Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Thanks berd...

I was following this thread over at XDA back in February but decided not to run it because I heard it wasnt that great as your main device, there were still flaws... if this in fact is good enough to run and rather stable I'll give it a stab. I already have my phone HardSPL'ed so it shouldnt be that hard to do this upgrade.

Any experience with it?
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
  2.    #3  
    No experience.

I just saw the article at wmexperts and thought I would share.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    cool, well now I upgraded and notice a few things that I cant live without, like when I cick the red (end) button on my phone, it does nothing. I have to set a timeout for the screen to turn off before I can safely put it in my pocket. I have the WM6 rom where I can change the payloads.xml file so I can roll back to WM6, but I dont know what to change it to nor how to get back.

So now I'm stuck
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
  4.    #6  
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    my payloads file looks like this:
    <low>1.16</low>
    <high>2.27</high>

I dont know what is considered high in regards to WM 6.5, if thats even the problem. The updater I have says this update is not for my phone.
  6.    #8  
    hmm...

Have you asked in the xda thread?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    now I did
  8.    #10  
    It's been awhile since I messes with payloads.
    Read thru those two threads I linked, they're not too long I believe.
    If you still can't get it, let me know and I will see if I can help.

Why'd you do it! Why
    I know, you couldn't resist.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I know I just couldnt resist. I was tempted, then I backed off.... then I saw your post haha

I downloaded that desktop updater for 2.27 and when I run it, it says I don't need the update because my device is newer or already has it. I posted a msg over at XDA and then someone replied about the end key, its a known issue.

Now I just want my WM6 back
  10.    #12  
    For now, to get you up and running, you could try the SD method.

The following instructions are from xda-dev

Take CHEEIMG_FW.nbh (it's about 83MB).
    Rename CHEEIMG_FW.nbh to CHEEIMG.nbh
    Format your card to FAT32 (using Windows and card reader).
    Make sure it's FAT32, not FAT(16).
    Copy CHEEIMG.nbh to the formatted card
    Put the card into your Treo. Plug charger to Treo.
    Holding PPT/Media button (one under volume keys) push reset (under card slot) with stylus.
    You should get the bootloader screen (red green blue).
    If you made previous steps right Treo should ask if you want to flash rom.
    Press power button (red) to confirm.
    Watch progress bar while Treo is being flashed (it should take about 15 minutes).
    After upgrade hard reset (reset holding power button, then "up" to confirm).
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/23/2009 at 09:14 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    even if your phone is hardSPL'ed?

Is there any way to make the desktop installer not check for versions so it'll work?

I'm gonna go home today and try to find my 2GB micro SD card with Mini and full size SD adapters. That way I can do the card method the way it is suppose to be done. I tried formatting the card in the phone with a 3rd party app, no go. ALso I have that HardSPL version 1.40 installed hopefully that doesnt cause any issues. I'll post back when done
    Last edited by ShuckyD; 03/24/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    I tried 6.5 on my spare 750 (I had one from work and the speaker died, so they gave me a new one). The old (spare) one w/o a SIM works great with a WIFI card for email and web surfing).

Anyway, on my old one I installed 6.5, fast, but very buggy, and lacking in a number of areas. I went back to 6.1, no problem, but I did use the SD method...
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I'm back. I had to do the SD method. Thankfully it worked because when I pulled my miniSD card out of the converter for the full size SD card I broke some pins because it wouldnt come out easily. So thankfully it worked first try, now I can chuck that converter... whew
    Does anyone have a more recent (and hopefully more straightforward) approach to upgrading T750 to WM6.5 ?

My Treo750 still has the WM6 update from AT&T. They never issued a WM6.1 upgrade either.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Not that i have seen. I still use my 750 as my daily phone, but would like to give 6.5 a shot again, once a ROM has been further developed. (anyone know about this).

Until then I also got another phone (Samsung Epix) with my 2 yr. upgrade, but I dislike it so much it doesnt get used. Although I will give it another shot once Microsoft releases the official WM 6.5 update for it.