Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Tried SMS with Flexmail with the new beta file and it looks like it is working now. Great work!

Hmmm...I am not sure that I am comfortable sending a full registry dump out - I hope you understand. Is there a section that I could send to you that might be of help? Flexmail has a free trial that might be helpful as well if you just needed to root around in the registry for entries. As a added note, the unread SMS count appears to work ok, it was just the email count I noticed did not change.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It's ok if the sync notification goes on top of the new email notification as long as both are pending. You should see a little bubble icon on top of the today screen showing both notifications when you tap it.
    Hmmm...What I saw was a icon that looked like a conversation/chat bubble and when I clicked it I got the account sync message. Once I cleared it then the new mail notification popped up and only then did TA take effect. I will have to test this again as I do not use the feature a lot.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Tried SMS with Flexmail with the new beta file and it looks like it is working now. Great work!

Hmmm...I am not sure that I am comfortable sending a full registry dump out - I hope you understand. Is there a section that I could send to you that might be of help? Flexmail has a free trial that might be helpful as well if you just needed to root around in the registry for entries. As a added note, the unread SMS count appears to work ok, it was just the email count I noticed did not change.
    That's ok, I think I know what to do to add up the email accounts. I was just unsure about the sms count. Is there a specific storage account for sms? Example here is what the email storages look like for FlexMail.

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebIS\Mail2\Storages]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebIS\Mail2\Storages\{ca8da580-17e5-01c2-f953-f0ecc37db928}]
    "TotalMessages"=dword:0000004C
    "TotalUnreadMessages"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WebIS\Mail2\Storages\{09216100-17e2-01c2-0250-f0ecc37db928}]
    "TotalUnreadMessages"=dword:00000002
    "TotalMessages"=dword:000001E5
    In your registry is there one for sms?

Also you said the SMS count is working. Try receiving 2 sms messages. Does the sms count increase to 2 or stay at 1? TA does some adjustments for sms if it sees a zero count when there is an active sms notification.
  4.    #84  
    Hmmm...What I saw was a icon that looked like a conversation/chat bubble and when I clicked it I got the account sync message. Once I cleared it then the new mail notification popped up and only then did TA take effect. I will have to test this again as I do not use the feature a lot.
    yeah, I added the sync guid so it should handle it either way now.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    In your registry is there one for sms?

Also you said the SMS count is working. Try receiving 2 sms messages. Does the sms count increase to 2 or stay at 1? TA does some adjustments for sms if it sees a zero count when there is an active sms notification.
    I do not see a storage in registry for SMS where you said to look. I have two storages and based on the total messages number count in them I have one for my Inbox only and the other is for all messages in all folders of my email account.

I sent another SMS and the SMS count increased to 2.
  6.    #86  
    I do not see a storage in registry for SMS where you said to look. I have two storages and based on the total messages number count in them I have one for my Inbox only and the other is for all messages in all folders of my email account.

I sent another SMS and the SMS count increased to 2.
    Interesting. Looks like Flex must be updating the poutlook registry for sms. I wonder why they don't do the same thing for total email.

Ok, well I uploaded a test version with the email sync guid added. I'll get to adding up the email counts tomorrow night after work. Gotta get some zzz's.

Edit: oh, can you dump the storages registry items please. You said one is for all accounts. Is there a way to identify that one from the other or does it look just like that one a posted in a previous post?
  7.    #87  
    hmm, this doc form WebIS says you have to loop through all storage regs. Seems inconsistent from what you said.

WebIS Knowledgebase :: How to get a number of total and unread messages for POP3/IMAP4 storage?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Interesting. I checked again and with one unread SMS waiting I only have two storages. One has 5 total messages with 0 unread (which is my email Inbox) and the other has 26 messages with 0 unread (which is all my email messages -- all folders including sent, Inbox, etc. added up). Maybe they use the default SMS storage that poutlook uses instead of a Flexmail one. I know that the two "storages" that were there by default and I can not remove are "ActiveSync" and "SMS"
  9.    #89  
    Interesting. I checked again and with one unread SMS waiting I only have two storages. One has 5 total messages with 0 unread (which is my email Inbox) and the other has 26 messages with 0 unread (which is all my email messages -- all folders including sent, Inbox, etc. added up). Maybe they use the default SMS storage that poutlook uses instead of a Flexmail one. I know that the two "storages" that were there by default and I can not remove are "ActiveSync" and "SMS"
    Yeah, I bet they use cemail.vol for sms just like poutlook. For emails, I currently don't see an alternative than looping through the storage regs and adding up the unread counts. I should have something for you to test later on tonight.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yeah, I bet they use cemail.vol for sms just like poutlook. For emails, I currently don't see an alternative than looping through the storage regs and adding up the unread counts. I should have something for you to test later on tonight.
    I think that you are right. Based on that document that you linked to, it sounds like you have to add up the unread counts from there. Thanks a lot for getting this working. I am happy to test and help out as much as I can.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Got a question for you: I have Batti installed to show my remaining battery level at the top of every screen. Would this cause any conflicts with TA and it's monitoring of battery remaining percent?
  12.    #92  
    Got a question for you: I have Batti installed to show my remaining battery level at the top of every screen. Would this cause any conflicts with TA and it's monitoring of battery remaining percent?
    Nope, should be fine. TA just reads a registry setting that the OS sets for raw battery percentage.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Many thanks to Hannip and the others who put this together. I'm a new PalmPro user having just migrated over from my Moto q9c. Other than I bought the "unauthorized 1.03" version on ebay and my fingers are figuring out the keyboard, I'm pretty happy with the switch. Tweaks like this just make it all the better.

Thanks again...
    Mark
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by the_mig View Post
    Many thanks to Hannip and the others who put this together. I'm a new PalmPro user having just migrated over from my Moto q9c. Other than I bought the "unauthorized 1.03" version on ebay and my fingers are figuring out the keyboard, I'm pretty happy with the switch. Tweaks like this just make it all the better.

Thanks again...
    Mark
    You're welcome. And welcome to treocentral.
  15.    #95  
    Ok peridoc,

Please try out this new test version I updated here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1579312-post79.html

Let me know how it turns out. I would've had it to you sooner, but I fell asleep during the testing phase while waiting for emails to arrive.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Let me know how it turns out. I would've had it to you sooner, but I fell asleep during the testing phase while waiting for emails to arrive.
    hannip,

The new email counts seem to work well with Flexmail. I tested with multiple emails and the count went up correctly. One thing I did notice was that once a SMS or a Email comes in, the "VM MC SM EM" screen of the billboard comes up with the new count and the billboard rotation stops and about every three seconds I get a double-blink of the "VM MC SM EM" message (almost like it is refreshing or something). My settings currently are to rotate from that screen to the "Treo Alert Pro: Bat:XX%" screen every 6 seconds. I was not sure if that was normal behavior or not when unread messages are waiting. Does the "VM MC SM EM" message always show when there are item counts listed? If so then there is no need for me to have it in my regular rotation...

Thanks!
  17.    #97  
    hannip,

The new email counts seem to work well with Flexmail. I tested with multiple emails and the count went up correctly. One thing I did notice was that once a SMS or a Email comes in, the "VM MC SM EM" screen of the billboard comes up with the new count and the billboard rotation stops and about every three seconds I get a double-blink of the "VM MC SM EM" message (almost like it is refreshing or something). My settings currently are to rotate from that screen to the "Treo Alert Pro: Bat:XX%" screen every 6 seconds. I was not sure if that was normal behavior or not when unread messages are waiting. Does the "VM MC SM EM" message always show when there are item counts listed? If so then there is no need for me to have it in my regular rotation...

Thanks!
    Yes that's normal. When there are active alerts the counts will blink until all pending alerts are dismissed. It works slightly diferent when you have counts selected as a display option. Try it each way to see. You can change all TA options and see the results in real time.

Normally TA zeros all counts on dismiss, but that can be disabled in the display options if you like so that the counts only change when the apps change them. Most prefer the default behavior to zero the counts.

Personally I only want to see counts when there is a new notification. Here are my display rotation settings :

Sig=100% Bat=100% 50MB
    Long date
    Xcast weather (Every 15 min)
    Display when Ringer switch off
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes that's normal. When there are active alerts the counts will blink until all pending alerts are dismissed.
    Cool. It looked like it was by design, but I wanted to check and make sure that it was not something introduced with these latest changes. I will check out the different options as I have not had the opportunity to do that fully. Thanks for all the work and for posting your rotation settings. Let me know if you want me to test anything else out for you...always happy to help.
  19.    #99  
    Cool. It looked like it was by design, but I wanted to check and make sure that it was not something introduced with these latest changes. I will check out the different options as I have not had the opportunity to do that fully. Thanks for all the work and for posting your rotation settings. Let me know if you want me to test anything else out for you...always happy to help.
    No problem, and thanks for your patience getting this to work properly for FlexMail. I'll upload beta5 to post #1 for others to enjoy.
    I am using Flexmail 4.1 (beta). This has been in beta for quite some time and has many enhancements over the version 4 release. (such as speed enhancements, threaded SMS, etc.) It is very good. I got it from this URL:

Index of /FTF/FlexMail

In my "Sounds & Notifications" I have some entries specifically for Flexmail that are:

Flexmail Account Synching
    Flexmail New Per Message
    Flexmail SMS Notifications

So my guess is that #2 is more likely sine my guess is TA does not recognize those. Here is the value of that registry item:

{1A661EBA-6203-4E89-BABE-43FB1C044E43}

Let me know if there is anything else I should look at...

Keith
    are those free versions of flexmail?

also, which one are you using for the pro?
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast