Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How long does ya'lls battery life last? I charged it full last night and within two hours it was at 80%.

I have my backlight at 50%.

I have activesync to give me a message whenever a new item arrives. I had the same settings on my 700wx and it never drained battery as fast as my pro.

Are any of ya'll experiencing the same problem?
    I too am experiencing less than expected battery life. I have only charged it twice so cannot make a final judgement until it goes through about 10-15 cycles.

Also pop every 30 minutes but same setting as 800w.
    The battery life is great for a cdma windows mobile device.
    The battery life is probably not as good as the Curve but does anyone know if it's close?
    After 15 hours my battery is at 72%. Just casual usage today and I have the screensaver off.
    With 3G on and push email/IM/RSS updates every hour, I get about 8 hours only on the stock battery. I usually charge it on the cradle at work anyway.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I take it the op was asking about the Sprint Treo Pro.
    The Gsm Treo with 3G on getting 8hrs isn't bad at all.

Hannip prolly gives a more accurate usage for Evdo.

I have my gsm treo pro on edge only and I can almost get 2 full days.
    I'm way and I mean way more happy with the battery life on the pro than the htc touch pro, that battery was just crap.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    How long does ya'lls battery life last?
    On my Sprint Treo Pro, I usually can go about 20 hours on a charge. I've had it for one week.

My typical day is about a half-hour of talk, a dozen or so text messages, and a few hundred emails (Exchange push via ActiveSync and IMAP idle via Flexmail). Bluetooth is always on. I use GPS occasionally.

My Treo 800w would only go about 12 hours in the above scenario, my Mogul would last about as long as the Treo Pro, and I never worried about battery on my 700p.

have fun,
    john
    Last edited by jsage; 03/24/2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: brain-fart
    not as good as blackberry curve (of course)
    better than 800w
    much better than touch pro
    much better than diamond
    about the same as 700wx

theres more to life than just battery, blackberry
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I can only say coming from 800w, the Pro has much better battery life
    Well I can also vouch that the Treo Pro has better battery life than the HP iPaq 910c. With the HP doing nothing but active sync and phone, the standard battery would be near dead by lunch (or you can buy the larger battery, making the phone fatter in your hand and it would last until afternoon tea).

With the Treo Pro I have a charge all day with no special usage...However, I have lots of apps I use, stream music, play podcasts, facebook, youtube, etc....Treo Pro with heavy usage will last me from when I wake to just after lunch...so I usually plug it in either when at work (Activesync) or commuting.
    The only reason why blackberry has such good battery life is that teh email aquisition is done on the rim servers and it sends it to the device when mail is there (POP Imap etc).... also the device is almost useless otherwise. If blackberry could do anything close (especially performance wise) as WinMo can the berry battery life would be not even close to what it is now, more on par with a WinMo device if not worse.

I just switched from my berry and as long as i dont keep my radio pegged ie calls, data etc I am getting a long time out of my battery at least 2 - 3 days.

@knivez try changing the sync to only deliver mail at most every hour. Delivery for every mail will almost mean (assuming this is for business and you get lots of mail) that your radio is 24/7 and doesnt power down. This will be one of the biggest causes of battery drain.

When you use a blackberry constantly on the network and try processing data (TV Music downloads, large websites) you will see the battery drain very fast. I had a curve 8330 on sprint and the battery was great if I went to mobile sites, and email but anytime I watched TV or downloaded music the battery was only lasting 2 - 3 hours, about the same as I am seeing from my pro with the same usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    not as good as blackberry curve (of course)
    better than 800w
    much better than touch pro
    much better than diamond
    about the same as 700wx
    +1

The only other recent WinMo phone (that I've owned) that might have as-good, if not better battery life is my original Touch. Otherwise, compared to the above phones, the Pro last f-o-r-e-v-e-r, hehe.......
    Last edited by doubleu; 03/24/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    The STP seems to take forever to fully charge. You could fully charge it, take of the charger for a few minutes, put it back on and it still takes a while to fully recharge.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    If you're coming from the 800 its great.
    If you're coming from a Treo 700 series its a tad worse.
    If you're coming from a BlackBerry Curve you might be pissed.

Sadly these WM phones just don't have the balls to make us heavy users happy. Although we can get by with accessories I feel an 1800 mAH battery should be the minimum in every device. My Touch Pro can handle my needs but Companies should match the BB Curves battery life.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Sadly these WM phones just don't have the balls to make us heavy users happy. Although we can get by with accessories I feel an 1800 mAH battery should be the minimum in every device.
    I agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If you're coming from the 800 its great.
    If you're coming from a Treo 700 series its a tad worse.
    If you're coming from a BlackBerry Curve you might be pissed.

Sadly these WM phones just don't have the balls to make us heavy users happy. Although we can get by with accessories I feel an 1800 mAH battery should be the minimum in every device. My Touch Pro can handle my needs but Companies should match the BB Curves battery life.
    Seems to me the reason the bb does so well on battery is percisely because they have no balls!

In regards to touch pro or even diamond- the treo pro is in a completely different league. Almost 2x.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    The STP seems to take forever to fully charge. You could fully charge it, take of the charger for a few minutes, put it back on and it still takes a while to fully recharge.
    Yeah I noticed that as well.

Would a bigger battery 1800mAh require a different cover?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    It does take a while for the Treo Pro to charge. But I'll take it anyday - it seems to me to have nearly 2x the battery life of the Touch Pro.

Considering that Seidio was only able to cram in an extra 150 mAh (1650 total) into the regular-size slot - 1800 mAh will definitely require a "bulge."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast