1.    #1  
    I have had it for 2 days (former Treo 300, 600, 700wx and 800w user).

First the bad:

1. Initially I was frustrated. I could not get Activesync working properly...I had to add certificates for work, it would default to encrypted e-mail messages...terrible time. I finally gave up and did a "hard reset"...reloaded everything and then it worked just fine!

2. Also...not used to how slick/slippery the phone is. It is almost an accident waiting to happen, I actually went to a Sprint store and they had one of those 2 piece cases and belt-clip for it. It fit very well..I like it, however, it almost was more slippery than the phone itself...I opted not to buy the case at this time. I want a more "rubberized...grippy feel".

3. I am not happy at all about not being able to put the "speed-dial" options on the Today Screen (with picture speed dial also). My two previous Treo's did this and it was extremely convenient. Not sure why this is not a feature???

4. And...I cannot remove the Sprint item which display if WiFi and Bluetooth is on or off!!! It takes up a lot of valuable Today Screen real estate and is essentially useless to me...I would much rather have to tap a few keys to find this info and have other options available to me on the Today Screen...ugh.

5. A little rough getting used to stylus access from bottom right of the device.

6. It feels like the internet is a little slower...can't be too sure but just feels a bit sluggish.

7. No emoticons on SMS...the 800w had it and I liked them.

8. Lastly...keyboard smaller than previous Treo's...I do a lot of e-mail on the go and this is a slight step back...will take some getting used to.

Now the Good (and I wouldn't have said this 24 hours ago)...but I think the good outweighs the bad!

1. Stability...after the initial hard reset...this phone has been solid! Iwas "soft" resetting my 800w at least 3-5 times a day.

2. Battery life...far superior than the previous models.

3. Phone and Bluetooth volume...MUCH better than 800w!

4. In call features are pretty cool (I really like the notes part).

5. I am getting used to the slick feel.

6. Cool looking phone

7. Slimmer design than previous Treo's...very nice.

All in all...I have not had the chance yet to really test the multi-media capabilities...I am more of a business user, however, I do travel quite a bit and would really like to see how it handles music and movies (in flight). The screen resolution is not the best available...neither is the camera.

I think, at this moment I give it a 7.5 out of 10. Not bad...but not quite what I expected.
    Welcome to TC!

Yes the Treo Pro is Rock Solid.

For #4 try "CodyPPC_Wireless_Plugin_Control.cab"
    Located here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1572687-post36.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have finally given up on the HTC Touch PRO. I love the hardware... But it is just to buggy even with the various roms I've loaded from ppcgeeks. The battery life is HORRIBLE. So I have come back to the Palm Treo PRO and so far It has blown away the Touch PRO. I really missed that Palm Keyboard!
    I'm working on #7

Porting the 800w sms to the Pro.
    Welcome to TC eagleinx , Thanks for your review.

Phil
  6.    #6  
    Ugh...I don't know how to install CAB file. I think I have it on my SD card (I go to Programs, File Explorer, My Device, Storage Card, (I created a CAB Folder) and the two items are there.

_setup
    WIRELE~1

When I click on setup...it takes me to a screen that shows what looks to be a program???

Now what do I do?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm working on #7

Porting the 800w sms to the Pro.
    And it continues....

And thanks for the post eagleinx
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  9.    #9  
    Got the CAB file installed (not sure how...but did it through activesysnc!

Very simply allowed me to "un-check" that "wireless option on the today screen...and viola'!

Now...can we get Picture Speed-Dial...or just Hot Key Speed Dial to work like it did on the 700wx and 800w??
    I had a 700 Treo before, I have an unlocked Treo Pro now, setup through T-mobile. Let me see what I can relate to:

1. I had no problem with Active Sync.

2. I agree it's more slippery. I haven't dropped mine yet (knock on wood)

3. I never put speed dial numbers on my Today screen in the past.

4. I have no carrier information on my Today screen

5. I agree, the stylus on the bottom was very hard to get use to . In fact, I purchased two extra stylus' because i was afraid of losing it, but I haven't lost my stylus yet.

6. My internet data is good through T-mobile. I do use the WiFi a lot at home and at Cafe's/ Restuarants, if it's available.

7. I didn't have emoticons for SMS on my 700.

8. I agree, I liked the keyboard better on my 700, but I am use to the Pro now.

I am real happy with the battery life and the slimness of the Pro.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've had every treo since the 600. I used the PPC6800 for a while and after the bad experience I had with the 800w, I had moved to an HTC Pro. Now, I'm on the Treo Pro. Got it two days ago. Overall, I feel that the phone is solid, if unspectacular.

320x320 screen is a letdown coming from the HTC Pro, but what wouldn't be? The camera sucks as well, but I don't use the phone for video, nor do I use it for photos regularly.

I got tired of the sluggish performance of the HTC Pro. Delays in switching from Portrait to landscape. Sluggish internet, and Touchflow. I'm not a huge fan of software keyboards, and never got used to the ones on the HTC Pro.

I'm at home on the Treo Pro, albeit with a few disappointments. I knew that this Treo wouldn't have the Palm customizations. Windows Mobile 6.1 is much better than the original WM that I used on the 700wx. IE6 is a mixed bag. Yahoo won't work for me because it keeps sending me to the mobile portal, that hasn't been customized for the new browser.

Battery life which had been horrendous on the HTC Pro is great on the Treo. On the HTC Pro, I had turned off WiFi and GPS in order to save battery life and I still couldn't get through a day. On the treo, I haven't had to do anything.

I'm not in love with the Treo Pro, to be honest, but it goes back to the original reason I liked the Treo line... Simple and functional. It does what I need it to do.

The Keyboard is more cramped than before, but I am getting used to it. I still have my HTC Pro. I'm not a tinkerer, though... Custom roms mean nothing to me, so maybe I am the wrong person to have that phone.

I have thirty days to decide what to keep. Right now, I'm thinking the Treo will win... I could switch between the two to decide better (that would be too much work ).

Sorry about the long winded rant... I'm just glad to be back to the form factor that got me to using smartphones in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    I'm not in love with the Treo Pro, to be honest, but it goes back to the original reason I liked the Treo line... Simple and functional. It does what I need it to do.

I'm not a tinkerer, though... Custom roms mean nothing to me, so maybe I am the wrong person to have that phone.

I have thirty days to decide what to keep. Right now, I'm thinking the Treo will win... I could switch between the two to decide better (that would be too much work ).

Sorry about the long winded rant... I'm just glad to be back to the form factor that got me to using smartphones in the first place.
    My sentiments exactly! I dunno if I could've said it better myself.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I would love to jump on the Treo Pro right now.. but it's the keyboard thats stopping me... I had a Centro at one point.. and I had to get rid of it because the keyboard sucked monkey balls for me. The feel and size was all bad
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    I'd try it anyway. It's not that similar to a Centro keyboard.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!