1.    #1  
    After trying some very beta software, I needed to do a hard reset. So, I figured I'd eliminate a minor annoyance. Every time I've DLed Opera mini 4.2 from the Opera site, it was an unsigned version, which requires a couple of extra taps to get online. Does anyone have a link to a signed copy of 4.2 I can install so I can just open the browser? Thanks.
    How do I install opera mini?

I can't find a cab.

I don't know how to install jad and jar files which is all I can find.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Try operamini.com. Installs dirctly to the Treo. I have installed it. However, Opera mini kept hanging on my Treo Pro so I deleted it.

Good Luck,

Taeget
    it downloaded the jad to my documents.

I tried to click the jad and it says there is not application associated with "mini".
    Opera mobile works fine on the Treo Pro.
    You may need the java .cab file to make it work. The Opera Mini bundle has been posted on this site numerous times. You can a do a search and find it. The .jad file won't work when downloading directly to the device from opera.com. At least it doesn't for every device I own.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    So what is the best, easiest way to get opera mini on my Treo Pro?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
    So what is the best, easiest way to get opera mini on my Treo Pro?
    I had frustration with this too and got some help from sprintusers go to the opera mobile site from your phone and download the 2nd one that installs "gears" and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by fraz; 04/05/2009 at 12:17 PM.
    what is the difference between opera mini and opera mobile?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Choose Opera browser: Mobile or Mini?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I thought mini was for regular phones where as mobile was for smart phones? Mini will run on a smartphone and from what I've read is fast due to the fact it pre-processed content through a proxy server first to format it for mobile use / small screen use, and ideal if you're only interested reading news, text ~ similar I guess to a wap browser. I also read it does not support secure web content.

Mobile is more robust: renders more; supports saving of images and files; tabbed pages; etc.

I'm no expert and I'm sure others will chime in. All I can say is I originally tried mini quite some time back before I realized there was a 'mobile' version, and I did not like it at all. I first used 'mobile' on my Touch Pro and preferred it to IE. I actually installed it on my Treo Pro last night and love the screen / text resizing feature.
    You are always in the s*** -it's just a matter of how deep
    Quote Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
    I thought mini was for regular phones where as mobile was for smart phones? Mini will run on a smartphone and from what I've read is fast due to the fact it pre-processed content through a proxy server first to format it for mobile use / small screen use, and ideal if you're only interested reading news, text ~ similar I guess to a wap browser. I also read it does not support secure web content.

Mobile is more robust: renders more; supports saving of images and files; tabbed pages; etc.

I'm no expert and I'm sure others will chime in. All I can say is I originally tried mini quite some time back before I realized there was a 'mobile' version, and I did not like it at all. I first used 'mobile' on my Touch Pro and preferred it to IE. I actually installed it on my Treo Pro last night and love the screen / text resizing feature.
    So you like opera mobile on the Pro? Where do I get the .cab file from?
    So you like opera mobile on the Pro? Where do I get the .cab file from?
    Opera Mobile - Download

I was also reading about Iris on this forum and intalled that yesterday. Too early to compare just yet though.

Torch Mobile Download
    Quote Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
    Opera Mobile - Download

I was also reading about Iris on this forum and intalled that yesterday. Too early to compare just yet though.

Torch Mobile Download
    Which download do I use, and is there anything else i'll need? (for opera mini)
    Which download do I use, and is there anything else i'll need? (for opera mini)
    The first link was to Opera Mobile. The second to Iris. If you're interested in Opera Mini look at Opera's site. You'll find a download for that there. You'll need to do some research / reading to decide which browser rates higher in user opinion, Treo Pro issues or concerns, etc. Better still, download 'em all and try each and make up your own mind
    Thanks. I want to try opera mini and I have the download, but I need a .cab file to run it....
    Thanks. I want to try opera mini and I have the download, but I need a .cab file to run it....
    A 4 second search on this site, on my Treo 690, AKA Centro, found this thread http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=172869

There is a post with a link to XDA Developers to download Opera Mini with Java .cab file to install it....

thanks
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    A 4 second search on this site, on my Treo 690, AKA Centro, found this thread http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=172869

There is a post with a link to XDA Developers to download Opera Mini with Java .cab file to install it....
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for in the 1st post of this merged thread. No more unsigned multiple taps just to get started. Now, how come I missed that one?