Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I was trying to send an email with an attached file (with the built-in email client) and I could not find a way to find files on the SD card that were more than 1 folder deep. For example I have a file in "SD:\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\File.txt" but the attach file screen only has "All files" (Which appears to look in the root and one folder deep for files) or select a folder in the root (Which appears to pull files only from that folder -- not any deeper). Does anyone know how to select files from "Folder3" in my example?

Maybe I am just missing something obvious. Thanks for any help!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I was trying to send an email with an attached file (with the built-in email client) and I could not find a way to find files on the SD card that were more than 1 folder deep. For example I have a file in "SD:\Folder1\Folder2\Folder3\File.txt" but the attach file screen only has "All files" (Which appears to look in the root and one folder deep for files) or select a folder in the root (Which appears to pull files only from that folder -- not any deeper). Does anyone know how to select files from "Folder3" in my example?

Maybe I am just missing something obvious. Thanks for any help!
    You can send a file through the file explorer or 3rd party equivalent by selecting the file and then "Send" when the gesture commands come up to send by email. I have apparently just sent things this way because I never noticed the issue that you describe when trying to attach a file from within a new email but if there's something obvious you're missing - so am I!
    Yes, work the other way around and use file explorer to find the specific file and then use the send command via email to send your file.
    You guys can't send a file with your default email client with like, gmail for example?

On my Touch Pro, I go to gmail and select New, then select Insert, then select Picture, Voice Memo or File.

For attaching files, wait till all file types pop up, then select folder and a sub menu will pop up showing all folders. Scroll thru the list till you find a folder on the device or your card that the file might be in.

Then select the folder and all the files in that folder will appear. Select the file and your email account will reappear with the attachment. Fill in the fields and send.

I don't have a Treo Pro, but as I said, this works just fine on my Sprint Touch Pro with WM 6.1......

Or, as was already mentioned, use file explorer.......