Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Not that I know of. Why not just move the Billboard plugin to the bottom of the today screen?
    Mostly because I have apps (TomTom, Activesync, etc) that put stuff in the tray when I run them and it messes up (adds a scroll to) my today screen.

I hate that, so I just account for it up front and have now put a functional (toggle/show state) bluetooth icon there. Since I only have the bluetooth icon and the occasional one or 2 app icons and I don't need another launcher, the remainder of the tray is wasted. So I thought I could put alerts in there, but haven't found anything that will do that yet. Here is my today screen:

2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Mostly because I have apps (TomTom, Activesync, etc) that put stuff in the tray when I run them and it messes up (adds a scroll to) my today screen.

I hate that, so I just account for it up front and have now put a functional (toggle/show state) bluetooth icon there. Since I only have the bluetooth icon and the occasional one or 2 app icons and I don't need another launcher, the remainder of the tray is wasted. So I thought I could put alerts in there, but haven't found anything that will do that yet. Here is my today screen:

There are ways to hide the system tray so that you can use the extra space. Maybe that would be a better solution. Billboard already has bluetooth status and enable/disable and settings so you wouldn't lose that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=248968&page=4
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Never used it. Does it generate a system notification?

nmind it does...
    can we increase the speed of beacon blinking?
    Hi Hannip
    Thanks for your (and everybody´s...)great work
    a quick question
    I LOVE TA and use it all the time, now on my Treo Pro

Do you think it would be possible to use TA as a quick reminder
    ie: in menu add a quick note and a time either remind me in xx minutes or remind me at xx time

I love TA so much and now specially Treo Pro not turning on the screen for each reminder is great

Or should I just use a dedicated program ( I don´t really know which one is simple enough)

thanks in advance
    Peter
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by belcore View Post
    Hi Hannip
    Thanks for your (and everybody´s...)great work
    a quick question
    I LOVE TA and use it all the time, now on my Treo Pro

Do you think it would be possible to use TA as a quick reminder
    ie: in menu add a quick note and a time either remind me in xx minutes or remind me at xx time

I love TA so much and now specially Treo Pro not turning on the screen for each reminder is great

Or should I just use a dedicated program ( I don´t really know which one is simple enough)

thanks in advance
    Peter
    I can add it to the to-do list. I can't promise when I'll get to it, but it's a good idea. Thanks

I would probably integrate it with the built in calendar, but it would be quick and easy entry.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/03/2009 at 12:51 AM.
    I can add it to the to-do list. I can't promise when I'll get to it, but it's a good idea. Thanks

I would probably integrate it with the built in calendar, but it would be quick and easy entry.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am using Flexmail as my default client for SMS and email and I am new to using Treo Alert Pro. I am having trouble getting TA to work with new incoming SMS messages. Weird thing is that TA Billboard picks up that I have a new SMS (via the updated count), but the beacon/vibe/reminder does not appear to trigger. Is there a way to get TA to recognize these new SMS's (and presumably emails) when using Flexmail as your client? Maybe I am just missing something...

Thanks!
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I am using Flexmail as my default client for SMS and email and I am new to using Treo Alert Pro. I am having trouble getting TA to work with new incoming SMS messages. Weird thing is that TA Billboard picks up that I have a new SMS (via the updated count), but the beacon/vibe/reminder does not appear to trigger. Is there a way to get TA to recognize these new SMS's (and presumably emails) when using Flexmail as your client? Maybe I am just missing something...

Thanks!
    Click on the Billboard plugin and select Alert Settings Menu. Which selection have you chosen?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have choosen (5):=LED & REMINDER & VIBE
  10.    #70  
    I have choosen (5):=LED & REMINDER & VIBE
    If Billboard shows a count for sms then it should flash the beacon and provide repeat notification. Click on the Billboard plugin and check if the Timer is turning off the alerts. Try turning Timer Off if it's on.

Also is the sms=1 flashing in the Billboard or did you select to have counts always displayed? If the latter then maybe the sms guid is different for FlexMail. I'd have to get the reg setting for that if that's the case.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Billboard does show it (SM:1), but I am not seeing the beacon, audible or vibrate reminders (set to 1 minute intervals right now). I have tried it with Timer on and off (Off right now as you suggested) As an additional note, I had a calendar alarm set earlier and I heard one repeat (the initial one plus once more) and then it never repeated any more and I never took the phone out of my pocket.
  12.    #72  
    Billboard does show it (SM:1), but I am not seeing the beacon, audible or vibrate reminders (set to 1 minute intervals right now). I have tried it with Timer on and off (Off right now as you suggested) As an additional note, I had a calendar alarm set earlier and I heard one repeat (the initial one plus once more) and then it never repeated any more and I never took the phone out of my pocket.
    Ok, it can be one of two things.

1) Check Sounds & Notifications for your sms and verify that you have the checkbox checked for "Display message on screen" and a sound selected.

2) If the above looks ok then it's most likely that FlexMail is setting a guid that TA doesn't yet know about. When you have a pending sms active jot down the value for the following registry item.

HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active\CLSID

Btw, what version of FlexMail are you using? I didn't even know that FlexMail could handle sms.

Edit: oh cool, just checked out the FlexMail 4 website and it shows support for sms and mms.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/05/2009 at 08:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am using Flexmail 4.1 (beta). This has been in beta for quite some time and has many enhancements over the version 4 release. (such as speed enhancements, threaded SMS, etc.) It is very good. I got it from this URL:

Index of /FTF/FlexMail

In my "Sounds & Notifications" I have some entries specifically for Flexmail that are:

Flexmail Account Synching
    Flexmail New Per Message
    Flexmail SMS Notifications

So my guess is that #2 is more likely sine my guess is TA does not recognize those. Here is the value of that registry item:

{1A661EBA-6203-4E89-BABE-43FB1C044E43}

Let me know if there is anything else I should look at...

Keith
  14.    #74  
    I am using Flexmail 4.1 (beta). This has been in beta for quite some time and has many enhancements over the version 4 release. (such as speed enhancements, threaded SMS, etc.) It is very good. I got it from this URL:

Index of /FTF/FlexMail

In my "Sounds & Notifications" I have some entries specifically for Flexmail that are:

Flexmail New Per Message

So my guess is that #2 is more likely sine my guess is TA does not recognize those. Here is the value of that registry item:

{1A661EBA-6203-4E89-BABE-43FB1C044E43}

Let me know if there is anything else I should look at...

Keith
    Ok cool. I'll add that guid and upload a test version of TA for you to try.
    Can you verify the case of the letters in that guid. I did a google search and see references to that guid using lowercase letters. I would prefer not to add additional processing to lowercase or uppercase the string before comparing. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, I found I had someone's registry that uses FlexMail. Looks like it's lowercase letters.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/05/2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I used MyMobiler to copy and paste the exact entry I found in Resco Registry Editor (should I use something else?) in my previous post. I went back and looked again just to double check and it looks like a match to me.

I also tested the Flexmail Account Synchronization notification and I found another entry that TA did not recognize:

{3E543E4B-FB75-45E4-BB0C-948816D40A12}

I also tested incoming email message notification (using Flexmail) and I get TA to notify my with the Beacon & Audio, but the Billboard does not update with a number of messages for "EM".
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Although, looking under HKCU->ControlPanel->Notifications I see the same values (lower/upper case) as these:

{1a661eba-6203-4e89-babe-43fb1c044e43}

Flexmail New per Message
    {1B70F4A6-F103-40a1-82EC-45CC19E46889}

{3E543E4B-FB75-45E4-BB0C-948816D4A12}

Regardless, I would think that TA would be better off knowing all three...
  17.    #77  
    I used MyMobiler to copy and paste the exact entry I found in Resco Registry Editor (should I use something else?) in my previous post. I went back and looked again just to double check and it looks like a match to me.

I also tested the Flexmail Account Synchronization notification and I found another entry that TA did not recognize:

{3E543E4B-FB75-45E4-BB0C-948816D40A12}

I also tested incoming email message notification (using Flexmail) and I get TA to notify my with the Beacon & Audio, but the Billboard does not update with a number of messages for "EM".
    hmm, ok, maybe the OS uppercases it then.
    So when is the account sync used? TA is looking for this guid for new FlexMail email notification:
    {1B70F4A6-F103-40A1-82EC-45CC19E46889}
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Ah...ok. Cool.

As for the Account Sync, there is an option to display a notification of when an account or accounts have been synced and it gives a synopsis (Like 2/2 accounts synched and 3/3 unread messages, or something along those lines). I personally do not use this, but in my testing the problem was that this notification came up on top of the new mail one and TA appeared not to work for the email until I cleared the account sync notification. This situation would be solved if the account sync was recognized as well, I think.
  19.    #79  
    Try this to see if we are making progress for the flexmail sms.

- Added flex sms guid
    - Added flex mail sync guid
    - Added flex mail email storage unread counting
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 04/07/2009 at 02:30 AM.
  20.    #80  
    Ah...ok. Cool.

As for the Account Sync, there is an option to display a notification of when an account or accounts have been synced and it gives a synopsis (Like 2/2 accounts synched and 3/3 unread messages, or something along those lines). I personally do not use this, but in my testing the problem was that this notification came up on top of the new mail one and TA appeared not to work for the email until I cleared the account sync notification. This situation would be solved if the account sync was recognized as well, I think.
    It's ok if the sync notification goes on top of the new email notification as long as both are pending. You should see a little bubble icon on top of the today screen showing both notifications when you tap it.

Edit: Is the sync notification only for email accounts? I assume so. Ok I guess I should add that also then just to be safe.

For the email and sms counts it looks like Flexmail doesn't have one total like poutlook Inbox has so I'll have to loop through each FlexMail Storage registory to add up the counts. This is where your registry dump will come in handy.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/05/2009 at 10:52 PM.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast