Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there is any software out there that is truly WORTH paying for? I am a looong time palm user and have been spoiled by all the free software that was always available (been using palms since later 1980's). Please share what you guys actually pay for or couldn't live without and happily fork over your hard earned money for.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Garmin Mobile XT for sure.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
    Wisbar Lite for task management.
    list of what i've purchased:

Stock Manager
    Spb Wireless Monitor
    Spb Insight
    Resco File Explorer
    Bdicty
    Pocket Tunes
    Handy Menu
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    wmwifirouter
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    SlingPlayer Mobile (if you have a Slingbox)
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Great thread...this is my first time using a WM device after years of being on the Palm OS side. I am taking my time loading stuff on the Pro and getting to learn it. But I am sure there are some "must have" programs that will show up here.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Here's the two things I think you can't live without:

1. SPB Mobile Shell: Sets up your STP in a logical way so you can get around quickly. And, it has buttons big enough that you can actually make a selection and have confidence that your getting what you asked for and not the selection above or the selection below.

2. Pocket-Tunes Deluxe: I had this from the beginning with my 700p. I like two things about it. It's not an Ipod or an Ianything (got to support the little guys; down with monopolies) And, with Pocket-Tunes, you can subscribe to Rhapsody.com and get downloads to go. For $14.95 a month, you get to "rent" pretty much every current and past pieci of music out there. I downloaded Coldplay's latest within hours of its release. This is great because you can experiment and listen to things you wouldn't dream of paying money for on Itunes. I've found dozens of indy artists I had no idea existed. Makes me want to quit my day job, grow my hair and start playing guitar for a living.
    If you like video, get TCPMP build 72. I use at the gym to watch shows from TIVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    wmwifirouter
    I second this as my favorite paid app. If you have an ipod touch or netbook like I have it's the best software out there. Hit a button and your phone becomes a wireless router using your data connection anywhere at anytime.

Slingbox is great although I tend to carry my ipod around so I usually watch something on that device.

Ultimate Launcher is pretty cool if you like to tinker with your today settings.

I've used Copilot GSP Navigation software on my pocket PC's for about 3 years now. It's been great for me and I've used it on at least a dozen vacations so far.
    I'd love to have Warfare Inc work on WM6. It is one of the best games to play on a PDA or phone. They just ported it over to the iPhone/iPod touch. Hopefully they'll have it ready to run on WM6.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Pay software:
    SPB Pocket Plus
    Memmaid
    SKTools
    Astraware Solitaire

Free software:
    Weather Panel
    Kevtris
    Treo Alerts
    Live Search
    My Moblier
    PHM Regedit
    Pocket SportsCenter
    Skyfire
    Total Commander
    PIM Backup
    I purchased Wisbar and upon finding QuickMenu, immediately left Wisbar and have not been back since.

HanDBase
    FlexMail
    Sprite Backup
    there are bunches of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I'd love to have Warfare Inc work on WM6. It is one of the best games to play on a PDA or phone. They just ported it over to the iPhone/iPod touch. Hopefully they'll have it ready to run on WM6.

GOOD NEWS!!! I tried installing Warfare Inc (ver 1.2) last night on my Treo Pro and it works!! That has been the main game I've played on all my pdas and cell phones since it came out.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I don't know the capabilities of the included Kinoma Free, but Kinoma Play is a must for me.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I really dig phoneAlarm because it lets me customize how all the alarms fire on my Treo Pro--but I am kinda particular that way. The profiles are also great, especially the automatic switching capability. Nothing cooler than switching to 'Car' and watching the backlight go up a few notches to be more visible, PocketMusic loading, and then my GPS program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I purchased Wisbar and upon finding QuickMenu, immediately left Wisbar and have not been back since.

HanDBase
    FlexMail
    Sprite Backup
    there are bunches of them.
    Lol, I went from quickmenu to wisbar!
    Does anyone know of any specials for some of the spb software from a reputable source. I am specifically interested in spb pocket plus and spb finance.

I have used pocket money for a couple years now but it constantly crashes on the STP im sure its just a resolution issue. Out of the others checkbook programs i have found i like spb finance the best and im willing to pay for it. just not willing to pay 25 bucks for it.
    touchlauncher a bargain for 6$
    My must haves:
    HiCalc
    AE Button Plus
    Spb Mobile Shell
    Spb Diary
    pTravelAlarm
    Kinoma Play

Jpruett79, The Spb sofware, and others can be bought from PocketGear with a discount. Google it. I think I used "NEWBIE20" yesterday for 20% off.

I got Kinoma Play for free using TrialPay.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast