1.    #1  
    Hi guys. Thanks to tips in this forum I am using JZ Browser/Mortscript to redirect links to the browser of choice, in my case that's Opera mobile and not IE
    This works for links from emails, RSS feeds etc but it does not work for the default Google search in the Today screen.
    Is there some way to change this e.g. a registry setting to call Opera Mobile rather than IE when performing a Google search from the Today screen?
    I know Google Mobile app will do this but it takes up too much real estate on the Today screen. I prefer the nice small default Google search.

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2.    #2  
    Gentle bump. Not possible? Anyone?
    I have Opera Mobile 9.5 installed on my phone and set as the default browser. Whatever I type into the Google Search automatically launches Opera Mobile, not IE. Are you sure Opera Mobile is set as your default browser?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  4.    #4  
    Yes, even setting Opera Mobile as the default browser does not work. I still get IE after typing in the search from the Today screen.
    hmm that's weird. And you're sure it's the Google one, not the default Live Search one right?
  6.    #6  
    I meant the default Search which I thought was Google not Live. The Google mobile app Today plugin works for the new default browser.
    cool problem solved!
  8.    #8  
    Actually not solved since I don't want to use the Google mobile app - it installs only to valuable Ram, looks huge on the Today screen and I need only teh Google search. The default Google search on the treo Pro looks much nicer but for some reason I can't get it to work with Opera Mobile.
    oh ok that's what I was asking. I thought you confused the Google and the Live Search plugins for the Today screen. Both are on the phone by default but Live Search is on the Today screen by default. Actually now that I check, both of them are automatically using whatever the default browser is. Hmmm.... where did you get your copy of Opera Mobile from? Their website or one of the HTC builds?
  10.    #10  
    My Opera Mobile is from the Opera site and the latest official beta
    weird. I dunno what to tell ya. When you click on links in emails do they open Opera or IE?
  12.    #12  
    Links via email or RSS reader (Newsbreak) open up in the default browser or call JSBrowser correctl.y It's just the Today Google search (default, not the Google mobile app) which stubbornly calls up IE.