Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please post any issues you are having or have had with the EVDO Treo Pro (not unlocked GSM). Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by patkosanke View Post
    Please post any issues you are having or have had with the EVDO Treo Pro (not unlocked GSM). Thank you
    Not having any issues in the Portland OR area. When I'm inside, it may go back to 1x depending on where I'm at, but otherwise no complaints.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so some service issues when indoors.

Other users, please post your issues, concerns, or thoughts about the EVDO Treo Pro.

Thank you ivhs for your feedback
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    It works fine on mine and the tethering.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    This appears to be an existing issue with other Treo Pro's (GSM). I've had my Sprint EVDO Treo Pro for one week. Today the incoming call ringer stopped working. All sounds on the phone work fine, except the incoming call ringer. I triple checked the Sounds And Notifications settings (I haven't changed them since the first day I got the phone). They are set to Ring and the Play sample works fine for all incoming call settings. I set it to vibrate when the sound is on and off and it doesn't vibrate either when a call comes in (with the sound switch on or off).

I've installed Google Maps, Opera 9.5, PDANet, TCPMP, Windows Live, nothing else.

There is a Treo GSM Pro thread on this same issue in TreoCentral discussions, but I can't paste a link due to new poster. Palm Support site thread also mentions the issue, but no response from Palm. If you Google "treo pro incoming calls silent", I got both links in the top 2 results.

Hard reset made the ringer start working again. Then I restored a Sprite backup and it's still working. Sprite backup was from 3 days ago before the silent ringer started; we'll see if the problem recurs. Other posts state that Sprite backup restores the phone to the problem state.
    Last edited by mtcutler; 03/23/2009 at 06:44 PM.
    Battery life is very poor.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    signal is very weak compared to my crappy touch,
    and my touch seemed to pull faster evdo speeds..
    Are you asking about EVDO coverage, or the overall performance of the Sprint Treo Pro? I was confused, most of the time I hear it referred to as the CDMA or just STP.

The last few days I've noticed that my phone will wake up like I have a call or getting a text (screen goes bright). I check it but there is nothing there. I'm wondering if it isn't going out and doing something on it's own. I'm not sure what it could be, since I have it set to do everything manually. I do have BT enabled, but I'm not actively connected to anything, and it is hidden. I wonder if it's possible that is what is going on. Otherwise I'm happy with the phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    re the poor battery life - What 3rd party apps are you using?
    I thought EVDO was always up as long as you were connected to the network and within an area covered by EVDO.

Every time I have to get a data connection, I get pop-up window saying "Dialing #777".

Does anyone else get that/
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    I thought EVDO was always up as long as you were connected to the network and within an area covered by EVDO.

Every time I have to get a data connection, I get pop-up window saying "Dialing #777".

Does anyone else get that/
    That means you are connecting to PowerVision. EVDO is how fast you are going. EVDO is the fastest, but if you can't get a strong enough signal, it will go back to 1x speed, which will replace the EVDO symbol at the top of the screen on your phone.

i originally had an issue where i was not able to connect because i was missing my sprint data username. i called and im thinking they re-entered it for me so i could "update my profile"
    I'm wanting to switch from 800 to STP and have one concern. The STP has less program memory (RAM) than the 800. Has anyone noticed any isues with this? Is it enough for an average power user?
    @Battery life - This device has a larger battery than the touch pro and will last longer then the touch. However the battery life will suck depending on how many apps you run and how oftern the radio is used. For example checking your email every 5, 10 or even 30 minutes will greatly decrease the life as compared to 2 hours. You can always manually check it when you need to. This will come down to Owners Usage and is not an issue.

@Network dialing #777, the device wont stay connected as that would drain your battery like crazy and will disconnect after it has not been used for a period of time. It is normal to dial #777 as that is what is used to connect to the mobile data connection. All phones call #777 but you usually arent shown that its dialing it. That popup is mostly a WinMo thing.
    @System Software Bugs - Always make sure to take a sprite backup before installing apps you arent familiar with, also from time to time. As WinMo is very customizable it is very easy for software to change anything and leave you with a messed up device.

If you face an issue do a hard reset (like the one person above with ringer issue) and then you can restore from Sprite backup. Then if that doesnt fix it I would say you have an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'm wanting to switch from 800 to STP and have one concern. The STP has less program memory (RAM) than the 800. Has anyone noticed any isues with this? Is it enough for an average power user?
    I've not noticed any problems with the memory. I've had a lot of programs opened at once (not intentionally, just didn't close them), and the performance didn't seem to change. I think this device handles memory management better than the 700w, 700wx or 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Are you asking about EVDO coverage, or the overall performance of the Sprint Treo Pro? I was confused, most of the time I hear it referred to as the CDMA or just STP.

The last few days I've noticed that my phone will wake up like I have a call or getting a text (screen goes bright). I check it but there is nothing there. I'm wondering if it isn't going out and doing something on it's own. I'm not sure what it could be, since I have it set to do everything manually. I do have BT enabled, but I'm not actively connected to anything, and it is hidden. I wonder if it's possible that is what is going on. Otherwise I'm happy with the phone.

I think I have the answer to the screen issue that I mentioned. In the apartment I live in, I get spotty EVDO service. But I also seem to be getting spotty Sprint service. It seems that when my phone goes in and out of roaming, my screen lights up. It was on my desk last night when I noticed it doing it's thing. I watched over a few hours, and that is the only change I noticed when it got brighter. Not a big deal, really. Where I'm at, it is on the side of a hill and depending on location, sometimes there is no signal.

Anyone else notice this? Also, today I had the infamous 800w "striped color screen" display, where the display shows vertical color bars on it. It happened when I came out of the screensaver. Couldn't get the phone to do anything, was getting ready to reset when the screensaver kicked back in. When I hit a key to make it go away, the display was normal. This is the only time this has happened but it is something to keep an eye on, given the 800w having a problem like this.

18.    #18  
    I appreciate the feedback so far. Please continue adding.

Thanks
    i'm also experiencing the "ringer not ringing" issue with the STP. haven't performed a hard reset yet though. i get audible SMS/MMS notifications, but no ringer sound or vibration when a call is coming in. I only know someone is calling if i happen to be looking at the screen.

the only other issue i've experienced is while using Opera Mobile 9.5 i've gotten a "not enough memory" message while zooming/scrolling.

80 MB is the total amount of RAM i can see from the task manager and the about screen on the STP.
    Is there any way to increase the length of the data connection timeout? My connection seems to redial after 60 seconds of inactivity, which is pretty unrealistic -- it's essentially redialling every time I request a new page. 5 or 10 minutes would be far more acceptable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast