Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo Alert Pro 9.0 beta10 is now available.

Xcast fixed!

Now uses the Treo Pro LED thanks to zbop!!!

This version of Treo Alerts supports the Treo Pro. It also maintains compatibility with all other WM Treos and most other WM PPC phones.

Choose from using the standard carrier plugin or try switching to the Billboard plugin in the Display Configuration.
    Note that TA will disable the carrier plugin when choosing Billboard, but you can switch back if so desired.

Notes:
    If you are using spb mobile shell or any other app that displays your voice mail counts you'll want to avoid using the beacon LED setting for anything other than voice mail. To activate the beacon the voice mail count is set to 1. TA keeps state on when there is a real voice mail or not, but other apps will not know this.

See this post for how to customize the vibration settings
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1477013-post161.html

See this post for how to determine your weather city code if you don't have a zip code (for our intl friends).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1566421-post833.html

What is Treo Alert you ask? Here are some of the features:
    - Highly configurable program that adds reminders and alerts for various system events such as pending Voice Mail, Missed Calls, SMS, Email and other reminders such as Calendar reminders and Alarms.
    - Supports FlexMail 4 sms and email notifications.
    - Can be configured to blink led when any of the above listed events occur.
    - Can be configured to vibrate when any of the above listed events occur.
    - Multi-color/blink rate LED settings
    - Unlimited number of vibe styles that can be configured for each type of event.
    - Rotating text display for notification counts, date, battery and signal percentage, available memory and Xcast weather.
    - Several Xcast weather display options. Weather can be configured for any zip code or country code worldwide.
    - Timer to control when events are monitored so you can have it automatically disable alerts at night.
    - Each type of alert can be disabled/enabled individually so if you don't want to be notified for Email's for example you can disable it.
    - Display rotation intervals and Reminder alert intervals are configurable.
    - Multiple today plugins are supported and can be switched at will.
    - Voice announce of pending alerts and last missed call

Designed and developed by the treocentral community
    Primary developers:
    slingbox, hannip, codyppc
    Xcast based on code written by g-funkster
    Billboard today plugin written by zbop
    TreoLED written by zbop.

Treo Alert is designed to work on Palm Treo and other Windows Mobile PPC devices.

Some pics and the cab:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 08/01/2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: beta10 - Xcast fix and a few other bug fixes
    If I am running an 8.x beta do I need to uninstall first?

Great to see you and this app here!

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    If I am running an 8.x beta do I need to uninstall first?

Great to see you and this app here!

Thanks
    Nope, no need to uninstall first as long as you are using 8.2 beta 12 or later.
    'bout time. lol. JK

good job buddy
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    'bout time. lol. JK

good job buddy

hehe, yeah I know, I'm not as fast as I used to be. Getting old and senile.
    you da man hannip - I rely heavlily on TA to nag me on missed SMS messages and now that I ordered Treo Pro I am glad you ported it over.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Hannip,

First of all- thanks for all your hard work- I've been using Treo Alert since the first beta posted; on my old 700WX.

I downloaded the new cab to my new Sprint TP, and it works same as always, but can't get the D-Pad beacon to respond at all.
    I have it set to Vibes, Reminder and LED-
    any ideas?
    and yes, I've tried a soft rest after installing, and had no previous versions installed before installing 9.0

Thanks again,
    Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 03/21/2009 at 08:09 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    Hannip,

First of all- thanks for all your hard work- I've been using Treo Alert since the first beta posted; on my old 700WX.

I downloaded the new cab to my new Sprint TP, and it works same as always, but can't get the D-Pad beacon to respond at all.
    I have it set to Vibes, Reminder and LED-
    any ideas?
    and yes, I've tried a soft rest after installing, and had no previous versions installed before installing 9.0

Thanks again,
    Mark
    hmm, can you check a few registry values?

HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\Device
    Should be "Sprint Treo Pro"

HKLM\Software\HTC\Beacon\Enable
    Should be 1

Let me know, thx.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, can you check a few registry values?

HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\Device
    Should be "Sprint Treo Pro"

HKLM\Software\HTC\Beacon\Enable
    Should be 1

Let me know, thx.
    yes- those are the values I have
  10.    #10  
    yes- those are the values I have
    Ok, next test. Use a reg editor to set the following to a value of 1 to see if your dpad beacon lights up.

HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Count
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Ok, next test. Use a reg editor to set the following to a value of 1 to see if your dpad beacon lights up.

HKCU\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread\Count
    Yes- it's flashing as I'm writing this
    Another issue seems to be that since new email doesn't wake the device- the beacon doesn't illuminate until the device turns on.

Works great for sms though.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Hannip-

I just got a text, and the Beacon DID light up- but it still won't light for email, whether the phone is on screen saver or not-
    i.e. no Beacon at all for email.
  14.    #14  
    Ah I know what is happening.

For some reason no sound or notification is defined in Sounds & Notifications when a new email arrives. All you need to do is go into S&N and select Event: "Messaging: New e-mail message". Then pick a sound if desired and check the box for "Display message on screen".

This should generate the notification that TA needs to do it's thing.
    I have all the boxes in the notifcations setting checked and still nothing. Although as soon as the devic

Exchange enables this as a power save option by default I believe. No wake, just a ding.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

For some reason no sound or notification is defined in Sounds & Notifications when a new email arrives. All you need to do is go into S&N and select Event: "Messaging: New e-mail message". Then pick a sound if desired and check the box for "Display message on screen".

Thanx,

That fixed the notifications, including the beacon;
    Here's the interesting part- It won't wake up the phone on the initial alert, but it DOES wake up the phone at my 2 minute reminder interval-
    I tried it 3 times with different emails-
    At the arrival of the email with the phone off and screensaver on, I get just the vibration, (no sound notification set)- phone stays asleep, beacon does NOT flash-
    at 2 minute intervals thereafter, phone wakes up, beacon starts flashing (and thereafter flashes continuously through the sleep phase as well) until I check the email- i.e phone goes back to sleep but wakes up ever 2 minutes
    Interesting, huh?

Mark
    Last edited by marksr; 03/21/2009 at 11:51 PM.
    i'm new to this whole beacon thingy. can we adjust the rate at which it blinks?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  18.    #18  
    Thanx,

That fixed the notifications, including the beacon;
    Here's the interesting part- It won't wake up the phone on the initial alert, but it DOES wake up the phone at my 2 minute reminder interval-
    I tried it 3 times with different emails-
    At the arrival of the email with the phone off and screensaver on, I get just the vibration, (no sound notification set)- phone stays asleep, beacon does NOT flash-
    at 2 minute intervals thereafter, phone wakes up, beacon starts flashing (and thereafter flashes continuously through the sleep phase as well) until I check the email- i.e phone goes back to sleep but wakes up ever 2 minutes
    Interesting, huh?

Mark
    Yeah, I got the same results. It looks like the beacon needs the device to unsuspend before it will start working. I'll look into it.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    i'm new to this whole beacon thingy. can we adjust the rate at which it blinks?
    I looked in the registry and didn't see anything obvious.

Worked for me.
    Thanks
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast