1.    #1  
    Does anyone have experience using phone stereo earbud/headphones with a 2.5mm plug with the 3.5mm Treo Pro jack?

Is it even possible? Several phones (samsung, etc.) have these; stereo earbuds with a mic. They are all 2.5mm.

Is there a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that will allow these to work with the Treo Pro? If not, how do you use a headset (I know I can bluetooth, but sometimes you need the wire.)

Thanks.
    Yes, there is an adapter for 3.5 to 2.5. Mine came with the wired headset I bought, but you've gotta be able to buy it somewhere.
    2.5 was a long standard for mobile phone mono+mic (three pole) and stereo plus mic. (four poll)

I am not aware of the exact pinouts (conductor assignments) of the treo pro. It is likly they are standard and four pole. but you probably want to make sure you get a four pole 2.5 male to 3.5 female adapter if you expect stereo and mic to work.

You could call and ask palm if it is:
    - four pole with mic
    - three pole stereo w/o mic
    - three pole mono w/ mic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    Yes, there is an adapter for 3.5 to 2.5. Mine came with the wired headset I bought, but you've gotta be able to buy it somewhere.
    is yours four pole? do you get stereo and mic (and answer)?

eg: http://pinouts.ru/PDA/treo_7pin_headset_pinout.shtml