1.    #1  
    I have a deactivated Sprint Treo 800w (I'm a Verizon customer), and I'm trying to get the MSL and apply the GPS hack. I don't have the cable that came with the device because it wasn't brand new, but I have a BB Storm micro USB cable.

When I plug it into my computer (Vista w/ SP1) with ##3424# set to diag passthrough and beezl's drivers installed, it shows up as "[beezl] Palm Treo 800W ## Modem Port" in the device manager.

I don't think that's right. Could it be the cable? CDMA Workshop isn't detecting it on the COM port. Thanks in advance.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    When I plug it into my computer (Vista w/ SP1) with ##3424# set to diag passthrough and beezl's drivers installed, it shows up as "[beezl] Palm Treo 800W ## Modem Port" in the device manager.

I don't think that's right. Could it be the cable? CDMA Workshop isn't detecting it on the COM port. Thanks in advance.
    That is exactly how the PC should see the 800w with beezl's drivers installed. Download and install a copy of Qualcomm's QPST (quoting Ebag...Google is your friend) and see if that recognizes your phone.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Ok, whew! Thanks for the reply. I was able to locate a copy of QPST 2.7 (build 264 or something like that), but I couldn't find the USB/QC diagnostic port as Ebag said in the GPS directions.

I need to use CDMA Workshop to get the MSL first, but that's also not detecting the phone. The 800w is on COM4, but after I opened the port and clicked Read, it would say something to the effect of phone not responding or cannot be found.
  4.    #4  
    Never mind...got it to work. Got the MSL from Major_Nate, opened COM6 (which was the diag port, it's hidden and not shown in Device Manager) using QPST, and applied the hack.

Thanks kdbenoit for confirming that I had been doing it correctly!
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Hey!!! No problem...what we are here to do.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre