Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, has anyone ever found out what the difference is between these versions? I did speak to someone who said that there is no difference. I find that hard to believe.......

I do own 2 of the v1.03-STP and I see no problems with it as of yet.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Mine is 1.04-SPT

Hardware Version A

Fireware Version 1.11.30F
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    could the 1.03 be the firmware that was released before Palm pulled all the Sprint Treo Pros from the shelves prior to the Feb 15th release? I'm still curious why they pulled them.
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Most say memory problem.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    So, has anyone ever found out what the difference is between these versions? I did speak to someone who said that there is no difference. I find that hard to believe.......

I do own 2 of the v1.03-STP and I see no problems with it as of yet.
    No one from Sprint or Palm has said what the difference is. The 1.03 was pre-release phones that a few got from Best Buy, the 1.04 is what is being sold now. There were rumours of tweaking the memory but no one has 'fessed up yet to what it changed and what it really accomplished.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #6  
    Well I called Sprint and they were nice enough to hand me to Blackberry support ! The girl I spoke to said there is a link on the Sprint website about the issue. When asked for the link she had no idea......... <SURPRIZE!>

Next up a call to Palm...........

After checking with Level 3 I was told to return the phone to Sprint for a replacement. When I asked why or what the issue was, I was told nothing but a "memory tweak"

I'm about 110% positive that Sprint will not be swapping out any eBay purchased T850WEE-1.03-STP too quickly.

Of the two phones I purchased I have not had any problems that I can see. The only thing is on the one purchased for a friend is that on the taskbar which also shows % of memory used. With nothing running in BG, it said he was still using 57% of available memory. After a soft reset it went to 44%. It almost seems once the memory is allocated it is not given back once that app is closed.

Are any of you 1.04-STP owners seeing this?
    Yes mine starts at 44 and now it has crept up to 52 with no apps running. it was 54 but I had email and calendar running. I closed it and it dropped 2%.

Wonder if there is a memory leak no one is admitting to.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    Yes mine starts at 44 and now it has crept up to 52 with no apps running. it was 54 but I had email and calendar running. I closed it and it dropped 2%.

Wonder if there is a memory leak no one is admitting to.
    I assume you are running T850EWW-1.03-STP?
    Nope... its 1.04
    with no programs running, I am showing 56...after soft reset 47
    Mine is 1.04-SPT

Hardware Version A

Firmware Version 1.11.30F
    Sorry for the multiple posts...anyone have any suggestions on why mine is so high?
  13.    #13  
    Kevin,

My second Pro (1.03-STP) had around the same until a soft reset and then down to 44%.

So then this is not something different between the two versions.
    I'm having the same problem. All programs are closed and I'm at 60% or more. Have to do a soft reset to clear it.
    The 1.03 models when fresh out the boot with less available program memory than the 1.04 models when fresh out the box. The difference is small, but search and you'll find all the old threads where this was all already discussed.

It was a memory issue. Sprint has already advised people with the 1.03 model to go turn it in for a 1.04. I doubt keeping the 1.03 will result in somehow having something superior over the 1.04 models.

Free upgrades are not a bad thing.
  16.    #16  
    What do you thing the Chances are Sprint will swap an eBay 1.03-STP?

"I doubt keeping the 1.03 will result in somehow having something superior over the 1.04 models."

No, I would think it would be the other way around?
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    So, I just ordered a TP from ebay and the seller has already advised me that it's shipped and it's got version 1.03. He told me to refuse delivery and he'll send me one w/ v.1.04 when he gets the v. 1.03 phone back. Do you think it makes sense to do so? I.e., would you just keep the 1.03 or would you refuse delivery and get the 1.04?
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Anyone??
    I noted one ebay seller had pics of the Pro boxes isnde a multople case lot. I sent an email and asked if he would sell 40. He said yes, a futher clarification email reslutied in finding they were 1.03.

Of note Palm has an internal nitice not to support the 103 in the wild.

This means there are probably hundreds of 103 out there, and that they are not individuals who bought Best Buy models and resold the single purchase but some other way or channel large numbers of 1.03 got gray marketed in bulk.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Sounds to me like you will be better off making sure you get the 1.04 version since there have been reports of Sprint and Palm not supporting the 1.03 version. I would hate to see you waste the money like that.
    James

VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast