1.    #1  
    I have never had this come up on my old Treo's with Sprint, but when I pop in one of the usual phone codes in the fial pad, ##3896# for example, it prompts me for my Unlock code. What is this all about? It's not a Sim card using phone, why would it be locked?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWise23 View Post
    I have never had this come up on my old Treo's with Sprint, but when I pop in one of the usual phone codes in the fial pad, ##3896# for example, it prompts me for my Unlock code. What is this all about? It's not a Sim card using phone, why would it be locked?
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was trying hotsync a co-workers Treo to her computer, it kept asking for the lock code. I posted here and got no responses.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-password.html

She ended up taking it to a Sprint store who got it going. I don't think you're going to have any luck until you take it in and see what they can do. Sorry.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    SirWise,

You need the "MSL" code ("Master Subsidy Lock") which you can obtain from Sprint. It is a programming code that is associated with the phone's ESN and phone number or carrier.

RickMG,

Not the same problem as SirWise. Your co-worker had set a lock code, or PIN, or her phone. When she took it in, they probably did a hard-reset on the phone to clear it.
    When I first got my Palm Pro last week there were some serious issues getting a data connection and during the process the tech rep. had to use my MSL code to do some tests etc. so of course I wrote that down and saved it. I was wondering, now that I have the code, what can I do with it and how? I would love to be able to use my phone as a modem etc.
    It's not like a subsidy unlock code or really anything special. its basically an indepth way to set up your account access settings so you can use sprint's service; primarily internet. If you swap esn's between phones often, its handy to have if an activation botches, but it won't enable any enhanced functionality on the phone. The treo 800w had an added bonus of being able to enable rev.a with it but the Pro has that out of the gate
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    RickMG,

Not the same problem as SirWise. Your co-worker had set a lock code, or PIN, or her phone. When she took it in, they probably did a hard-reset on the phone to clear it.
    Not correct, I did a couple of hard resets myself as I thought the same thing. I was on the phone with Sprint Techs for almost an hour telling them exactly that, she must've (or the store) set a code when it was new. They had no info on that even being the case anymore. We tried everything. I'm sure she needed the same master subsidy lock you suggested for SirWise.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Not correct
    Sorry RickMG, but in the thread you referenced in your previous message, you said a hard-reset cleared the code and you were able to hotsync. You then stated that you restored from NVBackup and the problem (hotsync asking for a password) recurred:

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I did a hard reset and hotsynced and it worked perfectly. Restored the phone from NVBackup and got the password problem again.
    Your friend's problem was that she (or someone) set a PIN on the device. Period. Hotsync doesn't know and doesn't care about the MSL or SPC codes. The only code that will stop hotsync is a PIN code. You cleared the PIN with a hard-reset and then you put it right back in place with the restore.

SirWise's problem was not a PIN code, but the fact that the special modes of a Treo often require the MSL before they can be accessed.

have fun,
    john
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post
    Sorry RickMG, but in the thread you referenced in your previous message, you said a hard-reset cleared the code and you were able to hotsync. You then stated that you restored from NVBackup and the problem (hotsync asking for a password) recurred:

Your friend's problem was that she (or someone) set a PIN on the device. Period. Hotsync doesn't know and doesn't care about the MSL or SPC codes. The only code that will stop hotsync is a PIN code. You cleared the PIN with a hard-reset and then you put it right back in place with the restore.

SirWise's problem was not a PIN code, but the fact that the special modes of a Treo often require the MSL before they can be accessed.

have fun,
    john
    I guess you're right, I forgot about that. I just knew I hard reset a few times but now I remember it would sync until we restored the backup. I do know that the woman never put in a code and Sprint Techs didn't know one, so taking it into the store fixed it. She still doesn't have a code that she knows of. (I just called her and asked).