Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Got the .wav file set up a little bit better. How would I post it here so you guys can listen to it?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Got the .wav file set up a little bit better. How would I post it here so you guys can listen to it?
    You can zip it up then add as an attachment.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Could it be that the night timer is on cuz that's how it would act.
    Yes. Duh....maybe I should just go to bed earlier. (at least when my night timer is on) I was just testing ya. Sorry for the confusion.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Yes. Duh....maybe I should just go to bed earlier. (at least when my night timer is on) I was just testing ya. Sorry for the confusion.
    hehe, yeah, it still happens to me too. You'd think I'd learn eventually.

Maybe I'll add some indicator that the timer is active in a future drop.
    *gleeeeeeeeeeeeee*

LED Alerts! My savior in long boring meetings

Many thanks!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Are the LED alerts working for anyone? With the newest beta, neither the LED alerts nor the beacon work. The wav alerts don't work either.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by laquinta View Post
    Are the LED alerts working for anyone? With the newest beta, neither the LED alerts nor the beacon work. The wav alerts don't work either.
    1) What are your Alert Settings set to?

2) Try turning off the timer if it is on. It could be you have it set to turn off alerts.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    1) What are your Alert Settings set to?

2) Try turning off the timer if it is on. It could be you have it set to turn off alerts.
    1. LED & REMINDER & VIBE

2. Timer has never been turned on.

Just discovered that the reminder tone will play if the phone is awake. No sound if the screen is locked. No LED or beacon ever, unless it's a voicemail and WM6.1 turns it on.
    Sent you that file in an email Hannip
  10.    #150  
    Sent you that file in an email Hannip
    Thanks, I got it. I listened to it on my pro and it seems like it is at a lower bit rate than the other one. Was there a higher bit rate version?

I attached the zip for others to listen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #151  
    1. LED & REMINDER & VIBE

2. Timer has never been turned on.

Just discovered that the reminder tone will play if the phone is awake. No sound if the screen is locked. No LED or beacon ever, unless it's a voicemail and WM6.1 turns it on.
    Have you tried reinstalling? Did you install on the device storage or the storage card? I don't get many reports on install failures, but it can happen.

Oh and if you had previously installed a Treo Alert older than 8.2 beta 12 you will need to uninstall that version first.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/17/2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Thanks, I got it. I listened to it on my pro and it seems like it is at a lower bit rate than the other one. Was there a higher bit rate version?

I attached the zip for others to listen.
    Huh, somethings not right. I just listened to that ZIP file, than my file, back to back. Your file has the "Pro" and "9" closer together, and definitely not as good quality as the one on my PC. I'll just copy and past the sentence and let you know what site I used.

EDIT: Here Hannip. I just did this real quick, you can get the idea and tweak it how you wish

Treo Alert--Pro---Nine--point--O---Online

I did it on http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
    Last edited by Centro85; 04/17/2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Have you tried reinstalling? Did you install on the device storage or the storage card? I don't get many reports on install failures, but it can happen.

Oh and if you had previously installed a Treo Alert older than 8.2 beta 12 you will need to uninstall that version first.
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No difference. Always install programs to the main memory. Only Today plug-ins running are Pocket Weather, Pocket Digital Clock and Today Agenda.

Do the Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notifications settings have any impact on TA reminders?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Backup, hard reset, restore = no change. TA isn't working right for me.
  15.    #155  
    Backup, hard reset, restore = no change. TA isn't working right for me.
    Must be some conflict. Too bad you didn't try it without the restore first.
  16.    #156  
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No difference. Always install programs to the main memory. Only Today plug-ins running are Pocket Weather, Pocket Digital Clock and Today Agenda.

Do the Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notifications settings have any impact on TA reminders?
    Yes, The initial notification is what Treo Alert kicks off on so S&N needs to be set with a sound or popup bubble.
  17.    #157  
    Huh, somethings not right. I just listened to that ZIP file, than my file, back to back. Your file has the "Pro" and "9" closer together, and definitely not as good quality as the one on my PC. I'll just copy and past the sentence and let you know what site I used.

EDIT: Here Hannip. I just did this real quick, you can get the idea and tweak it how you wish

Treo Alert--Pro---Nine--point--O---Online

I did it on AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo
    Ok, I think I got a good one. I ended up removing the version number since it was getting too big. To get it to sound right this is what I ended up with.

Tree-oh-Alert Proe.
    Online.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yes, The initial notification is what Treo Alert kicks off on so S&N needs to be set with a sound or popup bubble.
    Again, the vibrating portion of the reminder always works with TA. There is a conflict somewhere.

If I feel the vibrating reminder going after a test text message, I can quickly switch the ringer switch from sound to silent and back and then get the remainder of the reminder sound. Does that make sense?

It's not a switch issue because that works perfectly when the phone is turned on. It has something to do with how the STP goes to sleep.
  19.    #159  
    Again, the vibrating portion of the reminder always works with TA. There is a conflict somewhere.

If I feel the vibrating reminder going after a test text message, I can quickly switch the ringer switch from sound to silent and back and then get the remainder of the reminder sound. Does that make sense?

It's not a switch issue because that works perfectly when the phone is turned on. It has something to do with how the STP goes to sleep.
    oh I bet I know what is going on. Check the registry value at:

HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\Device

The value is suppose to be "Sprint Treo Pro". If it's not you can change it or delete the reg value and reinstall. You might be best off just deleting the whole Mort's MortScript key tree.

The problem is that if you installed a really old Treo Alert that didn't recognize your device it leaves the old device info there which is incorrect and the program doesn't set things up right in that case.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Who rocks? hannip rocks!

You go it buddy. Changing from "unknown" to "Sprint Treo Pro" now gives me a nice solid red LED as well as my audible reminder.

PM me with your paypal address and I'll shoot $5 your way for taking the time to help me out and for the much-needed program.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast