Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    No dead pixel , batt gets me through day without having to charge and I can deal with keyboard cramp.

hehe you come across as Ive never used wm before lol.
    you better lay off or I will bring a CB member over here..one of your old BBM friends lol

ok ok. i hope it works for ya too.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    no lockups. runs nice.

very usability, if you like wm. a lot of POS people get furtrated and go back. POS is easy but boaring.
    People keep saying that about POS, but other than the Today screen, what's more interesting in WM? First thing they need to do is get rid of the Start button.

POS might be old, but it sure is easy to get things done with it. Palm had a winner if they wouldn't have ignored it for the past 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwrob View Post
    POS might be old, but it sure is easy to get things done with it. Palm had a winner if they wouldn't have ignored it for the past 5 years.
    They took the POS as far as they could... maybe even a bit further than what they were suppose to...

WM simply rocks... I'd say it is the best mobile OS around right now... for me anyway.... I simply hate my BB... did not like iphone...

I like the start button in WM... but that is me...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    My Pro arrived on door step 24hr after ordered
    I'm digging it lots ,the keyboard was my biggest worry that is no more....I love it!
    Will give full review in couple days.
    I just have to say it is absolutley amazing seeing faces I hadn't seen for awhile coming out of the woodwork to talk about the Pre.
    But it's equally amazing to see so many coming over from wherever they came from for the Treo Pro.
    I left TC to explore other territory and then came back. The 750 forums were practically a ghost town. I got the Gsm Treo Pro and said Wow! this device is fantastic! I kept hoping more would get onboard so we could start tweaking this thing. Seeing all the old time tweakers here making the move to the Treo Pro, and then saying they like it, just makes me bubble over with joy.

Berd
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I just have to say it is absolutley amazing seeing faces I hadn't seen for awhile coming out of the woodwork to talk about the Pre.
    But it's equally amazing to see so many coming over from wherever they came from for the Treo Pro.
    I left TC to explore other territory and then came back. The 750 forums were practically a ghost town. I got the Gsm Treo Pro and said Wow! this device is fantastic! I kept hoping more would get onboard so we could start tweaking this thing. Seeing all the old time tweakers here making the move to the Treo Pro, and then saying they like it, just makes me bubble over with joy.

Berd
    I came over from the HTC Titan, I still have it but won't for long.
    As soon as I get home from offshore I will be picking up my Pro.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    ok ok. i hope it works for ya too.
    OK Cody, I enjoy watching you move between phones and forums. I got my Treo Pro 2 weeks ago and can't get over how washed out the screen looks like compared to my Touch Pro.

Anyhow, I defected from Palm when I found out that the 800w's problems would never be resolved. I was pretty pissed with them. I moved to the Touch Pro and have a love/hate with this device. I have recently gotten my Mom and Wife 8330 Curve's and am very envious of the stabilty and battery life.

I find myself hoping the Pre is is great as I am told or I think I will move to the Niagra BB.

Your thoughts?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    OK Cody, I enjoy watching you move between phones and forums. I got my Treo Pro 2 weeks ago and can't get over how washed out the screen looks like compared to my Touch Pro.

Anyhow, I defected from Palm when I found out that the 800w's problems would never be resolved. I was pretty pissed with them. I moved to the Touch Pro and have a love/hate with this device. I have recently gotten my Mom and Wife 8330 Curve's and am very envious of the stabilty and battery life.

I find myself hoping the Pre is is great as I am told or I think I will move to the Niagra BB.

Your thoughts?
    Hey Kash, I'm with you on the HTC Pro and the Treo Pro. I'm still torn. The usability of the Treo is so much better than my HTC Pro, but I never did any customizing... I just installed SPB Mobile Shell on the Treo, and now am wondering if that solution would have made my experience with the HTC Pro more enjoyable...

My wife hates me though, I'm sitting on two treo pros and an htc pro at home, all new... Bah....
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just got my Pro yesterday and so far I am really liking it. I went from a 755P to this phone and everyone is right about the keyboard, it is not a good feeling one but since I do not type much, not really a deal breaker for me. One thing that it does have all over the 755p is the audio quality, the 755p just suxs compared to the pro and since I stream internet radio all the time, it is a BIGGIE for me and to have a 3.5mm plug is AWESOME. Also, having a 3g network is a big plus, streaming is very fast and I do not get dropouts where I use to. I have not installed many apps yet, just Resco Radio but will give more feedback as I use it more.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    Hey Kash, I'm with you on the HTC Pro and the Treo Pro. I'm still torn. The usability of the Treo is so much better than my HTC Pro, but I never did any customizing... I just installed SPB Mobile Shell on the Treo, and now am wondering if that solution would have made my experience with the HTC Pro more enjoyable...

My wife hates me though, I'm sitting on two treo pros and an htc pro at home, all new... Bah....
    Yep, my wife alway just rolls her eyes when she sees a new phone in my hands
    Kash76

Berd
    I would pull the trigger, but I'm still concerned about the Sprint Pro's reception issues...

Even on the PC mag story TC has posted, the reception issue is listed as a "con."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post

Your thoughts?

yes i will admit, i get around. i have been looking for that perfect phone for a long time. one good thing is pda's have a good resell value.

the touch did have an awesome 320x420 vga screen, but with that came a horried battery life. i just couldn't do it. blackberry is and will always be the BEST for stability and battery life, but there is more to life than just that. i enjoyed the year or so with blackberry, but always felt as if i was missing something. i tried to leave with the touch pro, diamond, and 800w, but at that time it was just too much of a battery/stability downgrade. yes, i will say that the treo pro compaired to the stability/battery of the blackberry is a downgrade, but with all the extra goodies that come with a mindows mobile phone is see it as an upgrade all in all. I am a windows mobile guy that just drifted for a while.

as for the screen of the treo pro.... it may not be as pretty as the touch pros 320x480 vga screen, but i wouldn't want that. the larger processors, screens, ect, take too much battery for todays batteries. a person needs to weigh out whats important to them. one device may work for one person and not for the other.

i'm happy with the treo pro and will be keeping it for a while. i am even more happy with sprint. i love the price i pay for service. with that said, i will be tring out the pre when it comes out. there is too much we dont dont know about it to say if it will replace my treo pro or not. since i'm with sprint and since i'm a phone junkie, i got play when it comes out.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree' finding that balance is a tough one. I want all my functionality but want baterry life and am tired of buying $70 batteries for every phone.

The adventure continues!
    Kash76

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I would pull the trigger, but I'm still concerned about the Sprint Pro's reception issues...

Even on the PC mag story TC has posted, the reception issue is listed as a "con."
    you cant let a few silly reviews ruin it for ya. the treo pro has fine reception. i haven't lost a call since it came out. you also cant let the signal meter fool ya.

for example... if the signal meter read like this on two different phones you would have two different signal readings with really the same signal..

phone a
    100%-90% = 5 bars
    89%- 80% = 4 bars
    79%-70% = 3 bars
    69%-40% = 2 bars
    39%-20% = 1 bars
    19%-0% = 0 bars

phone b
    100%-80% = 5 bars
    79%- 60% = 4 bars
    59%-40% = 3 bars
    39%-20% = 2 bars
    19%-10% = 1 bars
    9%-0% = 0 bars

85 % on phone a would be 5 bars while phone b would be 4 bars. meters can be decieving. the only wat to really tell is by finding the "dbm". on windows mobile, sprint anyhow, you can go to keypad and dial ##DUBUG# and see the Rx power. you can also get to it by using the "feildtrial" in your windows folder if "show all files is enabled.

in english, it not all that bad.

thak a look at this thread. note post 4 and 16.

Berd
    well, i know i can speak for slingbox and my self when i say.... it's good to be welcomed back. treocentral has always been my favorite forum.
    well, i know i can speak for slingbox and my self when i say.... it's good to be welcomed back. treocentral has always been my favorite forum.
    +1
    My fav as well.

Now to 24hr Pro review.

My biggest worry about Pro was battery and keyboard.

Pro Keybords not the prettiest yet gets job done well.
    Ive found it to be very smooth..better then Blackberry Curves believe it or not.
    I gave battery full charge then giving full work out in calls ,sms ,mms,loading apps ,telanav etc.Battery is just as good as WX , It got me about 7 hours which is fantastic for first charge.

The unexpected

Pro is well built yet has one major setback ,The screen
    It appears washed out with very shallow blacks compared to WX and Curve.
    I took outside finding that Pro screen very hard to view compared to WX and Curve ,
    Just to make sure I didn't receive dud I stopped by Sprint store.Manager was packing one and both screens appeared the same.

Pro OS lag bothers me...a couple examples

1:Holding 1key taking you to call screen for vmail ugly jag is present.
    When you end call screen lags 5-10 secs before going back to today screen.If you push end key twice presto today screen appears.I find it very odd WM cant make simple task simple.

2:I have Weatherbug direct installed looking pretty on today screen ,When you close today screen menu it jag lags on WB.

Some may think im being picky but that's not the case,
    No Os is perfect but smooth operation on phone feature should be expected...I would love to know when Microsoft will figure that out ,they want to provide it all yet fail to deliver sound basics.
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/28/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    My Touch Pro has been falling into 1x lately and isn't snapping back like it usually does.
    Kash76

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I don't think this reception issue is all that big of a deal. But reading all the posts has me thinking about. Has any of you came from an HTC Titan or in my case Alltel PPC-6800 and can give me your opinion about reception between the two.
    Thanks
    Tim
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I installed wmwifirouter today on the Pro and went to one of my favorite speed test sites via my PC while connected to the Pro, got a 800k down and 375k up, not bad for sprints network
    Just to chime in on the signal strength. My office is right on the fringe of a evdo signal. I've used the HTC Touch, Diamond, Touch Pro and now a Treo Pro to make calls and I'd say the Treo Pro works excactly the same as all those other devices.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast