1.    #1  
    The title says it all? I am coming from a 700p and am shocked that there does not appear a way to add extra digits (for voice response systems) in the Speed Dial part of the phone application.

Does anyone know how to do this?
    I found a solution for the extra digits when dialing. You can use the contacts app, create a record for voicemail etc. When entering the number add a P for a 2 second pause and a W for a pause that requires you to hit the talk button to continue.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Thanks JamesGang. This helped me too. And I much prefer this, since it's easier to edit the contact than the speed dial, and it's saved in the contact also. Apparently, you can substitute 2 commas in the old speed dial (1 second pause) with just 1 'P' in contacts. I also found that changing just the additional stuff (after the phone number) doesn't cause a sync of the contact. So if you edit the number of pauses in the desktop Outlook app, you need to change a digit in the phone number also so it will sync the change to the treo.
    Same problem coming from 700P. There is no way on the Pro to edit the preprogrammed (#1) voicemail speed dial? The only way is to add a new contact and speed dial, so the automatic voicemail button is useless?