you know the number of breakdowns (each of 160 chars)
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Yeah you are right, after 160 chars it begins to split them into 2 messages and in the char indicator in parenthesis (2 mess...)it will let you know the number of breakdowns (each of 160 chars)
    ok, cool. I couldn't remember if the 800w did the same thing
    I never had an 800w (I'm a GSM guy), but I did have the Treo 750 and from what I know they both share Palm's messaging software that in my view is way better then the Treo Pro's Arcsoft MMS Composer software.
    The only company that I know of that allows SMS >160 characters is Nextel. I have an i880 and that is the limit on texting. Don't know why, just the way it is. If I get a text from that phone that is >160 on my Pro, it just cuts it off. But if I send one from the Pro, it does split it up.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I know the 800w on Sprint did not do the same thing by default. I needed a registry hack to let it do more than 160.
    My unlocked TP with Orange UK sim sends txt messages over 160 characters.
  11.    #11  
    with the reg edit on the 800 it let you send more than 160 charachters in one message without breaking it up in to 2 messages . what i want to know is if theres a reg edit for the STP that would allow me to do the same
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25 View Post
    with the reg edit on the 800 it let you send more than 160 charachters in one message without breaking it up in to 2 messages . what i want to know is if theres a reg edit for the STP that would allow me to do the same
    are you sure? If I remember correctly it would break it up into messages like the Pro does.
  13.    #13  
    i am sure .but only if you did a reg edit to make it that way not bydefault
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25 View Post
    i am sure .but only if you did a reg edit to make it that way not bydefault
    I applied the reg change when I had the 800w and as far as I can remember it split the text messages into 2 separate text messages once it was sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I applied the reg change when I had the 800w and as far as I can remember it split the text messages into 2 separate text messages once it was sent.
    That's correct. You could type in up to 10x160 chars in one message but it got sent out in 160 char segments.
    emoticons, how can we get them on the STP?
    Also text to land line, how can we get that back too like on the 800w?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    I didn't know we can now txt to a landlines? Is that a new service for landlines?
    That's a Sprint thing. To do it just send a text to a landline phone number. It won't automatically pop up when you're texting tho.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!