Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 359
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mharpen View Post
    Ok gottcha. I was just thrown off since green-blink was the default for voice mail. But I understand this needs to remain the default since it works on other treos. So, currently the only blink on the Treo Pro is Orange for the time being and if we want the LED for voice mail, then we need to change it to Orange (for now). I understand now and am thrilled to have any color blinking. Thanks again!
    Ah, I thought I had changed the default, but missed it. Sorry for the false hope.

    Edit: i re-uploaded with the defaults changed.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/15/2009 at 08:56 PM.
  2. #122  
    Hannip/ zbop- terrific work. TA is really one of the most useful apps in the entire windows mobile universe.

    On request based on the new beta; Would it be possible to choose led AND beacon blink? I would like to use both. Beacon on all alerts in addition to led in order to specify what is pending.

    Thanks again-
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Hannip/ zbop- terrific work. TA is really one of the most useful apps in the entire windows mobile universe.
    Wow, thanks.

    On request based on the new beta; Would it be possible to choose led AND beacon blink? I would like to use both. Beacon on all alerts in addition to led in order to specify what is pending.

    Thanks again-
    I knew this would come up.
    That's gonna be a little more difficult, but I'll see what I can do.
  4. #124  
    Lol, figures!

    Thank you again!
  5. #125  
    Great application! Noticed one small bug. Sends an annoying moritscript warning alert every 5 seconds when I run card export 3.17

    hmm, seems to interfere with the operation of Batti 2.4 which shows my battery life on top in all screen views. big bummer for me :\ still an awesome program though :P
    Last edited by awwcrap; 04/15/2009 at 09:52 PM.
  6. #126  
    Awesome application!! Completely satisfied!!

    My only two small complaints are
    1. The Beacon doesn't blink fast enough. I wish there was a setting to adjust the blink "rate" to be a little faster. A few times I have glanced at my phone for a few seconds, saw nothing, than heard the "Email Pending" or "Text message pending" message a few seconds after I looked. The beacon does work for me, it's just too slow blinking. Not sure if that's even something that Palm allows to be adjusted

    2. This is trivial, but probably the most annoying. I keep the "Voice alert on start up" turned on, so I know if the phone does a reset by itself, or when it is done booting etc. In stead of saying "Treo Alert Pro online" or something that makes sense, it sounds more along the lines of "Treo Pro Alert zero Pro zero nlIIIne" heh. I know it is trying to say TreoAlertPro 9.0 Online, but what is says makes absolutely no sense
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by awwcrap View Post
    Great application! Noticed one small bug. Sends an annoying moritscript warning alert every 5 seconds when I run card export 3.17
    What does the warning say? By chance did you install TA on your storage card?
    Last edited by hannip; 04/15/2009 at 09:56 PM.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Awesome application!! Completely satisfied!!

    My only two small complaints are
    1. The Beacon doesn't blink fast enough. I wish there was a setting to adjust the blink "rate" to be a little faster. A few times I have glanced at my phone for a few seconds, saw nothing, than heard the "Email Pending" or "Text message pending" message a few seconds after I looked. The beacon does work for me, it's just too slow blinking. Not sure if that's even something that Palm allows to be adjusted
    Unfortunately neither I or zbop have found a way to change the blink rate of the beacon.

    2. This is trivial, but probably the most annoying. I keep the "Voice alert on start up" turned on, so I know if the phone does a reset by itself, or when it is done booting etc. In stead of saying "Treo Alert Pro online" or something that makes sense, it sounds more along the lines of "Treo Pro Alert zero Pro zero nlIIIne" heh. I know it is trying to say TreoAlertPro 9.0 Online, but what is says makes absolutely no sense
    lol, it says, "Treo Alert Pro nine point zero". You can change this to whatever you want by replacing the following file with your own version.

    \Program Files\TREO ALERT\SOUNDS\WELCOME.wav
  9. #129  
    Script \Storage Card\ Program Files\ TREO ALERT\CHARGEMON.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized?)

    and

    Script \Storage Card\ Program Files\ TREO ALERT\TREOSET.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized?)


    also noticed it effects the operation of Batti 2.4, but I still think the program is awesome :P

    oops! my mistake, i just performed a soft reset and the batti 2.4 bar at the top has returned!
    Last edited by awwcrap; 04/15/2009 at 10:10 PM.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Unfortunately neither I or zbop have found a way to change the blink rate of the beacon.



    lol, it says, "Treo Alert Pro nine point zero". You can change this to whatever you want by replacing the following file with your own version.

    \Program Files\TREO ALERT\SOUNDS\WELCOME.wav
    I figured as much with the Beacon, just the one thing that bugs me with the actual program. All in all, a very very useful app. I would say mandatory with the Pro, you all did an excellent job.

    Thanks for the tip with the sound file. I actually like the program announcing itself (Treo Alert Pro 9.0 etc.) when the phone starts, it lets me know windows booted itself and is functioning properly since that is one of the last things on my phone to load after a reset. I don't want to change it to anything else, just wish it was a more pronounced or more recognizable message. I know computerized text reading is always a PITA, just something that bugs me, but not enough to change to a song or something
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by awwcrap View Post
    Script \Storage Card\ Program Files\ TREO ALERT\CHARGEMON.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized?)

    and

    Script \Storage Card\ Program Files\ TREO ALERT\TREOSET.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized?)


    also noticed it effects the operation of Batti 2.4, but I still think the program is awesome :P
    Oh ok, so card export must be disallowing access or changing the path. What you could do is uninstall TA and reinstall it on the device storage to avoid this issue.

    I'm not familiar with Batti 2.4. How is it affecting it?
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I figured as much with the Beacon, just the one thing that bugs me with the actual program. All in all, a very very useful app. I would say mandatory with the Pro, you all did an excellent job.

    Thanks for the tip with the sound file. I actually like the program announcing itself (Treo Alert Pro 9.0 etc.) when the phone starts, it lets me know windows booted itself and is functioning properly since that is one of the last things on my phone to load after a reset. I don't want to change it to anything else, just wish it was a more pronounced or more recognizable message. I know computerized text reading is always a PITA, just something that bugs me, but not enough to change to a song or something
    I tried several free text to voice apps before selecting that one as the best. If you find a better one post it here and I'll consider using it. That goes for anyone.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I tried several free text to voice apps before selecting that one as the best. If you find a better one post it here and I'll consider using it. That goes for anyone.
    If you want to post a link to the free site, I will try to play around with the wording if you would like. Sometimes those text to speach things work really funky, and you have to type "Treeeo Aleert Prooo Nine" to get it to say Treo Alert Pro 9 properly. Points never seem to work right unless you use a LOT of spaces/pauses
  14. #134  
    I am running both TA and card export from my card. Should I install one of the 2 programs in the system memory? I just performed a soft reset and the batti 2.4 bar at the top has returned!

    here's the link to batti 2.4, very handy application. shows a bar at the top in all screens that displays current battery life

    1800pocketpc.com/2008/09/08/batti-24-battery-indicator-for-pocketpc.html

    (sorry link is not highlighted, forum won't let me post links until I make 10 posts)
  15. #135  
    I understand what you mean now, sorry it's past my bedtime I installed TA on my system memory and error is gone.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    If you want to post a link to the free site, I will try to play around with the wording if you would like. Sometimes those text to speach things work really funky, and you have to type "Treeeo Aleert Prooo Nine" to get it to say Treo Alert Pro 9 properly. Points never seem to work right unless you use a LOT of spaces/pauses
    Cepstral Text-to-Speech

    also this one is pretty good.

    AT&T Labs Text-to-Speech: Demo
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by awwcrap View Post
    I understand what you mean now, sorry it's past my bedtime I installed TA on my system memory and error is gone.
    Glad to see it all worked out.
  18. peridoc's Avatar
    Posts
    421 Posts
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    #138  
    Hannip,

    I downloaded the latest beta and I am now not seeing any LED or Beacon lights (at least for SMS or Email). Is there something that needs to be built into this code that lets the new LED and Beacon functions work properly with the Flexmail stuff we figured out earlier? I am on a Sprint Treo Pro, BTW. The counts in the billboard still work properly with Flexmail SMS and Email, just no LED or beacon lights. I tried different combinations with no luck...any thoughts?
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Hannip,

    I downloaded the latest beta and I am now not seeing any LED or Beacon lights (at least for SMS or Email). Is there something that needs to be built into this code that lets the new LED and Beacon functions work properly with the Flexmail stuff we figured out earlier? I am on a Sprint Treo Pro, BTW. The counts in the billboard still work properly with Flexmail SMS and Email, just no LED or beacon lights. I tried different combinations with no luck...any thoughts?
    Could it be that the night timer is on cuz that's how it would act.
  20. #140  
    This app keeps on getting better. Was using Phone Alarm but it does not support notifications well on Treo Pro & author refused to make it work properly on Treo Pro. Luckily someone on that forum pointed out Treo Alert Pro. Love this app. Ok, time for bed.
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions