Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Commuting to Chicago on a train, 1 hour trip GSM Treo Pro

1 hour heavy data usage going to work, 1 hour heavy data usage going home.
    Maybe 2 to 3 short calls, during the day, less than 2 minutes
    Maybe 2 to 3 SMS messages, during the day
    Maybe 2 to 3 emails come over outlook express

The battery is low, 15%, but it survives the whole day.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Seems to me the reason the bb does so well on battery is percisely because they have no balls!
    BB are designed for the work environment and reliability.OS stability , device design , build quality puts WM current line up to shame.
    Now when it comes to 3rd party's Wm will always rule due to BB keeping Os locked up...I really dont consider that lack of balls
    Slingbox... I agree Blackberries are designed to be reliable, both are aimed at the work environment. WinMo is more aimed at IM/IT people while blackberries are aimed more at people who just want a simple working device.

I have used blackberry for along time and I like how simple they are. However even my older palm pilots can do more than most devices prior to Storm/Bold lineup. The only reason that blackberries get good battery life is not because of teh battery but because they only do a fraction of the amount of work that winmo can do. As far as quality IMO except for potential overheating issues I have seen. The Treos have always been very durrable if not more so then the several blackberries I have had. However when you move to low end Winmo devices usually these are crap.

I guess lets look at it this way blackberry is still based off of the simple 90's technology as far as the OS is concerned. The Storm was a nice attempt to modernize the lineup. I have to agree that berries have balls just they havent dropped yet, when the OS is completely revamped with more functionality then I would say it has a functioning set. Maybe OS 5.0 will shed some lite.
    When blackberry has the ability to do what the high end windows mobile phones do, with similar performance then you will see either a larger capacity battery provided or the amount of battery life reduced substancially.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    When blackberry has the ability to do what the high end windows mobile phones do, with similar performance then you will see either a larger capacity battery provided or the amount of battery life reduced substancially.
    Of course! The blackberry os is great for many reasons but anyone who thinks that it is as robust as wm is kidding themselves.
    Normally the more powerful the device the more battery power it'll use. That's the case with just about all battery powered electronics. The blackberry os is very basic thus longer battery life. It's a trade off.
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    How long does ya'lls battery life last? I charged it full last night and within two hours it was at 80%.

I have my backlight at 50%.

I have activesync to give me a message whenever a new item arrives. I had the same settings on my 700wx and it never drained battery as fast as my pro.

Are any of ya'll experiencing the same problem?
    The same time and back light, mine reduced to 65%! I just read book with alreader...

to weak battery.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I did a quick experiment, not by choice-

I use the SEVEN beta program (SEVEN to push my email, contacts and google calendar- and it works great (I had tried it on my 700wx several times and dumped it within hours, it sucked the life out of the thing-but it work GREAT on the pro- perfect IMAP sync, instant sync with calendar and edits, etc.)-

So back to the battery- since this past Friday the server was down on SEVEN and I couldn't sync up or get my email through the program. (I had to pull it through the TREO manually). That wasn't fixed till sometime late last night.
    During that time, my bettery was draining at an alarming rate- i.e from full to 10% in 4-5 hours- dead dead dead by 2 in the afternoon (lucky I had the charger with me-). And that's with screen saver off, 1 phone call for a duration of 30 seconds, checking the news in Opera Mini once an hour for a total of 15 minutes (if that much), and sending and receiving 3 texts.

My guess was that the SEVEN program was trying to sync mail at a ridiculous rate but couldn't get through the server, even though the screen (which incidentally is set at 40% brightness) was NOT going on spontaneously-

Anyway- since the SEVEN issue was fixed sometime in the middle of the night- the Sprint TP has been off the charger since I got to work at 6:30 AM this morning- and it is now 5:30 PM- mail etc has benn syncing and coming through regularly- similar usage to yesterday on telephone- except I streamed the radio on Kinoma for about 15 minutes as well (usually a battery killer)- and the battery is at 63%-
    much improved from yesterday-

So- here's my unsolicited, inexpert, anecdotal advice- if your battery is being sucked dry- make sure nothing's running in the background that you may have forgotten about-
    in particular check out codyppc's cab for FORCE ROAMING depending on your area, and I recommend installing MAGIC button so you can see at a glance (and close) any programs you may have forgotten about (Magic Button)

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 04/07/2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    BB are designed for the work environment and reliability.OS stability , device design , build quality puts WM current line up to shame.
    Now when it comes to 3rd party's Wm will always rule due to BB keeping Os locked up...I really dont consider that lack of balls
    I keep reading people saying this, but I carry a BB and WM everyday... I'd pick the WM device simply because it had more features and is as stable as the BB. Then again, I don't have a bunch of crap loaded on my WM either... only good apps (what I consider good because my OS is still stable. lol)

Anyway, the os and device design of BB is not so hot... Navigation and keyboard usage much better with WM.

I would think that a 1800 battery would not have much of a buldge on the treo pro... how much is there with the 3500 they have? I'd like to see them show compare and contrast shots...

Then again maybe they should build a 2000 or 2200 with a small bump. That I believe would be the sweet spot...
    Last edited by theog; 04/07/2009 at 08:01 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    on my first day it sucked big time. (probably has to do with the new factor) that's coming from a touch pro user with custom rom and radio. I'm hoping that after a few more charges it will be a lot better
    Seidio just released a 3500 mah super extended battery for Treo pro .
    Many people would appreciate a larger battery that might even come with a sepparate back-cover. I would hapily add 2mm to the width for extra 1-2 days of autonomy. My Treo 650 after 4.5 years still could take me through 3 days, my new Tro pro is almost dead after 1 full busy day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
    I installed the sprint pushmail client the first day I bought mine. The TP heated up and stayed hot all the time. IT charged slowly (by comparison to my deceased 800W) and would stay so hot it was uncomfortabole to use as a phone.

I also installed dashwire and skyfire. Other than that, I have not yet put any programs on the TP.

Yesterday midday I uninstalled the pushmail after I noticed a ton of unsuccessful connection attempts in the events. This helped a tiny bit, but not much. Last night I installed the batter hack cab as well as a couple of the other cab tweaks from the stickied thread. Today will be a test as I'm just starting my day. I'll let you know how it goes.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio just released a 3500 mah super extended battery for Treo pro .
    I ordered your 3500 mah battery yesterday,hopefully will get it in a few days,are u going to release the battery charger for the Treo Pro anytime soon?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12