Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I currently have the treo 700wx.
    Enjoy having it since i got an upgrade from the Treo 700w.

But I am thinking of getting an Upgrade.
    I am currently with verizon and enjoyed their service so far.
    But I may change providers if its necessary.

I really enjoy the 1 hand operation that I can do with the 700wx and why I was thinking of teh treo Pro.
    But the Pro at this time is Sprint only!
    (I heard Alltel has the Pro ... so thinking it is only a matter of time before Verizon gets it as it has acquired Alltel).

So in short.
    I would liek to know what are the Pros and Cons of a Treo Pro vs HTC Pro vs Samsung Omnia.
    What would be considered the best PocketPC?
    (Need windows OS due to all programs I am running in it.)
    The Touch Pro is not 1-handed. As for reliability, I have no complaints with it. Samsung Mobile USA - Samsung Omnia™ Product Details is a current link for the Omania.
    I can't speak for the Omnia. As bclinger said, the Touch Pro isn't as one-handed as the Treo; however, TouchFlo3D allows you to complete many functions with one hand, and I use the compact qwerty on-screen KB for short text input.

On the other hand, the Touch Pro has a couple of other advantages that made it a better choice for me, such as larger (and simply gorgeous) screen, and TVout capability, which I use more than I thought, because I can project video from my Touch Pro to my basement TV (which has no cable reception) while I work out.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    The Touch Pro very much IS a one handed device, IF you can adjust to using a soft qwerty keyboard.

And no device has as large a mass of hackers working to improve it night and day as the Touch Pro/Diamond.
    I have tried diligently to get use to the soft qwerty keyboard - sometimes I hit the mark, most of the time I do not. Otherwise it is a heck of a device.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have tried diligently to get use to the soft qwerty keyboard - sometimes I hit the mark, most of the time I do not. Otherwise it is a heck of a device.
    But how many soft qwerty keyboards have you tried ? Really you have to find the soft qwerty that works best for you. If you can do that, then you'll be good to go.

SPB Keyboard (My personal favorite.)
    TouchPal (Probably the most popular of the 3rd party keyboards, but I'm not a fan.)
    Resco Keyboard

And there's lots of others to try.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Which runs faster? smoother?
    Has best battery life?
    Most reliable?
    etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    Which runs faster? smoother?
    Has best battery life?
    Most reliable?
    etc.
    Of course only someone who has used all 3 could provide an answer based on experience.
    Smartphones comparison chart

(See the full specifications link at the bottom of each for full details.)
    Based on my experience with the Touch Pro and the Treo Pro, the Treo Pro runs smoothly with less lag and has much better battery life, based on how I use it. I have the same apps running on both and the Treo hasn't had me running to a charger yet, outside of the 1st day where I was playing with it all day )
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    For some reason, I have to have a real qwerty keyboard. I just hate on-screen qwerty keyboards.
    Keep in mind, it seems the OP is talking about the GSM models of these devices. Some of you talking about the Treo Pro are talking about the Sprint Treo Pro, which does not have the same specs as the GSM model.

I know most of us who have left comments, myself included are speaking about experiences with the Sprint version of respective devices.
    Here's a good comparison of the 1st two (GSM versions): http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma...o_pro_and.html
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Keep in mind, it seems the OP is talking about the GSM models of these devices. Some of you talking about the Treo Pro are talking about the Sprint Treo Pro, which does not have the same specs as the GSM model.

I know most of us who have left comments, myself included are speaking about experiences with the Sprint version of respective devices.
    That's a good point! I added mine to my siggy.
    Last edited by palandri; 03/23/2009 at 12:06 PM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I tried 2 of those you listed, TouchPal and Resco Keyboard without any joy. I will give SPB a try. Thank you for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    But how many soft qwerty keyboards have you tried ? Really you have to find the soft qwerty that works best for you. If you can do that, then you'll be good to go.

SPB Keyboard (My personal favorite.)
    TouchPal (Probably the most popular of the 3rd party keyboards, but I'm not a fan.)
    Resco Keyboard

And there's lots of others to try.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I went to the VZW store and played with both the HTC Pro and Omnia.
    Checked the specs of all 3 online.
    I then decided to get Omnia in the end for $50!
    Sweet! $50 sounds like a pretty good deal
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I was going to buy my wife an Omnia also, but she likes lower tech stuff and will probably not use the broadband applications.
    So I got her a Samsung Flipshot for $100 for her upgrade
    Cuz she is in a secondary line, the Omnia would have caused $100 for her also

TBH, she wanted me to get her 1 of the Free phones they Offer.
    But I know she likes to take random pics with her phone so I got her the 3.0MP Flipshot and going to tell her I got it for Free!
    Last edited by Kilim; 03/24/2009 at 03:56 PM.