1.    #1  
    Does anyone else experience this issue or know of a fix. When I receive a SMS on my sprint treo pro, and I press reply, it places the cursor by default on the last message received, rather than in the text box to begin typing.

So if you press reply and start typing right away, the first character is not received because the focus is on the last message received instead of the empty text box where you compose your reply. I find this quite annoying and was not the case on the 800w.
    This drives me mad... I have also noticed that the space button sticks sometimes... I have to push the buttons on this harders to register. I miss my emotes as well. I hope someone brings sms from the 800w over to the Pro. I get annoyed that I can't highlight multiple emails and mesages with the touch screen to delete them like I could with the 800w. You have to click select all and such now.
    Also, if someone sends you multiple texts, you can't just open it up and read them to clear it, you have to scroll up and "touch" each text or it won't get marked as read in the Today screen. Kindda annoying.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes it is. I thought I am seeing double.

This is a test to see how soon Palm will fix it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92 View Post
    Does anyone else experience this issue or know of a fix. When I receive a SMS on my sprint treo pro, and I press reply, it places the cursor by default on the last message received, rather than in the text box to begin typing.

So if you press reply and start typing right away, the first character is not received because the focus is on the last message received instead of the empty text box where you compose your reply. I find this quite annoying and was not the case on the 800w.
    This frustrates the hell out of me! Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    Hannip stated in another thread his next project is porting the 800w threaded sms over to the Pro.

To add to the list of anoyances how about when you click "new" message in text messaging only to have it initially highlight "video message" instead of sms-making you have to hit the up button to select sms.

You can see much of this os is finger orientated and palm did little to optimize it for the traditional treo experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    This frustrates the hell out of me! Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    This would all be fixed if they just allowed you to disable threaded SMS, like they did in the 800w and 755p.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I also hate losing the first character of a reply. I have learned to hit a key before typing. Usually down on the d-pad. I could live with this if I could adjust the text size of the thread. I am used to seeing my entire message before hitting send...not the last few words only (upgraded from 700wx). Anyone found a fix for this or a third party app we could use until (or if) Palm fixes this?
    I even found that when you send a text sometimes, it counts the text I sent as a message. I then have to look at my own text to clear it from the today screen.