Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I've searched the thread and see that others have mentioned that Java comes preinstalled on other versions of the treo pro. I don't believe it's installed on mine-- (therefore) not able to run .jad files.
    I basically wanna be able to use the gMail App , but not if installing Java is going to make the phone unstable. I've been thru the nightmare of installing JVM on my 755p

Any suggestions?
    may sound like stupid question but what do you need the gmail app for on the treo pro? is it "better" than just downloading gmail to pocket outlook using pop or imap?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    may sound like stupid question but what do you need the gmail app for on the treo pro? is it "better" than just downloading gmail to pocket outlook using pop or imap?
    Better search function, and threaded emails. IMAP thru outlook is fine right now for me, but it'd be great to get a Gmail client.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Use POP3.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Google Seven Beta- it won't do threaded or search but it does provide a nice push experience.

If I need to search I just use ie.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I guess it might take a little figuring out, but, here's my situation. I have exchange work email which I have set up on my pro. But, I really don't want the 2000 contacts, tasks, calendar items, etc that come along with it.
    So I have a separate outlook profile on my computer that I've loaded my gmail (personal) info into, and I sync only the contacts, calendar, tasks to my phone.
    I usually get an error when I sync -- having to do with the profiles not matching
    Gmail on IE is alright; i just enjoyed the app on my 755p (for the 3 or so days that it actually worked).
    Have you looked at FlexMail? Th.ose errors you are speaking of are one of the several reasons I moved from Pocket Outlook to FlexMail.
    I think the Java Gmail app is great, but I can't get to it from my Treo Pro. I click the "get faster gmail" link but am redirected to the login page. In Opera Mini, if I click that link, I am redirected to a .jad URL that then opens with IE, and I get a device not supported error.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.