Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    I just want everone to know that the new version of iris web browser works pretty well with this device. I am thinking this might replace Opera mini and IE as my default browser.

I haven't noticed anything bad yet however if something pops up I will be sure to post.
    Wow! I'm actually pretty darn impressed!! Had no idea it was developed from webkit.

Torch Mobile is where I downloaded. Can someone confirm this is the newest version?

I think this works even better than opera but I've only used it for a few minutes so far. Feels more like safari on my ipod touch when I put it in desktop mode.
    Last edited by jeremy3721; 03/22/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Looks nice. I'm new to WM so I'll have to play with this one and Opera Mobile for a bit. But I like it so far.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I just installed it on my storage card and it works good!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Do the pages that come down for the Iris browser get pre-processed on a host server (like they do with skyfire browser) or are they completely received and rendered on the device (like with IE & Opera Mobile)? I prefer browsers that do not use a host server in most instances...
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Do the pages that come down for the Iris browser get pre-processed on a host server (like they do with skyfire browser) or are they completely received and rendered on the device (like with IE & Opera Mobile)? I prefer browsers that do not use a host server in most instances...
    I was hooked up to WiFi in my house and it was fast, so I don't think it went through a host.
    It doesn't feel like it's coming through a host. I find skyfire to be a pain in the ****. Iris seems faster than IE or Opera so far. I'm still waiting to find what the catch is. This seems to have come out of nowhere.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Iris is my default browser
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    .... I'm still waiting to find what the catch is. This seems to have come out of nowhere.
    Who knows? Maybe ads will be added later, and to get rid of the ads, you have to purchase it.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    The Iris certainly seems to be running better on my Pro than it did on my 700wx (I uninstalled it off of that after a couple tries at it)-

For speed, efficiency and intuitive browsing, Opera Mini works better for me.

And, even though Skyfire is a headache and inconsistent- it's still the only one that plays embedded video, and even Hulu on a regular basis

Don't even get me started on IE6- I've "cody-toggled" (-that's a verb, right?) out of my life.

Mark
    I tried this on the 800 and I keep getting 'unable to resolve address' errors. any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    This may be a totally easy question to answer; however does anyone know how to cut/copy and paste from this browser??
    So far I'm lovin' it. It's like Opera Mobile on steroids!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Im getting memory issues and it shuts down.
    Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by nitty917 View Post
    Im getting memory issues and it shuts down.
    Anyone else?
    that has happened to me. it happens every now and then.
    Speaking of memory, I like the fact that the cache is in the storage card. I don't have to keep clearing it unlike Opera mobile.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 03/28/2009 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROpcs View Post
    This may be a totally easy question to answer; however does anyone know how to cut/copy and paste from this browser??
    There doesn't seem to be a direct way, bummer. Anyway the only work around I could figure out is to save the page then open it up in another browser which can do c&p
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Any way to import my favorites from PIE to IRIS?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Page Menu->Bookmarks...->Bookmark Menu->Import Bookmarks->From IE seemed to work for me.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Page Menu->Bookmarks...->Bookmark Menu->Import Bookmarks->From IE seemed to work for me.
    Thanks ... I apparently did not look very hard!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast