1.    #1  
    I've had the phone for about a week. I like the phone alot but there are some weird issues I'm having with it that have me worried about the phone long term.

1. The screen will turn on by itself occasionally for no apparent reason at no specific time.

2. If the phone is on vibrate and I get an email or text it'll vibrate continuously for maybe 30 seconds. This happens occasionally.

3. The alarm will sometimes make a tone and sometimes it wont. Reminders are the same way.

Should I exchange the phone? Maybe hard reset? Normal resets don't seem to help any.
    Last edited by short bus; 03/24/2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
    are you running that stock? do you have something running such as email polling?
    1) I noticed the screen turn on by itself a few times also. Not sure what that's about. It happened when I first got the phone and one time a few days after that. Doesn't happen often.

2) I noticed the long vibrate when I set vibe for incoming phone calls in S&N. I guess they wanted to get your attention.
    You can try using Treo Alert for the vibes and uncheck them in Sounds & Notifications. That way you can control exactly how long the vibe occurs and how many times it vibes.

3) Again you might want to try using Treo Alert. It makes some registry tweaks to get the reminders to be consistent. I bet it works good after you install TA.
  4.    #4  
    Its completely stock beside Opera Mobile and Viigo. I have email set to retrieve every 4 hours.
    The screen on my TP turns on seemingly at random too, but my old phone also did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    The screen on my TP turns on seemingly at random too, but my old phone also did that.
    I've noticed that on my phone as well. I think I've tracked it down to when the phone into and out of roaming. I'm not automatically retrieving mail or anything like that. I do have my BT on all the time (so when I get in the car it's ready to connect to my hands free), but it's hidden, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've not noticed anything about the vibrate modes since I haven't used it. As for the tones on alarms, I have mine set to use imported MP3s and it seems to work fine.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by short bus View Post
    I've had the phone for about a week. I like the phone alot but there are some weird issues I'm having with it that have me worried about the phone long term.

1. The screen will turn on by itself occasionally for no apparent reason at no specific time.

2. If the phone is on vibrate and I get an email or text it'll vibrate continuously for maybe 30 seconds. This happens occasionally.

3. The alarm will sometimes make a tone and sometimes it wont. Reminders are the same way.

Should I exchange the phone? Maybe hard reset? Normal resets don't seem to help any.
    I've never had that happen with the unlocked GSM version
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    That used to happen, oddly enough, on my old Touch Pro. My new Treo Pro doesn't exhibit any of those problems. Weird...although I just turn my phone to silent all the time.
    I have the same problems although I don't use reminders so I wouldn't know. Sometimes the phone will vibrate until a key is pressed. Also, often when it rings, for a brief second the original Treo ring will ring then it will sound the assigned ring. Accompanied by no call announce/voice command on incoming calls and godawfully loud system sounds when you're on the phone.
  10.    #10  
    Well it sounds like these issues might be "normal". I'm still concern as my Motorola Q9h was rock solid.
    annoying i noticed this too. I think my old phone used to do this for a while then it stopped. Not sure what it was that stopped it?
    I've had my treo pro for a little over a week now, and noticed that it freezes whenever the battery power gets down to less than 5%. This only happened twice though. The touch screen didn't respond to my taps, and had to do a soft reset...but again, this only happened once, and the battery was low. Besides those random occurences, I think the phone is awesome!
    I noticed the screen turning on randomly once when I leave Opera Mobile on the screen. If it's in the background it shuts off like normal. The only other time I've seen it turn on randomly was cuz I was receiving a PM. It illuminated for a few seconds then the MMS icon showed up at the top saying it was receiving something.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I had the long vibrate thing going on for my Treo Pro for incoming calls when I had my ringer set to "Increasing ring". When I set it to just "Ring" I stopped having this issue. I am not sure if this is the root cause or not, but certainly worth mentioning.