Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wow.. very nice update.. thanks.

works well on my Plam Treo 800w
    Anyone know what the Tab limit is? On Opera mobile it is 3 but you could get more tabs with Iris.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Anyone got Flash working with Iris?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Anyone know what the Tab limit is? On Opera mobile it is 3 but you could get more tabs with Iris.
    It's 4.

I'm liking Iris so far, but I can't figure out how to organize my bookmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    I'm liking Iris so far, but I can't figure out how to organize my bookmarks.
    I found that you can just tap on any bookmark and drag and drop it further up or down the list. Cool!
    Yes, this is a pretty good browser.

The "fit content to screen" option could use a little work. The "bubble" effect when you select is nice visual confirmation on what has been selected.

That said, it's about as quick as Opera, and on some site, it works better.

The memory issues may be addressable by moving to the cache to the storage card and bumping it up (very simple to do. Make sure you move the cache to the card first, then do a reset, then changes the cache size. Cache size change won't stick if you do it before you move cache location.)

It could be the Treo Pro that is the issue, although I've had plenty of memory left and it will run out; I think some pages are bigger than Iris' configured cache and it chokes. (Pure speculation on my part) I am modifying mine to test.

Can anyone comment on how it works with RealVGA?
    Last edited by mikec; 04/14/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    I found that you can just tap on any bookmark and drag and drop it further up or down the list. Cool!
    Yeah, I can move them up and down but I want to organize them into folders. You can create folders, but I can't figure out how to move the bookmarks into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Yeah, I can move them up and down but I want to organize them into folders. You can create folders, but I can't figure out how to move the bookmarks into them.
    Just "open" up the folder and then drop the book mark into ti
    Update...moving the cache to the storage card and upping the size (ex. to 10MB) seems to help with the memory issue that some people mentioned. Not 100% conclusive, but I have not hit that issue since then. Testing continues...
    Used Iris for awhile and just deleted it. It is not better than Opera Mini in my opinion. Its a bit slow for me.

I also used the #1 Asian browser UCWEB6 and found it to better than Iris but still not better than Opera Mini. You can find that link on wmexperts.com.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Used Iris for awhile and just deleted it. It is not better than Opera Mini in my opinion. Its a bit slow for me.

I also used the #1 Asian browser UCWEB6 and found it to better than Iris but still not better than Opera Mini. You can find that link on wmexperts.com.
    The latest version of has been sped up quite a bit. As far as compared to other WebKit browsers, it's decent. But I still think Opera (Mobile) has the edge. (I'm not much of a Opera Mini fan).

No browser is perfect (they all have features that I like), I guess that's why choice is good.

I think we should separate pre-caching browsers (Opera Mini, SkyFire) from "real-time" browser, at least when it comes to performance. I also think screen size and resolution plays a big role. I prefer a different browser on the Touch Pro than on the Treo Pro.

Again, choice is good.
    Just "open" up the folder and then drop the book mark into ti
    Thanks palmdoc. I must be retarded or something. I tried it several times and it would only drop it above or below the folder.

It's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Update...moving the cache to the storage card and upping the size (ex. to 10MB) seems to help with the memory issue that some people mentioned. Not 100% conclusive, but I have not hit that issue since then. Testing continues...
    Thanks for the tip mikec. I'll give this a try.
    new update is up for iris 1.1.9 is up.
    Torch Mobile Download

i used 1.1.8 and it was a memory hog. i had to completely shut down iris before a page could load fully.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polobreaka View Post
    new update is up for iris 1.1.9 is up.
    Torch Mobile Download

i used 1.1.8 and it was a memory hog. i had to completely shut down iris before a page could load fully.
    I really like Iris Browser, in fact it's my 'default' browser.
    The only thing that drives me crazy is for some reason I can't get any flash videos to play even though it's supposed to be able to do that. Can others view flash videos like that? I still use Skyfire now and again because its video support is great, but I hate the centralized model they use where my bookmarks etc aren't stored locally on the device.
    i installed the latest 1.1.9 and uninstalled after testing it for 5 minutes. im just watching my memory go down. its smooth when finger scrolling but pages load too long. its definitely a memory hog. back to skyfire for me.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polobreaka View Post
    i installed the latest 1.1.9 and uninstalled after testing it for 5 minutes. im just watching my memory go down. its smooth when finger scrolling but pages load too long. its definitely a memory hog. back to skyfire for me.
    Really? I don't have any memory problems with Iris on my GSM Treo Pro. I really don't like the way Skyfire seems to run the browsing through their proxy. Certain web sites just don't come up either like dsl-reports.com.
    probably because the GSM have more memory than the cdma. i like how iris works but its just too slow for me. i dont really like skyfire too much as well but it works the best for me on the sprint TP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12