Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 121 to 139 of 139
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Just won a treo pro for $194 . Don't care if its 1.03 or 1.04 as i have TEP covering me
    Wait...

    If i bought TEP for my 755p and then changed to the Treo Pro, will sprint still honor my TEP?
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Wait...

    If i bought TEP for my 755p and then changed to the Treo Pro, will sprint still honor my TEP?
    Absolutely TEP insurance covers your line of service (telephone number) and not your actual phone. So if you had TEP on your 755 and upgraded to any other phone you would be covered just as long as you have TEP insurance.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Absolutely TEP insurance covers your line of service (telephone number) and not your actual phone. So if you had TEP on your 755 and upgraded to any other phone you would be covered just as long as you have TEP insurance.
    Yup.

    Going further if you don't have TEP now, adding to any newly activated phone on your account within the first 30 days is allowed.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #124  
    Just a minor comment on the differences...

    I compared a 1.03 registry snapshot and a 1.04 snapshot and after eliminating all the device-specific differences, and live-state differences, I can't find anything significant. There are a few minor changes, but nothing that looks like a bugfix.

    Of course that *just* the registry, whatever they changed could have been in the filesystem or the phone firmware. I may write a script to compare two different ROM dumps, but if they did actually recompile the binaries, then it'll be too much work to tell what actually changed.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Just a minor comment on the differences...

    I compared a 1.03 registry snapshot and a 1.04 snapshot and after eliminating all the device-specific differences, and live-state differences, I can't find anything significant. There are a few minor changes, but nothing that looks like a bugfix.

    Of course that *just* the registry, whatever they changed could have been in the filesystem or the phone firmware. I may write a script to compare two different ROM dumps, but if they did actually recompile the binaries, then it'll be too much work to tell what actually changed.
    That would be real helpful even though i doubt there's much of a difference. Has there been anyword of an official rom update that would fix any bugs issues on 1.04?
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
  6. jac6695's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #126  
    Is there a chance that whatever is causing some of us to have "missed" calls what was wrong with the 1.03 phones? Maybe Palm/Sprint/HTC thought they fixed it? I am really getting tired of getting voice mail without a call coming through even with great signal.
    James

    VZW: 700W>700WX>Centro>Samsung Saga> now with Sprint: Touch Pro>Treo Pro>Touch Pro 2
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    Is there a chance that whatever is causing some of us to have "missed" calls what was wrong with the 1.03 phones? Maybe Palm/Sprint/HTC thought they fixed it? I am really getting tired of getting voice mail without a call coming through even with great signal.
    I have read about people with 1.04 having the same missed calls issues. Actually some people with 1.03 have no issues and vice versa. The only real difference i know of as of right now is that 1.04 has 2mb more free. You hide the version information and you cant tell the difference.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Oooh yeah no tax no shipping fees. The funny thing is i some listings where they were charging the NY state 8.3****% tax and some where they weren't. I thought it was mandatory to charge it until i saw a whole bunch of listings without the tax. Can't wait to get my hands on the "Rebel" 1.03 . lol. Touch Pro + "Rebel" Treo Pro = mean and vicious.
    Living in Oregon, we don't have to pay any sales tax on anything, no matter where we purchase it online. Great living in a state with no sales tax. Of course, we have 12.1% unemployment , but that has more to do with the highest minimum wage in the nation, not lack of a sales tax.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Wait...

    If i bought TEP for my 755p and then changed to the Treo Pro, will sprint still honor my TEP?
    They did for me. I dumped the 755p and got a Treo. Didn't even have to ask, they just did it.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Please educate me on why this is such a big deal...my 1.03 works with no issues.
    There are no real issues when it's working fine. It's when it's not working and you need warranty service that the problems start cropping up. Read Dieter's article on the main TC page for more information.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Living in Oregon, we don't have to pay any sales tax on anything, no matter where we purchase it online. Great living in a state with no sales tax. Of course, we have 12.1% unemployment , but that has more to do with the highest minimum wage in the nation, not lack of a sales tax.

    lol talk about lucky when i was trying to purchase the treo on ebay and saw the sales tax only for nyc i was . Luckily i was able to get it without the tax.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
  12. #132  
    I have read this entire thread as I believe I have a 1.03 on its way to me. 2 questions:
    - What is TEP? I assume it is some kind of extended warranty. If so, where do I get it? Sprint?
    - Are the Treos user flashable? I used to have a HTC Touch and users were cooking their own custom roms and flashing them. Anything similar for the Treo that might overwrite any 1.03 problems?
  13. #133  
    TEP = Total Equipment Protection (Yes, it's $7 through Sprint)

    As of now, the Pro's are not flashable yet. Juicy is wanting to cook a ROM but I believe we have yet to surpass the "unlock" issue. I could be wrong on that.
  14. #134  
    You are correct. We are still stuck on the unlock issue. This should be easy to get past if Palm comes up with a upgrade / HardSPL that the cookers can work with.
  15. #135  
    Hi All,
    A while back I swapped my horrid HTC Touch pro for the much superior Treo pro (useability wise). I purchased my Treo Pro on eBay and it ended up being the 1.03 version everyone has spoken about in worried tones.

    I recently purchased my Fiance a 1.04 Treo Pro to replace her equally horrid HTC Touch pro (she had one too many screaming fits at the HTC for her liking and she liked my Treo Pro a lot).

    I was curious to see if there were any apparent differences between the operational functionality of both units and to date, I have seen none that I can ascertain.

    Both phones function flawlessly in all applications. Both phones use the same amount of memory resources (between 55-63% depending on applications) and both seem to exhibit the exact same useability (calls, BT, Sync etc).

    So perhaps I got lucky with my 1.03, but for me...no difference between the two versions (other than the fact that I saved about $200 buying the 1.03)
    TREO 300--->TREO 600--->TREO 650--->TREO 750--->HTC TOUCH PRO--->TREO PRO
  16. #137  
    looks like im the luckiest person here, i got my STP for free from sprint, an accidental upgrade you could call it, i actually got my 800w for free too from sprint, if you have TEP and go to the Sprint Service Center and complain enough, you can make things happen!!
  17. #138  
    also, some might find this interesting.
    wmexperts.com/sprint-treo-pro-104-rom-updater-leaked
  18. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by unclen8 View Post
    looks like im the luckiest person here, i got my STP for free from sprint, an accidental upgrade you could call it, i actually got my 800w for free too from sprint, if you have TEP and go to the Sprint Service Center and complain enough, you can make things happen!!
    Even people without TEP have complained their way from an 800w to a Treo Pro. (Some even had themselves slated for a free upgrade even before the Treo Pro was officially released with Sprint.) Results vary and even many who have TEP have been refused. But good it worked out for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by unclen8 View Post
    also, some might find this interesting.
    wmexperts.com/sprint-treo-pro-104-rom-updater-leaked
    Yea, was discussed here a while back.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...highlight=1.04
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions