Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my first treo pro last monday. But I had to return it because it had a dead pixel. I got my second one yesterday.

Things I noticed about this phone.
    #1. A lot slimmer than the 700wx

#2. Is it me or does the screen look smaller than 700wx?

I don't like.
    The black glossy coating.
    The cheap feeling buttons
    The power button on top, to turn off the screen: I rather use the red button.

I like.
    The computer charging the phone.
    Internet sharing with bluetooth is so much faster.
    Better looking Today menu.
    Threaded SMS, without a hack.
    Preinstalled games.

This phone wasn't an essential upgrade for me. I'm happy with the upgrade, but if I didn't get a discount I wouldn't have gotten it.
    The screen resolution isn't a "Pro" for you compared to the 700wx. Seeing them side by side, I'm surprised at how good the 700 still looks. I haven't had that phone for 2 years or so.
    "The power button on top, to turn off the screen: I rather use the red button."

You don't have to use the power button on top to turn off the screen. Hit the Red power while in any screen and the phone returns to 'Today.'
    Hit the Red power button again and the phone locks and turns off the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    The screen resolution isn't a "Pro" for you compared to the 700wx. Seeing them side by side, I'm surprised at how good the 700 still looks. I haven't had that phone for 2 years or so.
    I hear you - I loved my 700wx, it was an absolute workhorse. It did what it needed to, and it did it well. It just outgrew my needs.

I'm pretty sure the screens were the same size, however, the resolution is upgraded on the 800w and the Pro. You'll notice a lot more can fit into a much smaller space now, and still manage to look way better than the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Glossy body and cheap buttons ... I am with you on this.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I had the 700 for 2 and1/2 years and was very wary about switching- it did everything I needed, but was getting overworked- starting to feel like an old PC, getting slightly sluggish, and slow to switch programs- I got tired of needing shorter intervals between considering a hard reset, and reloading completely or from my Sprite Backup- I looked at the touch Pro in the store- but in the few minutes I played with the demo- I saw that checkerboard 3 times- gave me a bad feeling- so I ordered the Treo Pro-
    so far I love it-
    What keeps being referred to as cheap keys aren't cheep at all- they are better than the 700 keys- they had a rounded feel that made my fingers feel barely balanced on-the Pro's keys have a distinct flexible tactile-ness to it-I can glide across the keys, but still feel them indivdually, and engage them with my fingernail- something that was impossible with the 700-
    Yes, the body picks up fingerprints- if that's your biggest problem, get something prettier -I want something that works- and this phone hasn't disappointed so far-
    It's fast, responsive, small and clear-
    My only complaint was IE6- damn thing should still be in beta testing-
    that problem was solved with codyppc's Internet toggle, and downloading my personal favorite Opera Mini-
    Gps, WiFi, beautiful screen (I measured- exactly the same size as the 700, but with more available real estate thanks to the 320x320)- I thought I'd like the bigger screen- but the form and function of the front face is what I need and am happy with.
    Color me one happy consumer. (and I got to renew my Sero for 2 more years, I was afraid they'd try and take it away from me)

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 03/22/2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    the Pro's keys have a istinct flexible tactile-ness to it-I can glide across the keys, but still feel them indivdually, and engage them with my fingernail-

this phone hasn't disappointed so far-
    that problem was solved with codyppc's Internet toggle, and downloading my personal favorite Opera Mini-
    Gps, WiFi, beautiful screen (I measured- exactly the same size as the 700, but with more available real estate thanks to the 320x320)- I thought I'd like the bigger screen- but the form and function of the front face is what I need and am happy with.
    Color me one happy consumer. (and I got to renew my Sero for 2 more years, I was afraid they'd try and take it away from me)

Mark
    Great Post!
    I especially agree regarding the keys/buttons.
  8.    #8  
    I had the 700 for 2 and1/2 years and was very wary about switching- it did everything I needed, but was getting overworked- starting to feel like an old PC, getting slightly sluggish, and slow to switch programs- I got tired of needing shorter intervals between considering a hard reset, and reloading completely or from my Sprite Backup- I looked at the touch Pro in the store- but in the few minutes I played with the demo- I saw that checkerboard 3 times- gave me a bad feeling- so I ordered the Treo Pro-
    so far I love it-
    What keeps being referred to as cheap keys aren't cheep at all- they are better than the 700 keys- they had a rounded feel that made my fingers feel barely balanced on-the Pro's keys have a distinct flexible tactile-ness to it-I can glide across the keys, but still feel them indivdually, and engage them with my fingernail- something that was impossible with the 700-
    Yes, the body picks up fingerprints- if that's your biggest problem, get something prettier -I want something that works- and this phone hasn't disappointed so far-

Mark

I'm sure Treo Pro glossy body is meant to be pretty, so I don't see your argument to get a prettier phone.

The keys are a lot harder to press down, and not as firm as the 700wx keys.

I've also noticed the battery life doesn't last as long as the 700wx's.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    "The power button on top, to turn off the screen: I rather use the red button."

You don't have to use the power button on top to turn off the screen. Hit the Red power while in any screen and the phone returns to 'Today.'
    Hit the Red power button again and the phone locks and turns off the screen.
    It doesn't instantly turn off the screen. I need to press the power button to do that.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    I'm sure Treo Pro glossy body is meant to be pretty, so I don't see your argument to get a prettier phone.

The keys are a lot harder to press down, and not as firm as the 700wx keys.

I've also noticed the battery life doesn't last as long as the 700wx's.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the buttons-
    The battery does seem to run out a bit quicker- but I had problems with the 700wx battery also the first few months, as I tweaked it etc. I eked out lnger battery life- so we'll see how that works out-
    I keep it charging in the car and at night, so it's never out when I need it.
    Mark
  11.    #11  
    We'll have to agree to disagree on the buttons-
    The battery does seem to run out a bit quicker- but I had problems with the 700wx battery also the first few months, as I tweaked it etc. I eked out lnger battery life- so we'll see how that works out-
    I keep it charging in the car and at night, so it's never out when I need it.
    Mark
    I turned turned the backlight to very dim and now it looks like it'll last 2 days with minimal usage, but with push mail on.

Not as much as my 700wx, but I can live with that. I also noticed that charging the phone on the computer takes ages!
    The glossy body on the pro does get a lot prints on it quick. It really bothers my wife, and she is cleaning her's all the time, but it really doesn't bother me.

I liked the whole keypad pad better on my 700, but I am use to the pro now. The keypad on the pro really bothered me at first, but I am use to it now.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I been shinning my phone whenever I can.

I still hate the plasticity of the keyboard!
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I been shinning my phone whenever I can.

I still hate the plasticity of the keyboard!
    Yeah, I'm definitely missing the 800w keyboard, but I like that I have the right shift key back.
    So now that I got the Pro in the mail, what do I need to do? Sync my old 700p then plug in the Pro and re-sync with that?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    I went from a 700p to a Touchpro to an 800W. I thought I was getting used to the 800W but I was playing with a Palm TX and it reminded me of how much I missed the Palm operating system. Everything just seems to take longer to get to in WM and screen real estate doesn't seem to be used as efficiently.

Anyway, I thought I would just put up with the 800W, but now I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Every second or third call I receive causes the 800W to lock up and I need to do a soft reset. Also, the alarm doesn't always work. It's to the point that I'm ready to try something else.

My first question is whether or not the Treo Pro has any stability issues. Has anybody had it lock up on incoming calls.

Second question is, how is the actual usability? I'm seriously considering going to a 755p, or even though I don't want to carry 2 devices again, a Palm TX and LG Lotus.
    I hope it works.
    Just ordered on the way for 150.00 no mail in rebate needed with clip holster for 15.00 bucs
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    I went from a 700p to a Touchpro to an 800W. I thought I was getting used to the 800W but I was playing with a Palm TX and it reminded me of how much I missed the Palm operating system. Everything just seems to take longer to get to in WM and screen real estate doesn't seem to be used as efficiently.

Anyway, I thought I would just put up with the 800W, but now I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Every second or third call I receive causes the 800W to lock up and I need to do a soft reset. Also, the alarm doesn't always work. It's to the point that I'm ready to try something else.

My first question is whether or not the Treo Pro has any stability issues. Has anybody had it lock up on incoming calls.

Second question is, how is the actual usability? I'm seriously considering going to a 755p, or even though I don't want to carry 2 devices again, a Palm TX and LG Lotus.
    no lockups. runs nice.

very usability, if you like wm. a lot of POS people get furtrated and go back. POS is easy but boaring.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I hope it works.

what do you mean "hope it works"? if it dont get a new one. lol.

or do you mean " hope this works for ME"? (blackberry user)
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what do you mean "hope it works"? if it dont get a new one. lol.
    No dead pixel , batt gets me through day without having to charge and I can deal with keyboard cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    or do you mean " hope this works for ME"? (blackberry user)
    hehe you come across as Ive never used wm before lol.
    you better lay off or I will bring a CB member over here..one of your old BBM friends lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast