Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I called sprint twice and both reps said no issue with bringing the phone in to be flashed to 1.04. I called the local store and they said I could do a swap... I don't have insurance though, so I'm sure he meant "if I had insurance." I'm sure I would not be allowed a swap for some phone off ebay....
    Think I'm fairly satisfied at this point... enough to buy one at least...
    Keep in mind most Sprint stores don't do tech support anymore. the four within 10 miles of me don't and only one about 15 miles away does.

I would suggest you consider getting tep for one month if they don't flash or swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Keep in mind most Sprint stores don't do tech support anymore. the four within 10 miles of me don't and only one about 15 miles away does.

I would suggest you consider getting tep for one month if they don't flash or swap.
    I'm in a large city again... no issue with finding a repair center...

Thanks for the insurance info... much appreciated... I've thought about getting insurance for a month, but I don't think I'll have too...

To be honest, sprint has been good to me... I'd be surprised if they stuck to a hard game and said "no" flash. I'd be amazed, actually. lol... not that it can't happen... I'd be amazed since I don't see it happening.

Heck my account is still in the "negatives" (sprint owes me money) from phones that I've sent back (and the refunds were messed up, but they did eventually refund me)... and I'm now out of contract... they know I'm saving for something... heck, I'm not asking for the money I have with them back... it can stay there for now....
    Last edited by theog; 04/15/2009 at 08:57 PM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I went to 2 major Sprint stores in NYC about 1/2 hour ago. Both of the tech guys looked at me as if I had a strap-on strapped to my forehead when I told them about my problem. They were all totally unaware of the 1.03 early release by Best Buy (I told them I got it from there to make things simple) They seemed extremely knowedgable, and understood what I was asking them. They told me that they simply don't have the current firmware from Palm. They have a special Palm website that they go to and they told me that they would love to flash it for me, but it wasn't available. I went to the Flatiron store (the one on all the Sprint commercials) and the Avenue of the America's (6th Ave) store. I talked with one of the guys for a good 15 minutes, and was convinced that if he had it he would help me out.

Has anyone actually been able to get their 1.03 flashed to 1.04?

Thankfully I'm not really having any problems with 1.03, but of course, would like the newest firmware version.

EDIT: The fact that Sprint doesn't know that the 1.03 firmware exists may help 1.03 owners in the long-run. They'll have no idea what to look for if you bring it in for warranty work. I'm curious to see how many of these are floating around. 100? 1,000? 10,000?
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I went to 2 major Sprint stores in NYC about 1/2 hour ago. Both of the tech guys looked at me as if I had a strap-on strapped to my forehead when I told them about my problem. They were all totally unaware of the 1.03 early release by Best Buy (I told them I got it from there to make things simple) They seemed extremely knowedgable, and understood what I was asking them. They told me that they simply don't have the current firmware from Palm. They have a special Palm website that they go to and they told me that they would love to flash it for me, but it wasn't available. I went to the Flatiron store (the one on all the Sprint commercials) and the Avenue of the America's (6th Ave) store. I talked with one of the guys for a good 15 minutes, and was convinced that if he had it he would help me out.

Has anyone actually been able to get their 1.03 flashed to 1.04?

Thankfully I'm not really having any problems with 1.03, but of course, would like the newest firmware version.

EDIT: The fact that Sprint doesn't know that the 1.03 firmware exists may help 1.03 owners in the long-run. They'll have no idea what to look for if you bring it in for warranty work. I'm curious to see how many of these are floating around. 100? 1,000? 10,000?
    I thought I had read someone saying they had it flashed by sprint no problem. hey maybe that was real or maybe a plant by one of the 103 sellers.

Anyway I would have Sprint tech support open a ticket and ask for a call back from ADS (advanced device support). ASk them to make the 1.4 available on the internal sprint net for the stores to flash you.

You have to get insurance when you activate the phone. I've gotten insurance for a 755p that I purchased off of Craigslist, and used that once to exchange my phone. But it needs to be done within the first 30 days of purchase or activation.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    You have to get insurance when you activate the phone. I've gotten insurance for a 755p that I purchased off of Craigslist, and used that once to exchange my phone. But it needs to be done within the first 30 days of purchase or activation.
    Yes, I know. I was answering someone who had indicated they were contemplating buying off of ebay and concerned about the 1.03 issue.

They could start up the handset, see if it was 1.043, and if so get the insurance and hit the store the next day.
    I thought I had read someone saying they had it flashed by sprint no problem. hey maybe that was real or maybe a plant by one of the 103 sellers.
    I wonder why this site can't get the phones... sell some on ebay and sell directly on this site...

Guess I'm on that kick since I was on here (the store of this site) looking for some quality cases... I went ebay with a phone and got a case for $7 with free shipping and it lasted a month... the one from here I purchased years ago I still have... quality case... still looks new.

Anyway, I'm rambling... yea, I think "someone" did say they had it flashed... I also read that on another site... but as I mentioned, the guy from the sprint store said "swap."

Earlier wildrage listed several issues with his phone... not sure why he/she is not pushing a swap... see what happens....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlee12 View Post
    Reporting to Ebay/Paypal is on my list of next actions if I cannot get the Ebay seller to refund my purchase of a 1.03 version, which I am refusing to receive from the Postal Service. I have asked that a 1.04 version be shipped to replace the unopened 1.03 and the seller has stated he does not know which version he has without opening the box and he will not open the box.
    Still trying to get to a resolution with seller Wil-150. Refused item from USPS as seller was unable or perhaps unwilling to confirm or deny a 1.03 version. Asked him to call Palm with serial number from box in same case and heard nothing. Have not received a response from him in 5 days and refused item on the 9th.

Next step is a call to the Ebay/PayPal Dispute tomorrow.
    Please educate me on why this is such a big deal...my 1.03 works with no issues.
    The education is in reading this thread, and the other one you posted in. They aren't that long.
    Yeah. My 1.03 Pro is having issues, but from what I am reading, they are the same as the 1.04 version. The thing that pisses me off more is the missed calls. So far I only had 1...but I think it's a major issue, and I'm getting 800w flashbacks. I made my SCI and ACCOLC more agressive to see if it helps, which will surely kill my battery faster
    That's a shame wildrage. Luckily no issues here yet. Hopefully all the defective phones ended up in NY, not here in Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I made my SCI and ACCOLC more agressive to see if it helps, which will surely kill my battery faster
    Who told you changing your ACCOLC does anything? That system is not used on Sprint and your ACCOLC is always the last digit of your phone number, so 0-9 is just used to evenly distribute the random seeding of the network.

Changing it has nothing to do with priority over the system and "0 and 1" are not reserved for emergency use. If your phone number ends in 0 or 1, your ACCOLC is 0 or 1 already.

This urban WM legend is up there with "disabling Location Privacy saves battery life!" and "Disabling Today Timeout helps resolve wake up issues"

Now SCI does do stuff, so that's okay.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yes, I know. I was answering someone who had indicated they were contemplating buying off of ebay and concerned about the 1.03 issue.

They could start up the handset, see if it was 1.043, and if so get the insurance and hit the store the next day.
    I realized that after I posted. I thought the quote would have included his question but it didn't.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlee12 View Post
    Still trying to get to a resolution with seller Wil-150. Refused item from USPS as seller was unable or perhaps unwilling to confirm or deny a 1.03 version. Asked him to call Palm with serial number from box in same case and heard nothing. Have not received a response from him in 5 days and refused item on the 9th.

Next step is a call to the Ebay/PayPal Dispute tomorrow.
    Took me while, but I finally received my $ back on the device I refused to accept from USPS as it was 1.03.
    I was just looking over at EBay, and there are a ton of Sprint Treo Pros over there: sprint treo pro, Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I was just looking over at EBay, and there are a ton of Sprint Treo Pros over there: sprint treo pro, Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com
    Indeed...there seems to be 50-70 more auctions today than the last few days. Idreamofwireless and others are dumping these en masse.

I've seen quite a few go for $190 or less in the last few days. Sure, many are 1.03s but damn...that's low.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 04/25/2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Indeed...there seems to be 50-70 more auctions today than the last few days. Idreamofwireless and others are dumping these en masse.

I've seen quite a few go for $190 or less in the last few days. Sure, many are 1.03s but damn...that's low.
    Just won a treo pro for $194 . Don't care if its 1.03 or 1.04 as i have TEP covering me
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    Just won a treo pro for $194 . Don't care if its 1.03 or 1.04 as i have TEP covering me
    can't beat that! plus no tax

this weekend seems to be a good time to get one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    can't beat that! plus no tax

this weekend seems to be a good time to get one of these...
    Oooh yeah no tax no shipping fees. The funny thing is i some listings where they were charging the NY state 8.3****% tax and some where they weren't. I thought it was mandatory to charge it until i saw a whole bunch of listings without the tax. Can't wait to get my hands on the "Rebel" 1.03 . lol. Touch Pro + "Rebel" Treo Pro = mean and vicious.
    Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 700> Treo 755 >Treo 800w> HTC Diamond> Palm Treo Pro > HTC Touch Pro > Blackberry Bold > HTC Touch Pro 2 & Blackberry Tour
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast